It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homeowners fend off bailiffs, aided by POLICE! WOW

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   
We don't have real police here in America. You know, the kind that protect and serve the people?

But if this had happened in the US, the 'cops' would have physically assaulted everyone on that property, thrown them in the patrol car, and help the bailiff kick the door in.

Our police force, and the low self-esteemed, inferiority complex zombies that wear the uniform, are not interested in protecting the people at ALL. Their sole purpose, is to hurt, demoralize, Humiliate, and jail as many people as they can. They are not interested in being decent human beings.

edit on 16-2-2013 by Visitor2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
reply to post by Wifibrains

Wonderful.

Another person in debt looking to shirk his responsibilities.

More in a response to this video in this post in another thread.

Why is financial irresponsibility being applauded?

What's more important in this video, and something you've obviously missed, is that banks can not use illegal tactics and/or the police , to kick you out of your home. That was the foundation of his argument. He would have cooperated with them, if they had done everything properly and legally.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by rockymcgilicutty

In the U.S the police don't want to hear the law read to them.It would have only pi$$ed them off ,the poor guy that was citing it would have been tased, and they would have stepped over him.

Isn't that the god's honest truth!?!

I have seen this happen before, as well (the police in the US become very agitated when you insist that you know the law, or your rights, or that they--the police--may not be on the proper side of such.)

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

Wonderful.

Another person in debt looking to shirk his responsibilities...

...Why is financial irresponsibility being applauded?

My guess is because the banks and huge corporations have taken advantage of those less well-off and sucking them dry like the ticks and leeches they are, for centuries now, and people are starting to wake up to, and grow tired of it. They have used shady business tactics to accrue their wealth. Including practices involving loans for houses, repossession, etc. I don't really have the patience to elaborate on that right now, but I know you're a smart guy, and I'm sure you know exactly the kind of thing I'm talking about.

I agree that irresponsibility, and/or shirking responsibility is nothing glamorous or worthy of applause. On the other hand, standing up for what is right, is worthy of applause. Just because the bankers and corporations have had politicians in their pockets for ages, and thus have the laws written, and the system rigged, in their favor, does not mean they're suddenly "right" because they're following the letter of the law (which in many cases has been tailored to their benefit.)

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by fnpmitchreturns

I don't know the particulars of this eviction. I do evictions once in a while for the banks here in the US. I find that the people who are losing their home are delinquent in their payments and it is the paperwork in question.

I have seen the bad and the good. Here a policeman/sheriff always goes in first when I open the door. Anyone who thinks a locksmith is needed to get in a home is sadly mistaken. The door locks are easily removed even by a novice. The locks are an illusion of security.

I have changed the locks on probably more than a thousand homes here in the US that are in foreclosure. Is it a good thing? No ... is it necessary.. yes

Letting people stay in homes they failed to pay for is the same abuse of the system that the banks are using. I do not condone either!

So you do not condone the banks either, your point is moot.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by MastaShake
reply to post by HelenConway

even worse in NYC. cops put a boot on my car because i was parked in a 15 min parking zone for 17 minutes. for some reason it costs 375$ to get it removed, if you dont pay it in 24 hours your car gets towed and the price goes from 375 to $600+

I once lost a perfectly good vehicle this way. Aside from the ridiculous tow charge, they tacked on a daily "storage fee" for each day you failed to come up with the payment. Because I was unable to move the vehicle before it got towed (it broke down in front of a residential home, and the owner did not object its presence) and this happened at an inopportune time for me, financially, I was unable to pay the tow charge immediately. Because of my financial situation at the time, the "storage fee" was building up faster than I could actually earn the money to pay it.

My father and I were negotiating with the tow company on the price (I was young and just starting out at this point, and he was going through a divorce and financially unable to help himself, so he was helping with the negotiation) for a couple months before we finally settled on a (far too high) sum for which I could have my vehicle returned. (The sum of the return was nearly what I purchased the used vehicle for.) The day we were supposed to get it out, I was informed that my vehicle was "accidentally destroyed." And I simply had to forfeit it.

At another point this same tow company took a vehicle from in front of my home, and when I paid to have it returned, I found that hundreds of dollars worth of my belongings were stolen from it. Including a $300+ dollar leather jacket, and a rather large CD collection.

I guess you can get away with that kind of thing when you have ties to the local government and an exclusive contract to tow for the police.

Yet another of our society's big scams.

Stick it to the little guy any chance you can get, right? Up to and including no-questions-asked, no-accountability blatant thievery. I would say that the system couldn't be more broken and unfair if they tried-- but I'm afraid that's not true, and I don't want to tempt fate.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by iwilliam

Originally posted by MastaShake
reply to post by HelenConway

even worse in NYC. cops put a boot on my car because i was parked in a 15 min parking zone for 17 minutes. for some reason it costs 375$ to get it removed, if you dont pay it in 24 hours your car gets towed and the price goes from 375 to $600+

I once lost a perfectly good vehicle this way. Aside from the ridiculous tow charge, they tacked on a daily "storage fee" for each day you failed to come up with the payment. Because I was unable to move the vehicle before it got towed (it broke down in front of a residential home, and the owner did not object its presence) and this happened at an inopportune time for me, financially, I was unable to pay the tow charge immediately. Because of my financial situation at the time, the "storage fee" was building up faster than I could actually earn the money to pay it.

My father and I were negotiating with the tow company on the price (I was young and just starting out at this point, and he was going through a divorce and financially unable to help himself, so he was helping with the negotiation) for a couple months before we finally settled on a (far too high) sum for which I could have my vehicle returned. (The sum of the return was nearly what I purchased the used vehicle for.) The day we were supposed to get it out, I was informed that my vehicle was "accidentally destroyed." And I simply had to forfeit it.

At another point this same tow company took a vehicle from in front of my home, and when I paid to have it returned, I found that hundreds of dollars worth of my belongings were stolen from it. Including a $300+ dollar leather jacket, and a rather large CD collection.

I guess you can get away with that kind of thing when you have ties to the local government and an exclusive contract to tow for the police.

Yet another of our society's big scams.

Stick it to the little guy any chance you can get, right? Up to and including no-questions-asked, no-accountability blatant thievery. I would say that the system couldn't be more broken and unfair if they tried-- but I'm afraid that's not true, and I don't want to tempt fate.

This happened to good people everyday. More people are reaching their breaking point. All it takes is one idiot Cop to put a boot on the wrong car with the wrong owner, and ........

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by iwilliam

Have you ever watched the Cop Block videos?

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Now that I've finally gotten to the end of that vid, I wanted to add: How insane is it, that those two still tried to trespass after the Sargent warned that guy on his previous attempt to get over the fence "I would advise you to step away," or something to that effect.

IMO they should have been arrested at that point. That was not only pretty ballsy, but in direct defiance of both the homeowner and the police.

Originally posted by rockymcgilicutty
reply to post by iwilliam

Have you ever watched the Cop Block videos?

Yes, quite a few. I've actually been a regular commenter there, at various points.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scholarly
Nice skit. Something real please.

Eta cops would never allowed this to be filmed. Lol at acting. Want to see teal seizures? I have some. Whole street and its only gets on pocket recorder because everyone that has camera goes away for filming. Get real.
edit on 16-2-2013 by Scholarly because: (no reason given)

Eta. Around 20:00 the camera gets in cop circle and can hear them talking about paper. So they let camera get that close? Lol. I've seen YouTube videos with a way bigger budget that people didn't believe. Deny ignorance has turned to embrace it.
edit on 16-2-2013 by Scholarly because: (no reason given)

You, sir. Are a shill. I'm afraid the ignorant one here is you this case is far from isolated people are waking up all around the world and are finally starting to stand up to the banks.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Beautifull, as for the Bank's, As you know they are often involved in fraud and My mother is a victim of the RBS and it subsiduary the Halifax, she was left in trust under a protective court order an extremely large inheritance, Believe me we are poor though and in spite of the fact I was trained as a Laboratory technician I work as a retail security officer - a job I hate but and pay's very poor, My mother is physically disabled but in the 1980's after some family research from a death bed confession by her mother she was told her father's great aunt had left her her entire forune in trust, Lady Elizabeth Tattershall had also had it put under a court order so it could not be stolen and amongst other property's it included the Ring's (Tatershall bloodstock's), Aintree property's including the race course and the land under Cambden market london which was the old Cambden race course, the local (West Lanc's) MP (Conservative) at the time a MR Ken Hind whom was also a barrister told My mother that it was that much money there was no Gentleman above board and that there was somebody in every department that would put a stop to any investigation (in other word's they would cover it up) and that he was sorry but he could not help any more,.

We recently found the RBS had sold property belonging to My mother but that she had never recieved due to the trust being concealed, that property namely the Holly's in whitchurch shropshire, the now deceased Mrs Topham at aintree racecourse broke down in tear's when my mother met her and said who she was and that she believed that she had document's belonging to her and said "It was'nt me it was Bill Davis he gave me a million pounds in cash in 1970 and I gave him your document's".

Obviousely in breech of trust law and the court order.

We have a signed letter from the Queen mother in which she told my mother that she was supposedly dead and a plaque had been dedicated to her in 1960 on the tattershall stand at aintree racecourse, In 1980 my mother a single divorcee who did her best to raise us and is also physically dis abled with only one good arm and one good leg after childhood operration's was illegaly evicted from her council home and made homeless by the skelmersdale new town development corporation, we were later told there were men looking for her and this was merely a convenient way of making out they could not find her so could continue the fraud.

In brief the bank's are fraudsters and so is the governement, we have been banging our head's against a brick wall trying to get justice for over 30 year's and there is none in this United Kingdom,.

Also if the camera and the legal nounce of the Scouse lad (who I feel quite proud of) was not there it is probable the police on that video would have helped the bailiff's in there illegal activity, still that sergent should be chief constable (he is not corrupt enough though).
edit on 16-2-2013 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Visitor2012

Originally posted by fnpmitchreturns

I don't know the particulars of this eviction. I do evictions once in a while for the banks here in the US. I find that the people who are losing their home are delinquent in their payments and it is the paperwork in question.

I have seen the bad and the good. Here a policeman/sheriff always goes in first when I open the door. Anyone who thinks a locksmith is needed to get in a home is sadly mistaken. The door locks are easily removed even by a novice. The locks are an illusion of security.

I have changed the locks on probably more than a thousand homes here in the US that are in foreclosure. Is it a good thing? No ... is it necessary.. yes

Letting people stay in homes they failed to pay for is the same abuse of the system that the banks are using. I do not condone either!

So you do not condone the banks either, your point is moot.

The point is not moot ... I believe both the banks who sold crap and the people who over bought should be held accountable..... The real estate agent tried to over sell my wife and I too but we laughed at him and said NO!
edit on 16-2-2013 by fnpmitchreturns because: sp

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wifibrains
reply to post by fnpmitchreturns

Are you a locksmith or bailiff/court official?

Letting people stay in homes they failed to pay for is the same abuse of the system that the banks are using. I do not condone either

Because, you say you dont condone what the banks do, yet carry out the dirty deeds for them.
are you a real person? I'd have more respect if you just choose a side. To not condone it but to support it cancels out your opinion on the matter. Which is it?

edit on 16-2-2013 by Wifibrains because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-2-2013 by Wifibrains because: (no reason given)

HA HA HA you funny .... if you think the percentage of people who lost their homes to the banks through bank malfeasant is high you would be WRONG .... I know you are wrong. Yes, there is much questionable paper work regarding ownership where the banks have clouded the legal proceeding because they failed to keep good documentation. I do not see many if any cases where the mortgagors claim the bank did not count their payments for months and months ..... to blindly claim that all or even most are unlawful evictions would be a mistake.

I would have more respect for your opinion if you realized the reality pf the situation and not the hyperbole presented on the Internet.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by MystikMushroom

I see your point, but...

People should have been wiser. I'm sorry but if I make 50k a year and I get approved for a 350k house with an ARM -- I'd be stupid to take it. I don't care what the mortgage lender is telling me.

It's not the mortgage industries job to educate you on how to buy a home. They simply are selling a product/service. It is up to the individual buyer to make a sound, logical judgement call as to whether or not they can afford the home.

Both parties are responsible and at fault in this fiasco.

This is how it is supposed to work.

I buy a house I cannot afford.
I go bankrupt and loose the house and are thrown out on the street.
This part came to fruition for many Americans.

I am a banker on my own with no connections to the government and loan out money to someone after verifying they are trustworthy and can pay said loan back.
After all, it is my money on the line and I have to make smart business decisions.
If the person is not able to pay it back, then I am on the hook for it. If enough people do it I go bankrupt.

This is how it really happened.

I am a Banker that served in politics but am now back in the private sector with a cushy job at the top of a Large Investment Bank after writing polices beneficial to these very Big Banks on Wall Street as a payback.

When I was in politics, I along with many others created policies for me and my fellow cronies to really rake in the big bucks. Especially with repealing Glass Steagall, creating policies to expand the housing market, creating financial derivatives and exporting these instruments across the globe to mitigate risk. When the market blew up, I pointed the finger at the little people for my policies, got a bailout and raked in my usual big bonuses. There was no downside to me when I am a banker and a politician.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Observor

Originally posted by Wifibrains
I understand and accept what you say there, but we really do need to look at the bigger picture. The system is not rigid. It's sways and flexes all over the place, up n down, dip, double did, and so on. When these times of economic fluctuations come about the system should account for that. We do not live in a perfect world, and the system is far from perfect and is never really settled, yet the people are expected to bide by these contracts written in promising times, to the T.

It's so unhormonious. It could so easily be orchestrated like a symphony, but instead it's like organised chaos,

I believe it is organised chaos. There really was no chance of any of the subprime borrowers getting to keep their homes. Subprime lending itself wouldn't have led to the banking collapse. The CDOs which recycled the subprime loans making more money available for subprime lending and CDSs all contributed and led to the crisis.

You are very right ... these financial instruments have been leveraged 30 to 1 .... then you have hypothecation and rehypothecation added to the mix ... look them up and understand these are the illusions the banks are cooking their books with .....

hy·poth·e·cate
1 [hahy-poth-i-keyt, hi-] Show IPA

verb (used with object), hy·poth·e·cat·ed, hy·poth·e·cat·ing.
1. to pledge to a creditor as security without delivering over; mortgage.

2. to put in pledge by delivery, as stocks given as security for a loan.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Man! That just gives you chills that there are some cops out there who really are there just to do the right thing. I applaud those male and female police in that bunch. Raises for all.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy06shake
reply to post by fnpmitchreturns

"I do evictions once in a while for the banks here in the US"

How can you wake up in the morning look in the mirror and know that you do what you do???

Have you no shame???

Sorry if those questions seem harsh, i just cannot understand how one could choose such a profession that causes other human beings such mental torture, pain and anguish.

Buddy you are part of the problem not the solution!

Dont be a Sith mate, turn to the light, Jedi up, theres still time, its never to late! LoL
edit on 16-2-2013 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

If you would see some of the homes you might understand ..... but I doubt it. I don't take things personal. Have you no shame? I don't do many but I have done them. You must live in fantasy land where everyone's life is a happy merry-go-round but here in the real world... people lose jobs; relationships change; crap happens in life .... one lock change I did was a man who got married, both him and his new wife had homes. he decided to sell his. Thenhis wife was diagnoed with cancer and his money went to treating his wife. he put his home on the market for more than 2 years and it did not sell... he would not short sale and take a loss ... he risked and lost it all.....

life bites sometimes and stuff happens .... I agree the banks need to be held accountable and pay ....

PS... I sleep well .......

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Well if banks can lose billions in dodgy deals, then get the money from people's pensions, health care and taxes tocover ttheir losses, pay big bonuses and keep on partying. ..why shouldn't someone who's messed up and gotten in trouble with their mortgage keep their house? Theyre gonna have to live somewhere. It's cheaper for society in general for them to stay where they are.

That's the way I see it. Screw the bsnks, the law and especially anyone who's a bailiff. Scum. I detest them.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   
The OP should have included the update info under the video posted...

In relation to the Bird family's struggle. The video was back in May 2012, and due to the major embarrassment we caused the court, they came back for a 2nd eviction some time later, which again we attended. Unfortunately, this time they brought the heavies; High Court Enforcement Officers, who are unabashed fascists. The Police were ordered to stand down, and Sgt Mo, had been ordered not to attend. The bailiffs used excessive violence to secure entry. But however, due to the video evidence, we have the grounds to prosecute and sue them for their tyrannical actions. The Bird family's struggle against the bank continues, as we prepare for the next round of action against the bank. The only time you truly lose your home is when you GIVE UP. Stay tuned...

There is no escape from The Man.

Good vid tho. Not in the 'i believe the freeman stuff' way.. but good as interesting to see civilians quoting legal speak and getting their way... its all very quaint and English and I am proud of that!

edit on 16-2-2013 by manmental because: stuff

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by sayzaar
Baillifs truly are disgusting SCUM. That guy has done NOTHING to them or their families or friends. Neither does he owe THEM a single penny, yet they treat him as if he has. They were arrogant and threatening and i believe that if they could have, they would have beaten him to with an inch of his life, if not worse. And for what ? for MONEY !!
It takes a certain type to be a baillif. They all believe they are 'tough guys' and most have a history of violence for one reason or another.
Not a single one of those assholes is doing what they are doing because they believe they are doing the right thing. Their paypacket is all that's important and they are only to pleased to commit violence on total strangers to get it.
Is there really any difference between a baillif and a hitman/mafia thug ? The only thing that's seems to be different is that the baillif can do what he does LEGALLY. But it's still committing violent acts on people for hard cash.
Being able to hire violent thugs to obtain debts by ANYONE should in itself be a criminal act. If banks, or anyone else for that matter lend to people who cannot pay back then it's tough. Either they should be more careful who they lend to or just get out of the lending business altogether if they can't suffer the bad debtors.Legalising violence is not the answer.

In most cases, the type of person who is attracted to these 'I can abuse my power and get away with it' kind of jobs, such as bailiffs, airport security screeners/body search gropers, are Sociopaths and Psychopaths.

These types of jobs would make normal 'with empathy' people sick to their stomach, and as a result, they're typically not attracted to these jobs.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Jana12

I am a retail security officer and will vouch for what you say as though not all are like that I have met my fair share of "Colleague's", personally I alway's tried to deter crime and have only had to make one arrest in 8 year's, oh and I chased (which we are not supposed to do) a guy who pulled a knife on me - he was a drug abuser who was on license for armed robbery and had stuffed a carier bag with a shelf full of computer game's, but this is about the Banks and Bailiff's and it is a true well known fact that in england the Bailiff's make very good money out of other people's misery and pointedly people who are going through one of the toughest time's in there live's, All private bailiff's should be banned and only Trained and properly accountable police officer's used to fullfill the correct court order's, in the past bailiffs have been know to sieze good's on a site and get away with auctioning them to raise there cost's even when those item's did not belong to the debtor, In britain there is a growing culture of debt collection agency's and they buy unrecovered debt's then add a cost so even after year's people often have such agency's showing up out of the blue, but the problemn of eviction in this country is beyond a joke, the bank's and mortgage lender's are resposable - not the debtors in most case's as the projection's the banks made failed, they even carried on selling these mortgage's when they knew the bottom was about to fall out of the economy knowing the repurcussion's but not caring so long as the top banker's got the bonuses before it did and they are not liable for the cost's and in most cases hide one another's money.

Face it we do not have gonvernment's of the people but of the party's with vested interest's and our right's are only respected when it suit's them, I think max Keiser put's it best Banksters.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join