It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Appalling quality of live coverage of Asteroid DA14 2012

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by SheopleNation

Right. You just asked questions.

Which not one did you provide an answer. Not that I expect that from you.

And came to a conclusion without attempting to have any answers.

Quite the contrary Watson. I actually considered going door to door to my neighbors who have dogs and asking them about it, but then thought twice about doing that. Instead I plan on installing a motion camera in front of my home for various purposes, including solving todays problem.

Not everything is an attack on Science Phage, you having a bad day today bro? I asked reasonable questions about why they can't get better images of this Asteroid and you come unhinged and take it as an attack on your kind.

Jeez, Lighten up buddy.
~$heopleNation
edit on 16-2-2013 by SheopleNation because: TypO

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Sorry, I misunderstood. I got the impression you were bashing the operators of the Hubble telescope without knowing anything about what it can and can't do. Maybe it was that "something stinks" part. I didn't realize that was completely irrelevant to your point.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

No big deal my friend. Not at all, I have nothing but respect for those involved in that line of work. I do believe that some things are hidden from the general public (not saying the Hubble folks are part of that possible agenda), but that's another discussion.

While on the subject of this Asteroid though, can you explain to me if we have the ability to point the Hubble at an object, or even an object on a planets surface, Say like one of the Mar's Rovers?

Also, and I won't bombard you with loads of questions, but do we have any cameras on any of our satellites, or is it even possible to do that? These are questions I have pondered for some time now. ~$heopleNation

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   

It could be pointed (at the right time) but that doesn't mean you're going to resolve a very small thing on another planet. Galaxies, though far away, are very very large.
suite101.com...

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Yeah, That makes perfect sense too. It's almost as if it's too powerful to view something so small, and so much closer than a Galaxy.

Last one Phage, Do you know if we have cameras on any of our Satellites, or if we even have the ability to do that?

To me, If we could do that we could view an Asteroids fly by such as this last one right? Not saying it would be easy either. I know they have discussed landing on one eventually. Thoughts? ~$heopleNation

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   

There are a number of satellites with cameras but most are aimed at the surface. Looking at objects in space has different requirements though so those probably wouldn't be very useful.

That sucker was coming (and going) really fast. Not easy to track, especially with a satellite that's not designed to do so. Not easy to land on either but at least when you do that you have some time to work on setting it up. You can plan an intercepting orbit so you can be in the same it is at some time in the future.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I appreciate the time that you took to answer my questions.

I never get enough of this stuff bro. I am sure some day we are gonna get smacked by one of these things, but who knows when that day will come?

With that being said, Hopefully we might have the technology to change it's course when and if that time ever does come. Hey, Have a good night buddy. ~$heopleNation

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 10:58 PM
link   
vimeo.com...#

Try that! Amateur astronomer did a hell of a lot better job!

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by FuturePeace
couldnt you just add to the topic already created?

Dur Dur maybe he does not know there is another one? You have tried the search function and realize how worthless it can be right?

Gs

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

Ever tried tracking a rapidly-moving object in a telescope?

Perhaps the guy who made this video did the right thing - he wasn't using a telescope. vimeo.com...
edit on 17-2-2013 by wildespace because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Must agree with the OP on this one.
This was a waste of an opportunity.
How can we not have better footage?

Alex jones talked about objects pixelated
and moving across asteroids surface.
However I cant find any footage from
Radio telescopes.... why?

I expected so much for science.
What a let down.

Cant blame NASA.
Where was amateur video?

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by GermanShep

Originally posted by FuturePeace
couldnt you just add to the topic already created?

Dur Dur maybe he does not know there is another one? You have tried the search function and realize how worthless it can be right?

Gs

Searchb is even worse now... da14 shows up on every page,
Thinking this is because of headlines or such.
But these should be exempted from search imho.
Bring back old search!

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ThreeDeuce

However I cant find any footage from Radio telescopes.... why?

What do you think "footage" from a radio telescope would show you?

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Alex jones talked about objects pixelated

Your not seriously suggesting that there was something on the asteroid are you?

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   

However I cant find any footage from
Radio telescopes.... why?

Because you haven't looked?

www.jpl.nasa.gov...

(Of course this isn't the close encounter, but you are welcome to examine it for whatever it is you think Radar observations will reveal.)

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join