It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Up To 12 Million Bees Found Dead In Florida And No One Knows Why

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by sitchin
i did read some where that it was the GM crops rather than pesticides....

One thing to keep in mind, the GM crops have pesticides inserted,
so its like a double whammy!

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   
From all the articles and studies I have watched. It looks to me that pesticides are not the only culprit. But this is a combined effort of many things.

1. Cell phones, radar towers, and any EMF radiation interferes with bees homing, and they become disoriented and lost and cannot fly back to their hive.

2. Aerosol spraying, pesticides, and anything unnatural being sprayed and contaminated causes the bees to die prematurely to parasites, disrupted immune response, and tainted food supply (GM crops such as canola, cotton, corn)

3. Human factor. This is probably one that is not looked at, but should be considered. The more people there are on this world, the less and less of a animal or insect there will be. How many millions of acres that used to be farmland, forest, valleys filled with wild plants is now parking lots, shopping malls, homes, airports, highways etc. The bees are being pushed away from their habitat and they are dying because of us.

4. Noise. Now I have no proof of this, but think about it. Sound waves affect everything. You think with all this machinery, jets, cars, people, guns and anything that makes noise, is going to attract more bees? No animal in this world wants noise, so its going to have a negative effect on them.

So lets start thinking about making some tough choices and changing our lifestyles a bit, or no more pollinators.
edit on 16-2-2013 by Seektruthalways1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I demand a recount !
They go by weight huh.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   
A short bear was seen in the viscinity and is said to have an unnatural affection for honey. He was accompanied by a donkey and a small pig.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13
sad to see the importance of them is not registered yet...

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Hopechest

Having a large population world wide we depend on plants for food, not just fruit and veg but meat products all so come from plants, cows eats plants then we eat cows, with out bees we would have to rely on industry not only providing but producing everything artificially and when there is a profit to be made, short cuts will be taken.
All so when you control the food supply you gain much power.
You could still grow your own products at home but would have pollinate them by hand or go buy some kind of spray from the same companies, whom most likely caused the problem in the first place.
I could not say if GM crops are safe or not, I do not no enough about them as information and misinformation are very similar in appearance, but I can tell you I don't trust big business.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Well I kinda see it as maybe something like the movie the happening, i can't remember what exactly happens but im pretty sure the bees left the city the something came with the wind causing people to kill them selves i dont mean to like scare people or what ever but can this be a possibility?

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by theghoster
Yeah, I live down south and I noticed the bees here have been acting very strange. A few bees have this weird behavior I havn't seen before---they just sort of hover in the air and buzz around, facing one direction for nearly hours. They don't move anywhere--just hover in the same spot. They look mesmerized and perhaps even lost or paralyzed? Is that normal bee behavior? Has anyone else notice that where they live?

Edit: And it is always a single bee by itself doing it, too.

-TheGhoster
edit on 15-2-2013 by theghoster because: (no reason given)

I've been noticing this the past few summers. They will hovering low to the ground or flying aimlessly, then just stop moving. I live near rivers and lakes so the mosquitoes are bad. They spray these pesticides to kill off the mozzies. Also been spraying for gypsy moths.

There's other preventitive measures that can aid in keep the mosquito population down, but it takes effort from the community. Don't leave standing water around.

Can't say as I like being bitten by them and I know they carry diseases like west nile and all, but bees are far more important. The chemicals also contaminate waterways, fish, birds, wildlife. It only kills the adult mozzie. Not the larvae.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Did they really count all those bees? Now they know how many bees it takes to fill the Orange Bowl.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by WeRpeons

You guys are on the money here.

We are bee carers, without going into the wonders of the bees and their produce (propolis, wax, venom/sting, honey types, natural cures and remedies, real nutritious mineral and vitamin rich foods) we have notice HAARP and Arial Geo Engineering have played a larger part towards disruptions on all levels to the bee.

Without the bee almost every God given natural food will be gone, this world will die at our own hand if we don’t stop the HAARP and All Geo Engineering.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I recently read a report about bees dying after pollinating Monsanto (aka Mon-Satan) crops. I wish I had the report. If I find it I'll post it.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Here is some pretty damning evidence:

naturalsociety.com...

also this:

www.disinfo.com...

and a good ATS thread here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   
there must be billions of bees that are not 'registered' or however they count them!

i think the bee myth is akin to chem trails...

and it always reminds me of this joke...

First man
"I got 20,000 bees you know!"

Second man
"Nice! How many hives do you have?"

First man
"I got 10 hives. What about you? How many bees do you have?"

Second man
"Me? I got about a million bees!"

First man
"A millions bees??? Wow! How many hives do you have?"

Second man
"One!"

First man
"One? Only one?"

Second man
"Yeah! **** 'em, they're only bees!"

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by fluff007

Thank you for sharing this story. it is important to note that honeybees "disappear" once they feel sick, this is a strategy they use so they do not effect the others bees. This is a classic colony loyalty behavior. The fact that they were dead within one day, which coincides with the same day they were spraying pesticides and the fact they were all dead in the same apiary means they were not able to run away from the colony to protect the other honeybees, only shows that there was a swift and largely dispersed poison that caused such genocide.

Way to go you PEST Control companies, what exactly are you trying to accomplish here? are you trying to increase your sales? for what? to cause mass starvation? you do realize that these moronic behaviors you're exercising against the environment will come back at you when you go to the grocery store and find nothing to eat. Do you like to keep going to morning meetings to discuss your moronic sales figures? and then have some snacks after every meeting? This only shows that you did not attend college, and for those who did, just made sure to buy their diplomas and sleep with hit chicks through out their 2 years or 4 years in college just to open up a so-called dumbly successful business to screw up the environment and act as if they were hot shots with suits and ties to rent a stupid limo and go around parties say i am CEO...you pathetic losers.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Hi folks,

Came across a couple of interesting links and articles that may be of some interest :

“Pollinators are canaries in the coal mine, and their disappearance is a referendum on the state of our environment -- a reminder of the brilliant and frightening interdependence of our ecosystem.”

fullspectrumbiology.blogspot.fr...

Although this one talks about North America i think it also globalises what is happening in the rest of the world too :

Death of the Bees. Genetically Modified Crops and the Decline of Bee Colonies in North America :

www.globalresearch.ca...

And this : Food Chains Issues: Bee Colony Collapse Disorder man's Interdependence with Nature :

www.ehso.com...

Okay okay, i know some of you might say "but these are fairly old articles, but nothing has changed...

GMO, Pesticides, WiFi, etc etc... the only real cause behind all of this is :

MAN AND GREED

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by manmental

i think the bee myth is akin to chem trails...

Your 'hilarious' joke aside- bee 'myth'? Akin to chemtrails? In what possible way is this genuine, scientifically provable, environmental problem in anyway a 'myth' and akin to chemtrails? Please elaborate- Im fascinated.......

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by WeRpeons

Well the way I see it is, that it doesn't even have to be any frequencies from HAARP or secret military testing etc.. It could be something as simple as certain frequencies being emitted by appliances, possibly even from within the household. I'm not sure. But I would imagine that there will be certain frequencies that will seriously affect insects/animals etc that could easily cause them to die.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by FyreByrd

Thanks for the link

It just seems like it would be very easy to kill off bees, especially using some sort of frequency.. More research to be done in that area methinks..!

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by diqiushiwojia

Since our bees are dying anyway, would planting flowers really ease the problem?

I'm not saying it will. But what does it hurt to plant a few extra pretty flowers..?

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Hopechest

Eskimos live just fine without bees.

I'm not understanding why you say we will die if they go extinct.

Do you see many flowering plants throughout circumpolar region..? It may also be a little too cold for the bees.. And what is the main food source for the eskimos.? Fish. Not plants, because the conditions are too harsh for most kinds of crop. Bees are needed for pollination.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join