It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 10 Commandments - Doctrine of Men

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

If you arent capable to discern the metaphysical,
then stop posting.

You confuse everything Dark with Truth.
You dont see that the Dark can Pose as ' good' as well -
hence, your ' commandments by egypt and the assyrians ' .

Ofcourse.
Wouldnt you think that Evil isnt concerned with ' running a society ' ?

just
' running a fleshy society ' has NOTHING to do with
" trying to teach those souls a higher reality ".

because the first set of commandments is ment to Rule biological slaves:

while Gods commandments is ment to ' change them into sons '

but i suppose this is wasted time on you

...im deadly tired of all of you who see but without understanding
and posing just to shock

- answer me ?

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by WarriorOfLight96
If you long for answers don't go bashing another man's faith because of the hate you have for their beliefs but instead understand and ask the questions.

Telling the truth, even if it's painful for some, is telling the truth.
Truth isnt' 'bashing'.
The truth is that the 10 commandments didn't come from the hand of God.
It came from the Egyptian pagans.
And before that it came from the Summerians.
These laws were around for a thousand years before Moses was even born.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   

reply to post by Deetermined

Luke 4:16-21

New International Version (NIV)

16 He went to Nazareth, where he had been brought up, and on the Sabbath day he went into the synagogue, as was his custom. He stood up to read, 17 and the scroll of the prophet Isaiah was handed to him. Unrolling it, he found the place where it is written:

The Sabbath is mentioned in the New Testament fifty-nine times, and always with respect, bearing the same title it had in the Old Testament, "the sabbath day."

If Christ follows the Sabbath than why do we change it?

Do you test God and his laws?

Mark 2:23-27

23 And it came to pass, that he went through the corn fields on the sabbath day; and his disciples began, as they went, to pluck the ears of corn.

24 And the Pharisees said unto him, Behold, why do they on the sabbath day that which is not lawful?

25 And he said unto them, Have ye never read what David did, when he had need, and was an hungred, he, and they that were with him?

26 How he went into the house of God in the days of Abiathar the high priest, and did eat the shewbread, which is not lawful to eat but for the priests, and gave also to them which were with him?

27 And he said unto them, The sabbath was made for man, and not man for the sabbath:

Matthew 12:1-12

12 At that time Jesus went on the sabbath day through the corn; and his disciples were an hungred, and began to pluck the ears of corn and to eat.

2 But when the Pharisees saw it, they said unto him, Behold, thy disciples do that which is not lawful to do upon the sabbath day.

3 But he said unto them, Have ye not read what David did, when he was an hungred, and they that were with him;

4 How he entered into the house of God, and did eat the shewbread, which was not lawful for him to eat, neither for them which were with him, but only for the priests?

5 Or have ye not read in the law, how that on the sabbath days the priests in the temple profane the sabbath, and are blameless?

6 But I say unto you, That in this place is one greater than the temple.

7 But if ye had known what this meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice, ye would not have condemned the guiltless.

8 For the Son of man is Lord even of the sabbath day.

9 And when he was departed thence, he went into their synagogue:

10 And, behold, there was a man which had his hand withered. And they asked him, saying, Is it lawful to heal on the sabbath days? that they might accuse him.

11 And he said unto them, What man shall there be among you, that shall have one sheep, and if it fall into a pit on the sabbath day, will he not lay hold on it, and lift it out?

12 How much then is a man better than a sheep? Wherefore it is lawful to do well on the sabbath days.

John 5:16-17

16 And therefore did the Jews persecute Jesus, and sought to slay him, because he had done these things on the sabbath day.

17 But Jesus answered them, My Father worketh hitherto, and I work.

Romans 14:5-6

5 One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.

6 He that regardeth the day, regardeth it unto the Lord; and he that regardeth not the day, to the Lord he doth not regard it. He that eateth, eateth to the Lord, for he giveth God thanks; and he that eateth not, to the Lord he eateth not, and giveth God thanks.

Colossians 2:16

16 Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Christ is Lord even on a sabbath.

God bless.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lone12
If you arent capable to discern the metaphysical, then stop posting.
You confuse everything ... but i suppose this is wasted time on you
...im deadly tired of all of you who see but without understanding
and posing just to shock

My discernment is just fine. My understanding of the metaphysical is just fine as well.
I confuse nothing. I am posting the historical facts. Learn to accept truth.
The truth is right here .... the laws from the 10 Commandments were around
for 1200 years before Moses supposedly got them written down by God Himself.

2600 BC – Egyptian Book of the Dead is written.
2100 BC – The Code of Ur-Nammu (Summerian)
1770 BC – The Code of Hammurabi
1490 BC – 10 Commandments

Those are the historical facts.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Christ is Lord even on a sabbath.

God bless.

Christ is Lord every day.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Sure .... Moses gave them the laws .. and as I said they were good laws that could keep society in check and were spiritually helpful for people.

Not the first set that he broke in his rage. Have you seen them? Not even close to being identical.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   

It don't hurt me because I ask God for answers and he gives them and that I do not follow earthly traditions but only that has come from God.

Mark 7:7-9
7 They worship me in vain;
their teachings are merely human rules.’[a]
8 you have let go of the commands of God and are holding on to human traditions.”
9 And he continued, “You have a fine way of setting aside the commands of God in order to observe your own traditions!

I didn't come to disprove you or discredit but to add to your debate, its because mans heart is tainted that we fail to see the simple answer that has brought man to its knees through out every civilizations on earth in it's entire existence.

Hate,Greed and War decimate tribes and cities, where your children play and your fathers and mothers take walks on, where your brother and sister can freely roam without fear of being taken. Through ignorance we become stubborn to the fact we have become so brainwashed that we believe it is second nature and has become an excuse that we are animals and it's the nature of things.

We have eye's to see that nature is not like this but it's far from it but is balanced and is well nourished because it takes only what it needs, we have been bred to need,want and yearn for things and has become embedded into every generation by father and son,mother and daughter.

It because of mans destructive behavior we have abandoned God and we have become unbalanced with nature and we cause these things and like everything it comes back around full circle.

edit on 19-2-2013 by WarriorOfLight96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Amen lol

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by WarriorOfLight96

why did it go bold?

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Those are the historical facts.

There's your problem right there, little lady. Don't you know you can't use facts when discussing religion? It's not based on fact, so facts are irrelevant here.
Facts are rarely relevant in religious discussions. Religion is about ritual, fear and control. It's about belief without facts, faith without proof, dogma without questioning.

Sorry, your "historical facts" mean nothing in the scheme that is religion.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 04:26 AM
link   
These aren't doctrines (although in a sense, Christians and Catholics particularly follow doctrines from these same cultures) but rather they are a codification of men's rights and rules for good living. Just because in some respects it may echo the Ur-Nammu or the Hammurabi code doesn't invalidate it.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Witness123
they are a codification of men's rights and rules for good living. Just because in some respects it may echo the Ur-Nammu or the Hammurabi code doesn't invalidate it.

The point is ... the laws of the 10 commandments had been around and in use for 1200 years BEFORE Moses came up with the 10 Commandments.

The other point is ... being that he was highly educated as a prince of Egypt, he would have known about the other laws. When the time came to control the uneducated jewish peasants, he simplified the laws that he had been taught from the Egyptian Book of the Dead and he gave it to the Jews telling them it was from God.

The hand of God didn't come down from Heaven and write the 10 Commandments.
Moses got them from the pagan Egyptian priests in the Egyptian schools.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Witness123

I don't think anyone is trying to invalidate the 10 Commandments. Except for the first four, which have directly to do with religious dogma, they are good rules to live by. It's interesting how the bible lists those four first... But the other ones are fine. There are actually a lot of good stories and lessons in the bible. But it's all written by man, and therefore not "divine" or the word of God, but the word of man.

If I had rules for the people to live by, I would claim them to be from some divine source, too!

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 08:34 AM
link   
It's a good day, as long as we go out with love my friends, much respect from me to you.

God bless.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 01:34 AM
link   

There is no evidence that Moses even existed. As a skeptic, why should you believe in Moses? And if you do, then according to which account of his life do you believe, because the one I am familiar with says he parted the Red Sea. But what you're really saying is you don't find fault with the account except in its miraculous portions, correct?

Now, if Christ, who claims to be the Truth, whose Father asks us to worship or revere Him in Spirit and Truth, cannot advocate for truthful concepts in His law because it may give the appearance of being unoriginal...

That is the train of thought you are asking us to follow which makes no sense. Assuming there was a God for the moment, why would He have the need to borrow moral law from the Egyptians or another roughly proto-historical people?

But clearly we're past the existence side of the equation, now you're just supplying theory to people who are already skeptics. What you need to see though, is that if there is a God, then He hasn't borrowed anything from the Egyptians. Your analysis fails in that point because you assume that Moses (whose existence is substantiated by the Book you are fighting against) in his craft deceived the Israelites by borrowing from the Egyptians moral law he claimed came from God.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Dude .. you are getting wrapped in the weeds.
It's VERY simple ...

Moses was educated in the schools of Egypt. He already knew the Egyptian Book of the Dead as well as the Summerian Laws. They had been around for 1200 years by the time Moses got his outstanding education (for that time) in Egypt. When the time came for him to lead the uneducated peasant Jews, he condensed the laws he already knew and gave them to the Jews saying that they were from God.

It's simple. It's all there.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Dude .. you are getting wrapped in the weeds.
It's VERY simple ...

Moses was educated in the schools of Egypt. He already knew the Egyptian Book of the Dead as well as the Summerian Laws. They had been around for 1200 years by the time Moses got his outstanding education (for that time) in Egypt. When the time came for him to lead the uneducated peasant Jews, he condensed the laws he already knew and gave them to the Jews saying that they were from God.

It's simple. It's all there.

Skeptics not long ago argued that the Torah was written near 1000 BC arguing that it couldn't have been as close to 1400 BC as the Bible claims as that was a period of history prior to writing. Why do you get to provide without evidence that the Book of the Dead was written in 2600 BC? Those were antediluvian times and there is no reason to think the book was written anytime before 2000 BC.

Secondly, you still have not answered why you believe in Moses when the only evidence attesting to his existence is the Bible, which you do not believe. Supposing the commands were a fraud, Moses lied and they did not come from God, then explain how Moses parted the Red Sea and why he would say God did it.

My point is, you are going to say it never happened. But how do you know it didn't when the only source of information on Moses' life is in the Bible, which says he parted the Red Sea. You have an agenda sir, and a very poor argument which surprises me if anyone other than confirmed skeptics believe what you are saying.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Excellent thread Flyer! S&F!

At first, I thought this was going to be a rebuttal to my thread, HERE, but I am delighted that it is actually quite complimentary. Never stop questioning!

The Ten Commandments are mostly outdated and don't apply to western civilization in general. Things like freedom of religion and freedom of speech were unheard of in the days of Moses. Children are more longer bound to follow in the trade of their fathers, but are able to "be anything" they want, as far as career goes.

Women are sovereign individuals, not property, forced into marriage as business deals. Our entire economy is based on capitalism and based on want, more than need.

Here's a fun and entertaining little video that explains the outdated irrelevancy of the 10 Commandments.

edit on 8-3-2013 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by WarriorOfLight96

God is the one drinking the water and the water are the people and ripple is the word and your on the other side of the bank drinking of the water but you don't understand the word that has been said because you add to it, Christ is that word that bridges the gap between you and God and the foundation of that bridge is love.

Well, see, there's a problem there. God doesn't need us.

That puts us at a distinct disadvantage, and half of the Bible is spent drilling that fact into our head. We are unneeded. We are expendable. If we choose to resist his agenda in favor of our own, he has no problem squashing us. But he likes to keep us afraid, because he knows what will happen if we ever decide to destroy him. That means he has nothing. He is alone. Having all the power in the universe doesn't mean crap if you're the only one who appreciates it.

Make sure they don't destroy each other, then bask in their adoration. Couldn't be more American if he was in the White House. I don't trust it, you know. An all-powerful, all-knowing being with the personality of a human being and an egomaniacal disposition. He acts like a bloody politician - and I'm supposed to believe that he won't possess me on a whim and leave me with fake memories of acting on my own? Bah!

Don't act like we're so important, like our own will matters so much. I've seen his kind of personality on Lifetime Movie Network. If he didn't judge me for my flaws and actually admitted to his own, I would have more respect for the guy. Everyone has problems, and I can understand a god having more problems than most. But if a god wants to act all high and mighty and insult the intelligence he gave us by pretending no one can see through his little show, then don't expect my worship, my veneration, or my respect. You want my soul, you gotta show me you deserve it.

Jesus, on the other hand...whether it be as a fictional character or historical figure, he taught some good lessons. I like him more than I like the old man. Anyway, I'm still curious as to the drastic change between the first and second set of commandments. There was a lot of changes made. Kinda funny, that.
edit on 8-3-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join