It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meteor in cuba

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by Jaellma

My take is that it was no big deal (Cuba).

Though the Russian one was a rare event because of it's great size, in general fireballs are not as uncommon as you may think and often don't make anything but local news.
www.amsmeteors.org...

Unless it injured someone, of course!

I agree they are very common. It only took a short while as a layman studying meteor sites to realize they happen daily for my own sake of knowing it. A friend and I saw a fireball drop over Georgian Bay one night a couple of summers ago. We both estimated it had to be as big as a car to make the impression it did; it "landed" out to sea, farther out than any remaining smokeshow. I looked into them after that, to realize it wasn't exactly report-worthy.
edit on 16-2-2013 by Northwarden because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I thought the Cuban one was BS, but I happen to be in Amsterdam at the moment and just saw a quick note about a meteor in Cuba on the local English language TV.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by bknapple32
reply to post by Human_Alien

Don't forget the lightning strike the same day the pope resigned

yeah i mean what are the odds of a lightning strike on any particular day, in the rain, on a giant metal rod (often called a lightning rod), on a building that stands much taller than many of the structures around it.

cant be a co-incidence.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Has the South West of Britain had a brush with a meteor similar to the one that rocked central Russia on Friday?

www.dailymail.co.uk... ml

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Sicksicksick

No. It's just another sunlit contrail being mistaken for a meteor.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by BeReasonable

I wonder how many times it has happened before... You know, a lightning strike (twice in the same day) on the Vatican, the same day the Pope resigns. I'm a full believer in not mistaking coincidence with fate, but come on now.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

oh lol , well movies aside, if a big one really was comming could it have gravity and pull stuff with it?

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join