It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meteor in cuba

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by alienjuggalo
reply to post by UberL33t

The Pope resigns amd now meteors everywhere..

god is not happy Im afraid

Thank you for that! I really needed a good laugh as I've been sick all week. Hahaha
2nd line

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 11:43 PM
link   
I spoke with a relative in Puerto Rico earlier today about the meteor.

She said,"yeah I know, I'm surprised the call came through because no one has cell service and the power is gone throughout the western side of the island". (Shameless cellular and iPhone commercial with held haha)

Noticing what she said, I corrected her and said, "you mean Russia?"

Her reply was, "there was another one?"

Well, besides being in a little village on the far side of the island I found it strange that she had not heard about the Russian incident and had not given it any more thought until coming across this thread pertaining to nearby Cuba.

Now I'm wondering.....

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by thunder57

The story you mention about the 12 million dead bees in florida, is quite old. From 2011 in fact. I try to review and warrant my claims before posting.

www.infowars.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink">www.infowars.com... honeybee-apocalypse-up-to-12-million-bees-dead-and-dying-in-florida-and-no-one-knows-why/
edit on 2/15/2013 by FrankieNinja because: Forgot to include link

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 02:15 AM
link   
California Fireball Video

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 02:24 AM
link   
well there is that big one headed are way, dont they usually have small ones that follow with them? maybe they just got here sooner?

that one in russia is crazy, i watched all the dash cam videos and buiilding cams, i think i would $%^& my pants if i saw that comming my way. it was broad daylight and it lit up the whole area like a spot light., freaky

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by ~widowmaker~

dont they usually have small ones that follow with them?

Only in the movies, mostly.
Gotta get people running around before the big one hits.
edit on 2/16/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by ~widowmaker~
well there is that big one headed are way, dont they usually have small ones that follow with them? maybe they just got here sooner?

that one in russia is crazy, i watched all the dash cam videos and buiilding cams, i think i would $%^& my pants if i saw that comming my way. it was broad daylight and it lit up the whole area like a spot light., freaky

They don't have smaller ones that follow, but oftentimes I believe that the actual "meteor" is a clump of rocks, some bigger, some smaller, but since its burning brightly, once it enters our atmosphere and becomes noticeably visible we just see maybe one or two, or a short string in close formation. And of course they are further broken down by our atmosphere... Maybe some do contain one main rock with some smaller rocks traveling along in close formation. But again it would likely break apart pretty quickly into multiple pieces once it enters our atmosphere.

Did I hear both meteors were traveling in the same general direction? East to west?

I don't really know, but one theory I was playing with is that it was a clump of rocks and as it neared earth, some gravitational effect of the earth or moon or both, caused one or more of the rocks to nudge another one out of the formation, causing some of it to fly near Cuba.

Or maybe it was originally much bigger, and a weapon was used on it, and what we got was the debris or
leftovers

Or maybe two once in a century events happened in one day

You say power went out and stuff in Cuba? Well many were injured in Russia and windows broke, I'm sure power and or cell service was effected somehow...

How often is it that a meteor actually injures multiple people or disables cell service or power or the many other things caused by today's meteors?

Yep, its probably at least a once in a century thing. And it happened twice in what length of time? A few hours? I don't think its too crazy to think they were both a part of the same object. I also don't think its too crazy to believe that someone somewhere knew about this beforehand. How long beforehand, I don't know, but all I'm saying is, its a possibility that one of the larger governments knew about something.

Maybe China knew and sent Russia an email saying to watch out for US weapons tests against communist nations on feb 15

Next thing you know, China will be claiming the same happened to them...only their "meteor" footage will later be shown to actually be a clip from popular American 80s flick Top Gun, starring Tom Cruise. Many will be fooled by the similarity between an actual meteor, and Tom Cruise's "meteoric" rise to fame...so, you can see the confusion there. They almost had me, too.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Well, I haven't seen anything about meteors in most of the places you all are hearing about, but I did see articles on the one in Russia, and the one in California (both from msm sites). We are in a phase of a meteor shower event right now, that is supposed to last until the end of February. So, not unusual to see them at this time, but I have to admit, a little unusual to hear of two such big ones on the same day (haven't heard that there was any boom or damage from the one in California, but it did have a very large, bright light). Maybe just more attention is being put on them than usual because of the one in Russia, though, so maybe we do really get a few big ones on the same day but it just doesn't usually get reported. Who knows. I have read that NASA is pretty insistent that they don't have anything to do with the asteroid.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by skuly
Got this off a spanish site about another meteor so had to use a
translator software to read it.

Residents of a locality in the central region of Cuba have stated that he saw an object that fell from the sky and that exploded with a great roar, that did shake the houses of the place: it learns from testimonies collected by local television. In a service issued this morning by Rodas, municipality of the province of Cienfuegos, the witnesses have described a light very intense which arrived to have important dimensions, comparable to those of a bus, before exploding in heaven.

Residents of a locality in the central region of Cuba have stated that he saw an object that fell from the sky and that exploded with a great roar, that did shake the houses of the place: it learns from testimonies collected by local television. In a service issued this morning by Rodas, municipality of the province of Cienfuegos, the witnesses have described a light very intense which arrived to have important dimensions, comparable to those of a bus, before exploding in heaven.

www.rainews24.rai.it...

Nothing much in the english msm yet i think the russian impact getting
all the attention but it might be DA14 might have a few little friends with him.
edit on 15/2/2013 by skuly because: adding some nice colour

This is actually written in Portuguese I believe

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Kuroodo

na its Italian.

Only sources to this are Italian. I think one journal took someones word for it and everyone copied it without confirming it either.....

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Here's more info from BreakingNews.com so I'd say it's official now.
bigstory.ap.org...

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by skuly

Two Gipsies were talking:
- What is the most expensive thing in the world.
- The Atomic Bomb.
Oh, God, why don't one fall into my yard...

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by skuly

Two Gipsies were talking:
- What is the most expensive thing in the world?
- The Atomic Bomb.
- Oh, God, why doesn't one fall into my yard...

edit on 2/16/2013 by dragnik because: grammar misstake

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Let's see:

Meteors fell on Putin's turf, Castro's turf and Pelosi's, lol, looks like God is after the communists!

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Here in AZ with the clear sky and lack of trees we see big, green chunky meteors quite often...but definitely strange to have all these big ones over major population centers. I know those smarter than me say it has nothing to do with the asteroid's gravity pull, but maybe some smaller pieces were riding the same space wave or something (I know, impossible in a vacuum, just strange).

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   
So apparently, this is being reported as lights all over the world from my local news organization.

www.wkyt.com...

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonex

According to your local news source:

Bright streak of light reported over California

www.wkyt.com...

Where does it say lights all over the world?

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by Anonex

According to your local news source:

Bright streak of light reported over California

www.wkyt.com...

Where does it say lights all over the world?

Fair question, the facebook post this news agency made about it was worded as

"Reports of 'bright lights' that looked like fireballs in the sky came in from all over the world yesterday following the meteorite crash in Russia, including Cuba and California."

That same wording wasn't in the article.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonex

Ok.
Except that the one in Cuba actually occurred on Wednesday.
But fireballs are not at all as rare as some people think.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by skuly

2013 the year of the meteor? It's certainly start to look like it. Thanks for the post!
S & F

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join