It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Horse meat fund? Money given from third world.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   
We have given so much money to other countries over the years that I think at the moment we should start a fund for others to give money to us: people of the UK I cannot talk for the usa as I am not an american. I think is should look like this below.

The people of the united kingdom eat burgers with horse meat in them. Horse meat with dangerous chemicals in them not fit for human consumption. Other food too. They eat it because it is the only burgers they have. I therefore ask the people of Africa that as we have given a lot of money to you over the decades. Please give generously. Send money to number 10 downing street.
edit on 15-2-2013 by werewolf99 because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-2-2013 by werewolf99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   
As long as the guys do not send us any meat or daily products (have you seen what they allow in US meat? and milk?).
Horse is tasty I wish I bought a load of Findus lasagne before they went off the shelves, I would put em on EBay and made money

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   
We have given a lot of money to other countries over the years: the uk and usa. What about the food we want? Surely Africa can spare a bit of good beef.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Africa is probably the most natural resource rich continent on the planet and yet other nations have to support most many nations on that continent? Something is wrong with that picture. And you can't blame anyone else but those nations. It's either incompetance or something else.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by werewolf99

We really have not given that much to Africa in real terms. Nor is there anything wrong helping a little. Keep it in perspective I think they might need it more thank us. There are many that would love the life and even love the horse burgers.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by kimish
Africa is probably the most natural resource rich continent on the planet and yet other nations have to support most many nations on that continent? Something is wrong with that picture. And you can't blame anyone else but those nations. It's either incompetance or something else.

It is something else. Between the international Monterey fund. The World bank and the World Trade Organisation they have Africa pretty buttoned up ATM.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

What about before the Industrial revolution though and ancient Egypt and Carthage aside, where are the contributions? Not to many for the oldest inhabited continent that happens to be a gold mine of natural resources.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer
reply to post by werewolf99

We really have not given that much to Africa in real terms. Nor is there anything wrong helping a little. Keep it in perspective I think they might need it more thank us. There are many that would love the life and even love the horse burgers.

Family first... shouldn't nations take care of their own before donating massive donations? Especially when you're "family" is roughing it and severely needs help. Ie. homeless, special needs, etc

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by kimish

Family first... shouldn't nations take care of their own before donating massive donations? Especially when you're "family" is roughing it and severely needs help. Ie. homeless, special needs, etc

Yeah, we should take care of our own first. That being said, the OP has taken an amazingly dumbass stance. Bitching that some horse meat got into microwave dinners when some people would literally kill for horse meat because they are starving.

I'm no saint but lets not compare starving to death with with eating microwave lasagna.

I firmly believe we should offer help in the following order; family>neighbors>community>city>state>country>rest of the world. Fill in the >'s. Let's not complain we have ample amounts of food that may be somewhat distasteful and ask those that are starving to reimburse us for our previous charity.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Touche`
Well put my fellow ATS'r

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by kimish

We do not give them massive donations..! Why on Gods earth are you beefing at the small amount of aid we give to poor countries. If you really wanted to beef direct it at the bankers that have just robbed the country for trillions...

This thread is about getting aid from the third world. I mean we are not starving here..

In the UK an estimated 60.8 per cent of adults and 31.1 per cent of children are overweight. According to figures from 2009, almost a quarter of adults (22 per cent of men and 24 per cent of women) in England were classified as obese (BMI 30kg/m² or over).

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Maybe in general we aren't starving but do we not have thousands if not millions starving and or homeless in our own country? And the majority of the Countries we give aid to, how do they repay the favor?

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by kimish

Maybe in general we aren't starving but do we not have thousands if not millions starving and or homeless in our own country? And the majority of the Countries we give aid to, how do they repay the favor?

No we do not have millions of starving people in the UK... Maybe I am ignorant but I have not seen this in parts of the UK.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by kimish

Do you really think that the small amount of money we give to poorer countries is bankrupting us... Compare it to the trillions we have given to the banks.. That is what is bankrupting us..... Look at the money we spend on wars overseas. That is what is bankrupting us. Safe your fight for those that need it. Not the needy and starving.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Actually there isn't even a number for the amount that has been spent on Africa through aid over the decades. Giving the money has helped keep things livable which has kept dictators in place. Money has also been creamed off by them so making them richer.

As for there things do not happen in the UK I would like to point out that many people in the UK have to use food banks for food. I would also like to point out that they can only be used once a year. There are also many homeless. I would also point out that the main reason we do not starve like that in the UK is that we would not lie idly and die while a rich dictator lives splendidly. We may put up with many things but we will not stupidly die because we think that it is our place to do so. Better to die quickly by being shot to try and get food, than to die slowly of starvation.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   
In Russia it has been said there have been times when it has been said people were stealing others babies so they could eat the, so they wouldn't starve. I am from the UK: and I ask why did they not receive help? Is it because we expect white people to be able to look after themselves and not need help? This is the same ignorance which brought us the phrase the white mans burden. Meaning it was our burden to have to look after the people of Africa by giving aid.
edit on 18-2-2013 by werewolf99 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join