It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Faith VS Hope. The freeman´s will VS the slaves illusion.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Faith VS Hope...

What is hope but a disguised evil. It is a sadistic form of slow death, slow torture, and enduring pain in a hopeless situation. HOPE...is worthless. It is the slaves resignation to never break the chains that hold him. It is the evil of good men that do nothing. It is the vile form of consequence taken from our hands and passed off onto another. It is irresponsibility with ourselves. It is deception unto others. It is inaction. It is the resolve to just let things be.

Faith is the determination of will expressed in the real world. It is action guided by pure will. It is resolve to see things through and self reliance. It is autonomy and affirmative action. It is the champions religion as faith in one self. It is a sense of duty when it is asked of you. We can cast ourselves even unto the uncertain and unknown if we have faith in those that send us, but most importantly if we have faith in our ability to persevere.

Hope is knowing the futility of your defiance to death, injustice and wrong. Hope allows evil to deceive us and string us along without trying to improve the situation we may be in. Hope lies to you and shows you how defeated you are but keeps you silent in your tomb. MAYBE you will rise, MAYBE someone will save you....MAYBE.....hope for it.

Faith is defying death, injustice, tyranny, evil of all forms without the knowledge of how, and especially without the possibility of victory. It is an act of self determination and in layman terms, BALLS. Faith can make an impossible situation turn in your favor. It is the first step after being down. It is the first step into unknown territory.
It is the constant stride of honor bound men and the melody in good men´s hearts.

Faith. The free mans drive to keep his enemies fetters off of his world. It is an act of defiance. A mortal, humble man with faith in himself will defy any leader, king, or God himself if he believes it must be done. THAT is why we are force fed "hope" by less than noble men.

Hope is a tool of subjugation. Faith is an instrument of liberty.

It is no wonder that "hope" was included in Pandora´s box. The ancient Greeks did not see it as a force of good. It was a masked and hidden evil to be employed by mankind against mankind. To wield the evil power of the Gods against mortal men. Zeus seeing he was being deceived sent us "hope" along with all other evils. Pandora snapped the box closed before it was released. Ever since men of little honor have cracked open the lid of that box to release a little hope into the minds of other mortal men. Their reason is one of conquest without resistance, absolute power without prejudice, and the enslavement of all opposition.

A free man has faith. A slave has hope.

edit on 15-2-2013 by zedVSzardoz because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Faith in a God.

Hope and faith are the same thing.

“A man with a grain of faith in God never loses hope, because he ever believes in the ultimate triumph of Truth” - Mahatma Gandhi

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Hopechest

no they are not.

faith is not knowing, it is the uncertain but the resolve to improve. Hope is knowing the certainty of a dire situation and only having the resolving to have it solved "somehow" by "someone"....

in short faith MAKES miracles happen. Hope waits for them to happen.

As a Catholic I was taught to not wait for God to do. I was taught to have faith.....in what I DO....and God would help me DO.

Hope is thinking that you must simply follow the hollow of truth to be filled with salvation. Faith is the act of filling that void.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   
"I hope it will get better."

"I trust it will get better".

Look at which one feels stronger.

Hope is "maybe" ,

Faith is "trust" - it feels like you KNOW it WILL happen but if not, there's pretty good reason and something even better is to come.

The TRUST (inner knowing) is most important not the WISHING (maybes, hope), and ACTION is just a TOOL for increasing the faith/trust that it WILL happen.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

exactly. Manifest destiny...VS....indifference. The quest for Truth VS the acceptance of illusions.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Hope is the expectancy that something will happen, in hope there is no certainty and no need to understand the causality. Faith is the certainty not only that something does/will happen but in the explanation of why it is so. Not really the same but related...

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Panic2k11

Hope is more realistic because you don't know what the future outcomes will be.

Having faith that something will happen is reckless because its not possible to simply "will" things to be.

I hope I do well on my mid-term next week. That is reasonable.

Having faith I'm going to do well is unrealistic because I simply don't know if I've prepared enough. I hope I did.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Ridiculous! Faith and Hope are not to be compared. They are two different ideas. Faith is believing in something not proven and possibly unprovable. Hope is believing that circumstances can get better(sometimes even when all the evidence seems to disagree). Without hope you have defeat. Without faith you have no motivation. These two concepts are being spoken of here like they are black and white, when really they're both shades of grey. Comparisons are odious anyways! I have hope for the world and faith in humanity.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   

having faith in your ability to do well will serve you better.

Hope is a lost cause accepted. Faith is a lost cause made possible.

One would keep you in your place even though you know it to fail you. The other makes you pick yourself up and seek better ground.

it is far more reckless to do nothing in a bad situation.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   
also faith is bitter bitter sweat, and increasingly harder to muster. Stark and unnerving. Faith is exhausting. The path unpaved.

Hope is addictive and sedative. It makes you dependent and keeps you coming back for more. It is the trenched road to ruin. The easy path of convenience.

A junkie will have hope that "one day" he will have a good life....after this next hit. He never tries so he never addresses the fear of failure.

The rehabilitated drug user faced his demons and had faith in himself so he overcame the scary thought of trying and starting from rock bottom. He faced the fear of possibly failing but he also had through faith, the resolve to pick himself up again should he fall of the path to rehabilitation.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by zedVSzardoz

having faith in your ability to do well will serve you better.

Hope is a lost cause accepted. Faith is a lost cause made possible.

One would keep you in your place even though you know it to fail you. The other makes you pick yourself up and seek better ground.

it is far more reckless to do nothing in a bad situation.

Faith will not serve me better at all. It will not make me smarter or more able to pass my exam. I have prepared all I can so all I can do now is hope. If I tell myself I have faith I will do well then I will feel even worse if I don't pass.

At least with hope I know I have done all I can and I won't be as let down if I fail. Faith is not real, hope is.

Plus I have hope in my name so it automatically wins.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   

that is the thing. If you fail and all you had was hope that you failed you will not feel bad. "Oh well...what can ya do right...."

faith followed by failure stings, and makes you say "F-that....I WILL pass that exam next time."

If you have faith that you can be a good student you will study better and confidently. If all you have is hope, you will cut corners and leave some parts up to "the gods".....or "life", what ever your choice of sedative is.

EDIT:

I did notice your name had "hope" in it....I understand why you say what you do....but I have faith that I can show you the light. You can hope all you want, but i will not agree with you....hopechest soon to be faithchest...

LOL

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by zedVSzardoz

Ahhh but faith is the illusion that if you believe you will succeed.

That is a dangerous way to go through life. A better way to proceed is to do the best you can and hope its enough. Not to blow smoke and live under the impression that if you want it bad enough it will happen.

Peace

edit on 15-2-2013 by Hopechest because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   

no, hope is the illusion that you will succeed "somehow".

Faith is the determination to make it a reality, no matter what.

Later....

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by JakeDMUND

if you have hope for the world, you will end up with that repeating chain to the ball of nothingness that is "what can you do".

Your faith in humanity is a start....it is the "things must change" aspect to us that keeps the conversation going.

Faith is not the same as hope.

another analogy would be love.

A person who loves another may have "hope" that the person they love will notice them, that things will fall into place, that THEY will declare themselves.

A person who has faith in that love will profess his love with "confidence" (faith). He will show his love and prove his heart to the person he loves.

One dreams, the other lives that dream. If all you have is hope, it is all you have. If you have faith there really is no limit to what you can have.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   
They're both pointless because the world doesn't care. Do you think reality cares about your faith? What about other people's "hope?" Well guess what. It doesn't!

You can have all of the faith you want but that doesn't mean that something will happen the way you "faith" it will. Tons of people all over the world have faith in some god or another but when they die none of it is real. Doesn't matter how much they want it to be.

I want to be financially well off and own a vehicle that isn't a giant paperweight BUT it just doesn't work like that. Hell, I'm even busting my @$$ to make it happen. That doesn't mean it will and I could have all the "faith" in the world that things will be great BUT magic isn't real and that will not make things be great. At least with hope, someone can hope for things to improve but then when they knew things wouldn't they usually aren't going to be any more or less disappointed then they otherwise would have because they new all they could really do beyond their very best is "hope for the best." People understand that hope isn't magic while many actually believe that faith is... If you believe in some higher power or whatever and have "faith" that things will improve but they never do then you will be much more let down than with the hope and many will start to question that higher power and wonder what they've done wrong even if they have done absolutely nothing wrong and were just on the receiving end of crappy luck.

Many slaves had all kinds of faith... where did that get them?

Either way it really doesn't matter because faith doesn't do anything for you and neither does hope. Both are just a way of desiring something. That is all. Whether we like it or not it's still the truth and there's nothing anyone can do to change that. There are no gods, or at least none that give a crap about any of us, and reality is hopeless.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   

"A person who loves another may have "hope" that the person they love will notice them, that things will fall into place, that THEY will declare themselves.

A person who has faith in that love will profess his love with "confidence" (faith). He will show his love and prove his heart to the person he loves. "

What?

Are you reading this?

common sense would point one in the direction that no matter how much faith AND hope you have, that certainly doesn't always mean the other person will love you back. At that point, would it be acceptable to stalk the person because you had faith but they didn't care? You could still have faith int hat love and they can still never love you. It happens all the time.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Anundeniabletruth

you are confusing the two.

Hope would keep you oblivious of reality. faith would make you take notice and have the will power to change it.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Anundeniabletruth

faith in your love would make you TRY. Hope in your love would MAKE you wait and see...

What is confidence? = faith.

What is ultimate friend zone? = hope.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   

I am not confusing the two. I understand that they are different and why you think they are.
It doesn't matter. There isn't enough will power int he world to change the fact that someone just simply isn't attracted to you. I don't care how much you want to change it. I mean... sure... I suppose that you could kidnap them and whatnot. BUT that isn't exactly a good thing.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join