It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Up To 12 Million Bees Found Dead In Florida And No One Knows Why

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Bees die and humans dead in 4 years? Seems extreme considering we would still have fish.... And the last I know of, bees don't generally pollinate in the ocean...

Don't get me wrong, I'm a bee advocate, just not an advocate of people saying we would all die within years of the bees dying. Humans are a bit more resourceful than that. Not that it makes it any better.

The loss of bees isn't just going to drastically reduce plant reproduction....the honey we rely so much on for more than just a sandwich and it's healing properties too. Its sad that we take and take and take so much from these little insects, and instead of treating them like an endangered species, we continue to destroy them like pests. When their numbers are so drastically low that they finally enter the endangered species lists, will it be too late to fix the problem? And even now..if we all did absolutely everything possible to fix the problem, how long before the colonies return to normal and their health stable?

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 01:33 AM
link   
artificial pollination opps did i just say that, lol.

Could be many reasons, Is there any official tox reports..?

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to post by CeeRZ

yep, 4 years seems a tad quick, but even with the ability to farm fish, we are omnivores and with a heavy protein diet and a possible limited supply of plant food, imo, we would be in a dire situation. eg years ago when people were hunting baby fur seals, apparently the hunting parties were eating rabbits, rabbits and more rabbits. Even though they were "well fed", they ended up with malnutrition. I am aware of seaweed being available, but not enough for 7 billion people. so I reckon the reduction of bees would definitely cause massive hunger across the globe. ie in a very short time, there would be an incredible drop in available food. too many people, not enough to eat

edit on 16-2-2013 by greatfriendbadfoe because: spelling

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by kloejen
Research Monsanto...

Monsanto Blamed For Bee Population Collapse, So It Buys Bee Research Firm

Ya that sounds about right

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 03:31 AM
link   
Corexit's a bitch

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 04:09 AM
link   
Found this link.

It does seem that authorities do know this mosquito spraying has an effect on bees.

edis.ifas.ufl.edu...

it is from the University of Florida, The Institute of Food and Agricultural Sciences devision.

if i were the bee keepers i would sue the department in charge of mosquito control, especially if there is research and science that proves that this spraying can have an effect.

If they didnt spray they would still be alive, simple as that, they are liable. sue for damages.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 04:15 AM
link   
Why are the bees dying off? Well, geez, frankenfood crops and environmental pollution (including pesticides) surely can't be to blame, can they? < sarcasm >

When are we going to get it through our thick skulls? The more we sully the globe with chemicals and heavy metals in the air, waters & ground, the more problems we're going to have. The more we tweak the crap out of food, the more issues are going to snowball in other species. Do we really think epigenetic changes are a humans-only thing? We may be encroaching on the point of no return with all the filthiness we churn out in all forms (and I do consider frankencrops one of them) Bees may be just a mere warning, give it a decade or two more and we might be seeing some heavy declines in species directly related to our food crops, pollinators, foragers & scavengers alike.
edit on 2/16/2013 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 04:22 AM
link   
After reading the document on the university of florida website, it seems that they highly recommended to spray at dusk.

"Encourage the Mosquito Control District to spray after dark, when bees are not flying. Remember, most Mosquito Control Districts must spray at or just after dusk because that is when mosquitoes fly. However, the later in an evening that the Mosquito Control Districts can spray, the better it is for the bees."

so it seems so simple but just make the national law that no spraying of any pesticides can occur during the day and only at sunset when the bees are not pollinating, this may help to reverse all this bee die off.

apply this to all farms where crop dusting occurs and mosquito control.

If the mosquito control did not follow this recommendation, if they were told about this, and they sprayed during the day anyway, this gives bee keepers more ground to sue.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Hopechest

Hopechest - you have too much HOPE and not enough KNOWLEDGE....

The point is BEEKEEPERS MONITOR their BEE NUMBERS whilst only a few tiny areas are monitored for insect numbers by other agencies (that are often related to TPTB owned)... This means we use the BEE POPULATION DATA to infer other (pollinating) insect numbers...

These pesiticides work against most, non-resistant species (some are becoming resistant due to natural selection - but BEES are mostly ARTIFICIALLY SELECTED and BRED by MAN)... There are bee specific diseases / parasites but it's been proved these could not explain the massive collapse in bee numbers, worldwide (and butterflies (also effected by ploughing and crop-burning) + other pollinators)...

The obvious causes are pesticides and GM crops... I'm not sure about EM pollution destroying a bee's sense of direction or killing them - seems like an excuse for Monsanto to me...

Problem: Less pollinators = less food & more expensive food
Reaction: hunger, anger, illness & death....
Solution: Buy Monsanto's GM crud...

PS, Eskimos mostly eat animals (mainly sea creatures) - I'm pretty certain if modern pesticides were used on the arctic tundra there wouldn't be much effect on pollination as arctic grasses mostly pollinate via strong winds whereas flowering plants are often insect-specific...
edit on 16-2-2013 by PrivateSi because: spelling & grammar

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by thenaturalist

TheNaturalist: I think you may have fallen into a legal 'get-out-clause' for the BEE-KILLERS...

Even if the crops are sprayed at dusk, even if it rains in the night pesticides will remain on flowering plants and bees will be poisoned the next day - yet 'science' says that spraying from dusk onwards is 'OK' so the farmers and pesticide makers cannot be sued by those very important, totally pissed on BEEKEEPERS...

I haven't heard many 'naturalists' excusing crop sprayers before ! Are you sure you're not (un)knowingly a BIG-PHARMA, BIG-AGRA SHILLLLLLLLLL!???
edit on 16-2-2013 by PrivateSi because: spelling & grammar

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by fluff007

Hi all

Saw this article yesterday and it worries me and makes me sad.. We need the bees, we cannot live without them.

The article you linked to doesn't appear to have a date (that I could find), but I found the same info on a couple of other sites, both dated from October of 2011. Were you aware this die-off was that old?

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 06:38 AM
link   
these were intended to be sold to famers ?

shuddder

food costs are going to skyrocket if there is even a small drought

I'm usually the conspiracy skeptic, but this smells very fishy to me

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by theghoster
Yeah, I live down south and I noticed the bees here have been acting very strange. A few bees have this weird behavior I havn't seen before---they just sort of hover in the air and buzz around, facing one direction for nearly hours. They don't move anywhere--just hover in the same spot. They look mesmerized and perhaps even lost or paralyzed? Is that normal bee behavior? Has anyone else notice that where they live?

Edit: And it is always a single bee by itself doing it, too.

-TheGhoster
edit on 15-2-2013 by theghoster because: (no reason given)

Could this be to the Zombee effect, created by Apocephalus borealis?

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   
this is crazy, i hope these said pesticides dont make it to my two hives, ill be livid. the bees are my friends, and they give me free honey.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by mc4denmark

Originally posted by theghoster
Yeah, I live down south and I noticed the bees here have been acting very strange. A few bees have this weird behavior I havn't seen before---they just sort of hover in the air and buzz around, facing one direction for nearly hours. They don't move anywhere--just hover in the same spot. They look mesmerized and perhaps even lost or paralyzed? Is that normal bee behavior? Has anyone else notice that where they live?

Edit: And it is always a single bee by itself doing it, too.

-TheGhoster
edit on 15-2-2013 by theghoster because: (no reason given)

Could this be to the Zombee effect, created by Apocephalus borealis?

That seems likely. Thanks for the research--I couldn't find anything on it myself.

-TheGhoster

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by fluff007

We seldom realize what we are doing to Earth's biodiversity, especially with usage of our 'conveniences' in modern life. The idea of frequencies never ever occurred to me until i saw this following doco, which opened my eyes, in fact changed the way i behave with and use these modern conveniences - especially my smart phone.... highly recommend everyone to watch this. well made and presented, all based on direct experiences and scientific evaluations.... Resonance: Beings of Frequency: www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I have a long stretch of a theory. It stems from the occult. It's a ritual sacrifice after the Alexander McQueen spring 2013 fashion collection. The late McQueen was into satanic ritual.

Vogue: McQueen: Bee's Knees : Your wealthy illuminati overladies are doing it. There is the dark energy connection.

Seriously, pesticide spraying. It killed the good insects. Those are just the bees counted, what about all those other insects in the wild? That is deadly poison, and you could cross the species border and poison your people, if the bees can't take it.

I just don't get these species killers. They were after a mosquito. How come they don't spray for alligators in Florida? That's what the place really needs.

And let me know when they make a pesticide against crackheads.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sandalphon
I just don't get these species killers. They were after a mosquito. How come they don't spray for alligators in Florida? That's what the place really needs.

Truthfully, unless you have an in-ground pool down here (and even then they're not that common in pools) or feed the damn things like a moron, the gators really aren't that bad. If you're going to live in FL, you need to realize that most of this state is gator territory, period. Although, I've lived down here my entire life, I've never personally had an encounter with one, from living in BFE, to the cities, trudging through wild parks, etc. Once, one was making his/her way down the road through my neighborhood in a rural town, and that was as close as I ever came to one in the wild.

Now, as for the invasive creatures like the pythons in the Everglades, it would be nice to rid the state of them in one fell swoop, but that's a pipe dream. I don't think we're ever going to get rid of the pythons. Same with the mosquitoes, we're never going to eradicate them. I dread fogger truck season, that's the nastiest wheeze-inducing sh** they churn out of those. Even with A/Cs off, windows & doors sealed up, it still gets in houses. It's so damn horrible. I can only imagine how the roosting birds and other animals out there must feel. I wonder what the casualty statistics are for maimed/killed animals as collateral damage from fogging?

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by fluff007

Maybe too strong electromagnetic radiation everywhere caused by mobile phone systems and similar? Maybe killer bees? Maybe too much pesticides?

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack
This is just heart breaking.

I just don't know why we can't all get on the same page and realize that we don't live on this planet by ourselves.

Kosmic,

The answer is simple really and most people don't even see it.

We are so busy caught in our chaotic mess we call life that we can't see anything else.

Example: Most people work 5 to 6 days a week in a miserable job, only to plan for a short burst of happiness here or there. The same people are paying bills, taking care of kids, wives, husbands, and so many other things that are tossed in front of us we have lost sight of what really matters. The environment that sustains us all.

We think we are a constructive intelligent society, yet we piss in our own water supply and somehow justify, or even completely ignore that our own piss is toxic to everything around us. We watch everything slowly die and start pointing fingers, yet every morning we get up and support the system that is killing us slowly.

Go figure.

My answer to all of this?

We need to stop everything we are doing and re-invent ourselves, but that would mean deep soul searching and giving up the lifestyle we currently lead.

This is what matters being one with the earth and finding inner happiness.

Or this is what will happen in the near future is we don't wake up.

edit on 16-2-2013 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join