It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drones?? anyone?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Hello guys! I'd like to post this asking a question about something i just saw out of my bedroom window.

The reason this is titled "Drones anyone?" is because that's the only thing i can say it looked like based on a quick Google search.

It was black, a strange shape, and didn't make a sound. It was pretty low too. I have some pictures and a video that i can upload if anyone wants to see. They are not good however as i rushed to find my phone and i caught it as it was flying off passed my view. But like i said, the pictures/videos are there. Even though it just looks like a small black shape hovering away in to the distance. It made no noise whatsoever.

It was pretty mind boggling because it reminded me of a dream i had many months ago now of something hovering passed outside the exact window i saw this. So i kind of got a strange sensation, sort of like deja-vu

At first thought i wondered if it could be a model plane or one of those hover drones you can buy. But it was pretty high up for that (but like i said, pretty low in terms of planes etc) And it just kept going, over quite a big area. So if it was someone drone, they'd have probably lost control of it. Or lost it completely. I never saw it land. Just kept going out of my view. I then thought, oddly, it could be something google are using for their maps?

Question is, do drones (or something) like this exist? And are they in use over the North of the UK? It's a clear day here, just before 4pm.

Hope you guys can help. If you need the pictures/video let me know. Although i doubt they'll be of much help.

Thanks guys!

edit on 15-2-2013 by MrConspiracy because: (no reason given)

EDIT : Pictures/Video added. Sorry they are so bad, like i said. Embedded, they are quite "long" if you want to right click and copy image url and then paste it, you can see them a bit better.

Video : I have edited the first bit, to negative mode, to try make it easier to see. Again, it's not great, sorry!

View My Video

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Can you upload them
it would help...

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Casualboy100

of course! i'll just get them uploaded now. like i said, they are pretty unclear so sorry in advance!

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Pictures/Videos added to min post. Hope they help (if that's possible
)

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Hmmm...can't really tell what it is.

Hopefully other members can help you

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by MrConspiracy

North of the UK ? can you give a more specific location , drones are going to be a common site in the skies around the UK with different companies flying them in the years to come , the privacy factor is chilling , being watched as you walk around , then again your mobile phone tracks you , the sat nav in the car tracks you , the net tracks you ......like having a 24/7 bloodhound on your case ha ha !

I would happily bring a drone down by whatever means , having an eye in the sky watching my movements is for what reason ? the fact we will all have these damn things hovering over us is outrageous

edit on 15-2-2013 by Droidinvoid because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Droidinvoid

West yorkshire to be more specific! And it's interesting to know they exist. I just wonder if what i saw was one and what it was doing....

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Aren't they using drones to search for that guy? Maybe thats what he saw

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Casualboy100

Aren't they using drones to search for that guy? Maybe thats what he saw

He's in the UK, I think.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   

"that guy" ? haha

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrConspiracy

"that guy" ? haha

A rough filter job on your drone object ;

Also check out Zigmund Adamski , ATS has covered the chap before many times , but it is the only ufo story that the authorities couldn't make a call on , and in your neck of the woods West Yorkshire ..........spooky , that's not to say you saw a ufo , a drone would be more the case me thinks .
sites.google.com...
en.wikipedia.org...
www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   
oohh UK nevermind

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   

He looks a bit like Walt Disney's 'Dumbo' in your filtered pic.

OP, were there any ears flapping?

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

Hahaha. unfortunately, no! nothing "flapping" I'd have loved to have seen a flying elephant though.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by MrConspiracy

Hey MrConspiracy , keep watching the sky from that window , the flight path may be a route used again and what time did you see the object .
Check out what comercial companies in the area may be using drone technologies for whatever purpose , you may find it's the West Yorkshire Police etc , these things if it is a drone are going to be seen in the skies in the future for all kinds of reasons .
People will be posting stuff on youtube in years to come , showing them downing all manner of the smaller type drones , no chance of bringing a drone down like the Americans use , need a mighty peashooter to do that

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   

I will keep an eye out, thanks for the input and the edited picture! i guess we'll never know what it was and why it was floating by...

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   
It's a quad rotor. Something like this:

There are four or five designs for them, and several that are in use.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

That looks like a pretty close match.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

aha! looks like it could be it! thanks

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Droidinvoid

Originally posted by MrConspiracy

"that guy" ? haha

A rough filter job on your drone object ;

Also check out Zigmund Adamski , ATS has covered the chap before many times , but it is the only ufo story that the authorities couldn't make a call on , and in your neck of the woods West Yorkshire ..........spooky , that's not to say you saw a ufo , a drone would be more the case me thinks .
sites.google.com...
en.wikipedia.org...
www.bbc.co.uk...

It was reported that drones and US spy planes were seen at the Harvey Houck House just like this one.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join