It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Appalling quality of live coverage of Asteroid DA14 2012

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Ok, so I looked up the JPL/ Nasa coverage of the Asteroid that is doing its close approach to the Earth today. I cannot believe that Nasa are not capable of displaying this object in anything better than the frankly pathetic frame rate that they have done. I am watching the coverage as the asteroid passes over Gingin observatory in Australia, and its as if they are following this object with a bloody webcam! Bl...ood...y...jer...ko...vis...ion.

What the hell is that all about? Anyone have any idea why the foremost space science organisation on Earth cannot get better resolution and frame rate on this, most auspicious day?

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   
couldnt you just add to the topic already created?

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   
www.nasa.gov...
Heres a link to the crap fest.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Come on Phage, dont you find it just the littlest bit bloody aggravating that the quality of this coverage is not much much greater?

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   
These are hard financial times for everyone I reckon NASA must not have money in their budget to buy new cameras

ETA: i agree, i`ve seen better quality cell phone videos of "ufos" posted on ATS

edit on 15-2-2013 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

Actually I don't really care.
All that you will see is a tiny speck of light moving across the star field.

edit on 2/15/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Odd that you wouldnt care. I had you down as more of a stickler for accuracy than your comments about this would suggest.

Ah well.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   

I don't get the connection.
Not caring to watch a dot of light....stickler for accuracy...

?

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueBrit
reply to post by Phage

Odd that you wouldnt care. I had you down as more of a stickler for accuracy than your comments about this would suggest.

Ah well.

He may be that when it is required to debunk something in a professional looking manner, but above all else he is a Nasa appologist/sympathizer and upholder of the mainstream perspective and viewpoint.

And he usually does a good job at it.

On Topic: Nasa can of course get better video for internal usage, but the bandwidth and costs assosiated with streaming it to the public is not excusable considering their budget it getting smaller and smaller recently.

edit on 15-2-2013 by NeoVain because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Well its less of a dot on this video, and more of a smear as often as not, because the broadcast quality is crap. Lets say you were the sort of person who wanted to watch a speck of light travel across a star field. Wouldnt you want it to be displayed in a decent format and frame rate?

Lets say this was ANYTHING you gave a crap about? Wouldnt you want the best of the POSSIBLE tech and tracking.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   

link   

Yes. But I'm easy to please.
To me it's pretty amazing that there can be a live feed at all.

But here: Try one of these. Let me know how it works out for you.
www.ibtimes.com...

link   

AH! I HAVE DISCOVERED THE REASON! They have had volunteers watching this thing in Australia (despite the fact that there are perfectly decent ACTUAL observatories out there).

Im going to have to send a rude email to Nasa. Thanks for your time everyone.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueBrit

AH! I HAVE DISCOVERED THE REASON! They have had volunteers watching this thing in Australia (despite the fact that there are perfectly decent ACTUAL observatories out there).

Im going to have to send a rude email to Nasa. Thanks for your time everyone.

Why? You not feeling you getting your tax moneys worth?

Remember, you have to afford bailing out those banks as well as pay for all the wars, and salaries to the corrupt politicians that make more and more unjust laws. That´s where most of your tax money goes.

Edit: Just noticed you may be from britain? Then why would you even consider mailing Nasa, they owe you nothing unless you pay their wages.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   

An object 17,000 mi away moving at 28km/h; what do you want?

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

You not feeling you getting your tax moneys worth?

His taxes don't go to NASA.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by NeoVain

You not feeling you getting your tax moneys worth?

His taxes don't go to NASA.

Yeah i noticed, edited my post.

Pathetic.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Not caring to watch a dot of light....stickler for accuracy...

How can you not get the connection. This is something reported by NASA, ATS believes NASA is the great satan deciever, there fore, this story must be a hoax and the poor video quality is a conspiracy.

One you are obviously in on because you failed to complain about....

Wait, what the hell are we talking about? The fact that you can get live coverage of an event in space, regardless of quality, should be enough to shut you guys up, i mean honestly.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by ownbestenemy

Centred, HD quality professional tracking from the first glimpse to the last shot of this thing. I want to see the entire machinery of the worlds space industry doing its level best to offer us the BEST veiw of this object.Thats what I want, and thats what would be best , if the idea is to inspire everyone who sees this thing to get involved in astronomy. Not half backed back yard BS that doesnt offer an engrossing expirience.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join