Meteor in cuba

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

What don't you agree with?

By the way, there was an explosion and I read in a couple of accounts some residents were scared.

Residents of a locality ‘in the central region of Cuba said they had seen an object that fell from the sky and exploded with a great noise, which shook the houses of the place: it is learned from testimonies collected by local television. In a report released this morning by Rodas, town in the province of Cienfuegos, witnesses described a very bright light that has come to have large size, comparable to that of a bus, before exploding in the sky.”

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

'bout time you jumped on the 'cuban event band wagon' and thanks for stating the obvious with your usuall authority

my point..even tho i said the story may be more credable..is that it is probably unrealted to russia..but i PERSONALY would feel better if it was related to the russian thing..not just some random strikes just happening around the same time thing.

am i heading for a cave?..no..am i changing what i do?... no.. will i go to work tommorrow? ..yes.....life continues..nothing has changed..we all will sit here in front of our keyboards specualting opinions which mean nothing....and im am fully aware that my opinions on this matter mean nothing....just as everybodies else do..

this is all like a sci-fi novel.....untill it happens to us individualy....untill then we ALL sit behind a screen talkin' BS about stuff we may or may not know about....
as for the cuban 'event'...nothing came out untill after the russian 'event'...no destruction or property damage..so no NEWS STORY......

but..is the 'cuban event' real?? or just a hoax? i dont know

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by clearmind

but i PERSONALY would feel better if it was related to the russian thing..not just some random strikes just happening around the same time thing.

I think you just very succinctly stated the reason for a lot of conspiracy theories. People really don't like the idea of random occurrences because is scary. For reasons I don't really understand, some seem to take comfort on assigning blame to...anything. Anything but randomness because that means that no one has any control over some things and that is too much to think about.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Indeed!

The very first known meteor strike before it actually happened was 2008 TC3 which was discovered about 20 hours before it struck! I'm sure that was an anal-coal/anal-diamond converting 20 hours! (I think we've discussed this before?)

Here's a composite of the EUMETSAT data of the strike.

At 6:39 UT (UT = GMT) on the morning of October 6, 2008, Richard Kowalski, at the Catalina Sky Survey, discovered this small near-Earth asteroid using the Mt. Lemmon 1.5 meter aperture telescope near Tucson, Arizona. When the discovery observations were reported to the Minor Planet Center (MPC) in Cambridge Massachusetts, a preliminary orbit computation immediately indicated that the object was headed for an Earth impact within 21 hours. The MPC quickly made the discovery and subsequent "follow-up" observations available to the astronomical community and contacted the NASA/JPL Near-Earth Object Program Office. The MPC also notified NASA Headquarters of the impending impact so that subsequent US government interagency alerts and inter-governmental notifications could begin. By the time this object (now designated as 2008 TC3) entered the Earth's shadow 19 hours after discovery, some 570 astrometric (positional) measurements had been reported from 26 observatories around the world, both professional and amateur.

I think there was a real low res video of a flash, although I can't find it offhand. Being a remote locale, filming the event was not possible, but I think the researchers made it there in time to photograph a smoke trail in the sky.

EDIT Found the video!

The entire documentary is great, but skip to 46:10 to see about 2008 TC3 discovery.

Here's the smoke trial left behind (left pic only, not the right one) taken a few hours later.
edit on 15-2-2013 by Qumulys because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Jaellma

By the way, there was an explosion and I read in a couple of accounts some residents were scared.

Reports of shock waves from fireballs are not unusual. People get scared by a lot of things, especially when they aren't sure what's going on. www.space.com...

I still don't know what you are suspicious about.
edit on 2/15/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   
random or conspiracy..we still do not have any control over either.... but in this situation a number of random strikes around the same time? i mean, gosh..how weird is that?...anyway one cuts it..one for the record books in this day and age and around this ...time of times....

the media will report..'people are scared' 'people are frightened'...the media will make something out of nothing and nothing out of something.....once agian..we have no control..just watching and reading and typing...watching and reading and typing.....we are ALL keyboard generals....

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by clearmind

but in this situation a number of random strikes around the same time? i mean, gosh..how weird is that?

Like I said, sometimes someone gets a royal flush. Weird. How come it never happens to me?

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   
So is it a coincidence also that both Russia and Cuba experience these events that could be weapon related and we've had historical problems with both in the past? And on top of that, the whole North Korea testing aswell. Let me also clarify that I believe the object in Russia was indeed a meteor, just food for though.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Ear-Responsible

So is it a coincidence also that both Russia and Cuba experience these events that could be weapon related and we've had historical problems with both in the past?

Yes.

But why do say in one sentence that both events could be weapon related but then say you think the Russian event was a meteor? I know...food for thought.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

So is it a coincidence also that both Russia and Cuba experience these events that could be weapon related and we've had historical problems with both in the past?

Yes.

But why do say in one sentence that both events could be weapon related but then say you think the Russian event was a meteor? I know...food for thought.

Easy killer, you really should check that ego. If you must know - it's because unlike you, I don't believe I know with 100% certainty everything that happens in this world. I leave wiggle room for most things.. what's it to you? Let me guess, you conceitedly assumed my original comment was directed towards you? Go to sleep, Phage. You are drunk.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

All in all a fairly exciting day just with the meteorites. Throw in the close call from D-A and injuries in Russia..

Rattled cages pretty good.

Easy killer, you really should check that ego. If you must know - it's because unlike you, I don't believe I know with 100% certainty everything that happens in this world. I leave wiggle room for most things.. what's it to you? Let me guess, you conceitedly assumed my original comment was directed towards you? Go to sleep, Phage. You are drunk.

You might want to quit while you only look ignorant Amigo !
edit on 15-2-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by clearmind
reply to post by Phage

will i go to work tommorrow? ..yes

I'm really sorry you have to work weekends

On topic I'm pretty interested in some of these events, got some "watercooler" talk at work today about the asteroid, so tonight I'm the typical late to the party poster on the forum.

I see these as many connected astrological events, but I see everything connected, because it simply is from my perspective. Zoom way out.

Even naturally it is not uncommon to have multiple spectacular meteorite sightings in one night from many locations. I have seen some phenomenal shooting stars and meteorites in the NW of USA in the past years, and not during normal shower sighting times.

I wish I had seen one like that Russian one the traffic cams picked up a few hours back, I would have pulled off the road at least and processed what I saw.

edit on 15-2-2013 by Aliquandro because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
reply to post by Phage

All in all a fairly exciting day just with the meteorites. Throw in the close call from D-A and injuries in Russia..

Rattled cages pretty good.

You might want to quit while you only look ignorant Amigo !
edit on 15-2-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

I look ignorant? Why? Because I don't speak in certainties about the uncertain? Yea, how silly of me.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Thousands of tons of meteorites fall to Earth every year. This one weighed approx. 10 tons. So do the math. Yeah, this is a VERY common thing. The only thing of note was the size here. But guess what? They get a WHOLE LOT bigger.

As far as the advance knowledge, apparently the Russian military knew about this one days out. They said preliminary reports showed it would break up in the atmosphere (which it did) and they didn't feel any desire to cause alarm. (Once again showing that we won't be told about the big one, Phage.
)

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by alienjuggalo
reply to post by UberL33t

The Pope resigns amd now meteors everywhere..

god is not happy Im afraid

No, God is not happy. The system headed by the Vatican (the current world government/banking system) has been found criminal to its core. My friend was made to commit a crime against himself in court today. FORCED to engage in fictional constructs (witchcraft). He has been trying for 10 months to settle a matter with the IRS peacefully, but they and their lackeys (the "law enforcement" and "judicial" systems) have no grasp of what it is that they are doing to themselves by removing remedy and recourse from their procedure. It's one thing to steamroll clueless incompetent ninnies. It's another thing entirely to steamroll someone who knows the law and is responsible.

Dun dun dunnnn! put your head between your legs and kiss your butt goodbye.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

We did get confirmation of meteorites in Russia correct ?
Anyone ?

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Crap. I confused this one with the Russian meteorite. My bad. I guess the point still stands though.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Another fireball over Cali. Must be a debris field.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

Must be a debris field.

A debris field from what? The asteroid?
Are you sure? Do you know the trajectory of the fireball?

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

No. Not much info yet. I am just speculating. There seems to be several reports out about this right now. Someone mentioned another one in Japan??

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join