It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Up To 12 Million Bees Found Dead In Florida And No One Knows Why

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Well the way I see it is, that it doesn't even have to be any frequencies from HAARP or secret military testing etc.. It could be something as simple as certain frequencies being emitted by appliances, possibly even from within the household. I'm not sure. But I would imagine that there will be certain frequencies that will seriously affect insects/animals etc that could easily cause them to die.
reply to post by fluff007

Oh, I agree with that. Any new technology that can disorient an insects normal activities can be the cause. Considering the possibility that cell phones can cause brain tumors you have to wonder what other technologies can cause harm to both humans, animals and insects?

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by UberL33t

I never said its been proven that Einstein said that. However, if he did, then that should give us plenty of food for thought..

If the bees did go extinct, IMHO I dont think that the human race would actually die off in 4 years. We would lose quite a few plants, unless some other insect/bird/bat etc inserted themselves into that biological niche. There would be a decline in food production, but it wouldnt totally disappear.. There are still many crops that can be grown without bees. Butterflies, bats, birds, other insects/animals and also the wind would still pollinate crops.

So we would survive. But what the hell gives us as a species, the right to completely wipe out another species..? Whether big or small... I like the bees. And I dont think its right that we are just killing them off, left, right and centre.

Thanks for the link

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by WeRpeons

Yep exactly..!!!

The poor bees..! We do not have the right to just wipe other creatures off the earth..!

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

Its horrible.. I just dont understand why we as a species think we can just kill off other species.. And we are even doing it to ourselves..! There is something wrong with us..!

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by gidwa

Woops..! It does appear that the article is referring to a case that happened in early October 2011.. Sorry peeps thought this was recent..

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   

If the bees die we game over.....many plants will die off and key species. We could collapse our biosphere..and more to the point we would not have any honey...!

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Seems we've been hearing about bee problems for 4 or 5 year now. What gives?

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Hi Fluff,

Did you take time to look at the links in my last post?

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hopechest

Originally posted by fluff007
reply to post by Casualboy100

If they go extinct... we die. Simple. We need bees, the plants need bees. They are fascinating creatures and their incredible work-rate is responsible for the majority of the world’s pollination.

Many experts have predicted that without bees, the human race would be extinct in four years...

So yes, we need to help them... Get planting peeps..!

Eskimos live just fine without bees.

I'm not understanding why you say we will die if they go extinct.

I really think, that you should spend some of your time, doing some research on why we really need Bees. If you don't find it truly amazing. Well! get in line behind the rest of the sheep, the herder will lead you to greener pastures.

As for the Eskimos living fine without bees. I can't argue with you there, but I will make a point, if I may. With today's modern Eskimos all of their produce and fruit is flown into their towns and villages, or trucked. (Ice road truckers) they need the diet that you and I have. Their ancestors didn't have the need of our modern day diet but today's Eskimos have evolved from just meat eaters. How long do you think that you could live on a diet of Blubber and meat alone. Check some medical sites and get back to me and let me know. Than we'll see how long we can survive without our little fuzzy, buzzing, buddies.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join