It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bigfoot Is Real, And We Have DNA To Prove It: Researchers

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by ObservingYou

Did you read "The Alien Interview" ? www.thenewearth.org...

The alien also talks about we possessing these bodies and alot of other stuff, i was just wondering if what you believe go hand-in-hand so to speak with what this book says the alien told us? Or if there are differences, if so which?

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by ObservingYou

Originally posted by Tardacus

they serve as spare pysical bodies for US to incarnate into in the event of a nuclear strike (that is detrimental to actual soul essence)

That doesn`t make sense to me, so you are saying that bigfoots didn`t exist before 1945 when we invented the atomic bomb?
or
They did exist before 1945 because someone or something could see into the future and knew we would make an atomic bomb in 1945?
If they can see into the future then why did they say " in the event of.." wouldn`t they already know if a nuclear strike is going to happen in our future?

Nuclear = Splitting the Atom - with dangerous consequences.

Maldek and Mars are but 2 examples within our own solar system of the consequences of messing with such dangerous sciences.

But, on the subject of "seeing the future", prophecies are self fulling if that's the direction our thought patterns continue. Atlantis is a perfect example.

You aren't understanding that he's pointing out a timeline issue with the story. Bigfeet have been around longer than 1945 when we started to make big boom boom radiation bombs that kill soul essence..

b
edit on 16-2-2013 by Bspiracy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by FraternitasSaturni

Originally posted by something wicked

reply to post by Clairaudience

The truth is stranger than fiction. Remember that that.

Remain ignorant if you choose.
edit on 15-2-2013 by ObservingYou because: (no reason given)

That is what as known as a non sequitur, as in responding with garbage. If you have nothing salient to actually add, why add anything?
edit on 15-2-2013 by something wicked because: I may as well spell it right ;-)

Actually "non sequitur" means "of no relevance" or "illogical conclusion that has nothing to do with something said before".

In this case it was relevant and logical considering his previous post - it followed the previous post in the same logic therefore coming to a coherent conclusion of statement".

As much as "crazy" his first post sounded, and even if you dont agree, ignore, ridicule or simply think his dogmas are stupid, it has its "logic" (even if its only HIS logic - doesnt matter for the issue at hand), therefore his second post was NOT "non sequitur" - it followed and was related to the previous post (or statement).

Example taken to the extreme: "Where do bananas come from?" and you answer "My shoes are dirty" - thats "non sequitur" - but it loses its "non sequitur status" IF your shoes are dirty from bananas... lol... yes weird, but altho its not a coherent response, it is still related to the previous subject or statement and still has his, altho skewed, logic. At first seems "non sequitur", but later you'll find out that is not because you explain the logical reason how it is related to my question. Its also contextualized.

Thank you for such an in depth response. Non Sequitur means in Latin 'it does not follow' and therefore I was using it to describe statements from the poster that made a statement that did not follow with the actual reasoning of the post and was merely random statements given to try and add gravitas and/or credibility.

Nice to know some people have a love of such things though, a pleasure to meet you.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 06:08 AM
link   

OMG! I have never said Bigfoot have been around since 1945.

I'm responsible for what I type, not what you understand.

I actually don't know why I bother with ATS, it sports some of the most narrow, MSM filled minds I've ever came across.

Nuclear power existed before we did you know!!!

See how you must spoon fed?

edit on 16-2-2013 by ObservingYou because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Ra and Hatonn tell us that "Bigfoot" is indeed real in their communications with Earth Humans.

Apparently they are a lesser sub species that serve two purposes: One, they contain lesser developed souls from Mars, two, they serve as spare pysical bodies for US to incarnate into in the event of a nuclear strike (that is detrimental to actual soul essence)

I know many people disregard these teachings, but I for one study them, and have not been able to find a single lie within!

ETA: Ra and co also said that they do inhibit the underground with our deeply forrested areas, and our governemnt have also developed thousands of them underground.

Congratulations on crowbaring your mental ideas into some other threads.

edit on 16-2-2013 by moonrunner because:

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by FraternitasSaturni

Originally posted by something wicked

reply to post by Clairaudience

The truth is stranger than fiction. Remember that that.

Remain ignorant if you choose.

That is what as known as a non sequitur, as in responding with garbage. If you have nothing salient to actually add, why add anything?
edit on 15-2-2013 by something wicked because: I may as well spell it right ;-)

Actually "non sequitur" means "of no relevance" or "illogical conclusion that has nothing to do with something said before".

In this case it was relevant and logical considering his previous post - it followed the previous post in the same logic therefore coming to a coherent conclusion of statement".

As much as "crazy" his first post sounded, and even if you dont agree, ignore, ridicule or simply think his dogmas are stupid, it has its "logic" (even if its only HIS logic - doesnt matter for the issue at hand), therefore his second post was NOT "non sequitur" - it followed and was related to the previous post (or statement).

Example taken to the extreme: "Where do bananas come from?" and you answer "My shoes are dirty" - thats "non sequitur" - but it loses its "non sequitur status" IF your shoes are dirty from bananas... lol... yes weird, but altho its not a coherent response, it is still related to the previous subject or statement and still has his, altho skewed, logic. At first seems "non sequitur", but later you'll find out that is not because you explain the logical reason how it is related to my question. Its also contextualized.

Although I see you are not convinced, thank you for defending my logic.

At least you see past the initial veil of ridicule.

I is a she by the way

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJMSN

I am not understanding how the Doctor is able to conclude that this is Bigfoot Hair or Bigfoot DNA when there is nothing to compare the sample to. No known Bigfoot specimens exist to my knowledge therefore no baseline DNA to compare it too. At best the Doctor could conclude the sample to be non human in origin and even this would be a leap. She appears to say it does have human origins so not sure how she has come to her conclusions.

If the police have a crime scene and collect DNA, they are unable to compare to anyone whose DNA they do not have a sample of and the same would apply here, until there is a confirmed Bigfoot specimen, then no DNA sample can be confirmed that of Bigfoot....and no matter if Ra and Co themselves said it is so.

Well let's start off by agreeing, it's not a crime scene. So certain applications wouldn't apply here. In this instance, a reasonable form of deduction is being applied.

So, if it's not Human....not ape, not monkey, not a goat, cow, deer, opossum and so on....yet comparatively resembles Human DNA then...couple that with centuries of testimony referring to a bipedal long haired creature...well then....there ya have it.

Again, this is not a crime scene forensic undertaking (where you have to match) nor is it a court of law (where you have to prove beyond a preponderance of doubt). Changing history to this degree will take bending the rules and perhaps breaking the laws along the way. Wouldn't you agree?

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I dont think this had undergone peer review yet. But if it does, i hope it passes with flying colours, it would be awesome to know there is something like this living in the wild.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   
OF COURSE it is REAL!!!

See we are living in Empire Strikes Back Era and that was just Chewbacca!! He escaped from a burning spaceship wreckage with two men; Luke Skywalker and Han Solo. Legend has it that *Chewie* has outlived the rest of the alien dynasty....

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Wow! Thanks to all who have contributed your time and thoughts on this thread.

I am not too sure about the Ra and Law of One stuff, it may be better suited for it's own thread where folks who are interested in such can explore that angle more. This posting was made mainly to look into Dr. Ketchum and her claims to having sequenced Bigfoot DNA.

I looked more into the Homo Sapiens Cognatus and couldn't find any more on it. It seems that it is just the name that Dr. Ketchum has submitted to ZooBank as a name for the species that she is claiming to have proved.

I did find one guy that submitted what was thought to be bigfoot DNA samples in the form of hair, tissue, and saliva to Dr. Ketchum for the study. He was listed on the paper and has been bombarded with emails about his thoughts on the paper. Here is his statement:

On behalf of myself and The Olympic Project, I'd really like to clarify a few things about the Ketchum paper and the Denovo Journal. Let me make this very clear. Our role in this effort was simply to provide samples for this study. We did indeed supply many samples including hair, tissue and saliva. I have been in support of her effort since the beginning because I was extremely happy that someone stood up and was willing to take this on with hopes of bettering BF research. Our part in this was simple. We gathered samples, submitted them and sat back with high hopes. Beyond that, we have nothing to do with the way the paper came out, and we have nothing to do with how it's structured. We are simply submitters. I have been receiving many phone calls and pm messages with a large variety of questions and inquiries. Folks, I can't answer all these questions. They are not my questions to answer, please refer to Melbas team. My personal submission was the Sierra sample. Genome sequencing was performed on this sample at Texas university. It's my hope that the test results from this analysis can now be looked at by qualified eyes in the scientific community and more can be learned about it. Thank you, Derek Randles. Olympic Project

Please stop emailing Derek Randles
And here is the link to Olympic Project.

Also, Dr. Ketchum has issued the following statement about her involvement with the DeNovo Journal:

One thing I want to make ABUNDANTLY clear. I did not self publish, but acquired the other journal. I have had and still have NOTHING to do with any publishing, editing or peer reviewing for Denovo. That was all completed prior to the acquisition of Denovo. Melba Ketchum

Questions Answered

Is anyone considering buying a copy of the study for themselves?

~OkieDokie

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I have found a site that has basically outlined most of the controversy surrounding Dr. Ketchum. It looks like one of the biggest problems with her study is one of the three main samples has been said to be bear contaminated with human DNA. When she ran the sample through GenBank, it did not return a match because the human which contaminated the sample was not logged in the GenBank, as most of us are not. She therefore claimed that the sample was from an unknown primate. That's about what I gather.

The results from the independent study came back not a Bigfoot, so “OTLS!” seems to be making a case on the factor that if this is true and the rumors which are starting to come in from many of the people and researchers who turned in DNA samples of Bigfoot DNA have received the same news as Smeja. Here is the kicker their claim also states “Ketchum in a conversation with Smeja told them they had something possibly of a unknown hominoid, not a bear or contaminated.” The blog “Over the Line, Smokey!” followed up again on this story and they posted some interesting points: “After being pressed by members of the Bigfoot Forums, one of the those “two bigfoot researchers” (Tyler Huggins) (and affirmed by others “in the know”), has strongly asserted that Ketchum has, on several occasions, to several different persons, made the statement that the Justin Smeja “Sierra Steak” sample was indeed one of the “Big Three” specimens which had sequencing of the nuclear DNA genome. It was one of the three that showed the findings that Ketchum has referred to in her press release as showing “unknown” primate DNA (supposedly indicative of a real bigfoot, which is, in turn, supposedly a hybrid of an unknown primate and a human female, not more than 15,000 years ago).

OTL,S! is not a genetics blog, but we can be reasonably sure that Ketchum would not have confused black bear DNA with primate DNA, so it seems likely that she (or the labs to which she sent the material):
1) isolated black bear DNA and primate DNA( belonging to Justin Smeja) from the “steak” sample.
2) did not, according to Smeja, obtain a routine comparison sample from Justin Smeja (the most likely source of primate contamination of the bear DNA) and therefore did not run standard identity tests, and thus did not discover that the primate DNA in the “steak” belonged to Justin Smeja.
3) obtained sequencing of the primate (Justin Smeja) nuDNA
4) compared this sequenced nuDNA against sequences which have been submitted to GenBank and other collections of DNA
5) did not find a match, in those collections, for some of the primate nuDNA sequences, because Justin Smeja’s nuDNA (which, like all humans, is unique in some ways) has never been submitted to GenBank or other collections of DNA.
6) did not realize that virtually all humans (like Justin Smeja) have nuDNA sequences which are not in the online DNA collections, and thus are “unknown.”
7) and therefore assumed that the primate nuDNA found in the “steak” sample was from an unknown primate, rather than simply being a contamination of the black bear specimen by the DNA of Justin Smeja.

Therefore, in one of her three crucial specimens, Dr. Ketchum has, for one reason or another, mistaken the DNA of a known regular human with that of an ‘uncatalogued primate.” In the other two cases, the nuDNA donor may not be known, but it seems likely that Dr. Ketchum has made the same naive mistake. OTL,S! has read rumors that some of the labs/scientists who have run the testing for Dr. Ketchum are not willing to appear as co-authors on her paper. OTL,S! can see why this might be the case. Her interpretation of the data is, apparently, just wrong.
Dr. Ketchum has acknowledged the findings commissioned by the two “bigfoot researchers” (Huggins and Cutino). It would seem that she must deal with these issues in her paper, immediately, before it can be meaningfully reviewed by a peer-reviewed scientific journal.”

So there is that. I know it is rumors and more rumors, but that seems to be what is going on around this woman. A lot of he said she said. The site also mentions some other shady dealing around her with the lab and some pics.
Melba Ketchum Part 1
Melba Ketchum Part 2

~OkieDokie

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Clairaudience

Thank you for making any sincere Bigfoot researcher look like a dumbass. Unbelievable what people these days believe in.

I know many people disregard these teachings, but I for one study them, and have not been able to find a single lie within!

That is because you lie to yourself.
edit on 15-2-2013 by Clairaudience because: (no reason given)

Unnecessary and rude.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   
This is terrible news for any real BF researcher.
There is no chain of evidence, and the conclusion that BF split off from humans 15,000 years ago really couldn't be more ridiculous.
No wonder Bf research remains in the wacko file.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I'd love to see the DNA sequence difference between human and this "big foot" instead of just claiming stuff. That'd help a lot IMO.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

I would have to disagree. To bend the rules and jump to conclusions is not science. Science is based upon evidence. I believe there are many things in the world we do not know nor understand, and many things outside our bubble world.

However, eyewitness testimony from people is not enough to prove that Bigfoot exist. The world is large but not quite large enough where an 8 foot human like creature roams the woods yet no trace has ever been produced as in scat, hair, a body, not even a tiny piece of evidence so what can agree on is that there are lots of charlatans out there that will attempt to profit from this story by stringing us along.

As for the eyewitness testimony these stories could have been spook stories to keep children in the cave or close to the fire at night. They could have been stories for those in charge to maintain control over these peoples, lots of explanations.

We can also agree to keep up our pursuit of finding something that is indeed tangible evidence that no one has manipulated for profit or an agenda and continue to believe in the Bigfoot legend.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 10:18 PM
link   
wow, tough room.

I listened to the C2C AM show with Noory and Dr. Ketchum. What struck me when she told her story is that she wasn't looking for Bigfoot anything when she processed the initial DNA. The results stunned and confused her. It was her tenacity to get to the bottom of this which sucked her into the greater Bigfoot controversy as well as the avalanche of additional samples. Not the other way around.. She entered this as a bystander and when confronted with the unexplainable, decided to scientifically solve a mystery.

The lady has over 20 years experience, obtained her results from university labs and believed the data. Her problem is no one would publish anything to do with bigfoot research. She was stuck with good data and no place to publish, so she's guilty of taking a shortcut. I for one, think she tried every which way she could to get this into a reputable research publication, but in the end she was stopped cold and had no choice.

Remember, the naysayers haven't read the study... there have been zero peer reviews, no one has asked to run their own tests on the samples. All we have is a bunch of establishment flunkies standing in line to torpedo her research without taking any time to verify. How can I put this delicately, no armchair jockey can either prove or disprove data. It takes involvement with the original material to even begin a conversation.

I believe she knows what she's doing in the lab and is sincere. I'd suggest that it's early yet. Let's give this some time to develop.
edit on 16-2-2013 by averageGuy505 because: spelling

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Homo Sapiens is a species. Homo Sapiens Sapiens is a subspecies evolved from the "old" homo sapiens (this is you and me) theres also Homo Sapiens Idaltu for example... or homo sapiens neanderthalensis (you know... the neanderthal - altho this one can also be classified as a different species from the same genus and be called "Homo neanderthalensis"... anyway) They were "sapiens" also.
reply to post by FraternitasSaturni

K, I'm really bad with names.

Ho, Home, Homey Sub Spacitus, Homey Spacyus Homer, Home Homo Sub Spacias Meanderidutu, Homo Sexual Philanthropist Doyutoo !

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 06:45 AM
link   

I find it pretty hilarious reading your posts. People like you just amaze me. You actually believe you know the truth about this large and mysterious universe we inhabit. You are willing to act like a fool and claim other people are ignorant, for the sake of what some scam artists say an invisible spirit told them ?
en.wikipedia.org...

I may not know the truth, But I am damn well sure you dont either.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Ra and Hatonn tell us that "Bigfoot" is indeed real in their communications with Earth Humans.

Apparently they are a lesser sub species that serve two purposes: One, they contain lesser developed souls from Mars, two, they serve as spare pysical bodies for US to incarnate into in the event of a nuclear strike (that is detrimental to actual soul essence)

ETA: Ra and co also said that they do inhibit the underground with our deeply forrested areas, and our governemnt have also developed thousands of them underground.

That is the most ridiculous thing I've read in my entire life.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 07:19 AM
link   

helping to prove that the legendary creature exists in North America, and is a human relative that arose 13,000 years ago. The scientists hypothesize that the Bigfoot creature is a hybrid cross of modern Homo sapiens, with a novel primate species, giving it the species name Homo sapiens cognatus.
reply to post by OkieDokie

www.denovojournal.com...#!special-issue/crrc

Created by the biblical Watchers IE: Lucifer and his clan. These creatures are the Nephilm with added Gene tampering like they propose today and her study just confirmed this fact. In the bible it clearly states these Watchers mated with Human women and created these ungodly things to be their slaves with no human compassion towards love, something God himself can only make.

These Bigfoot creatures exist. I have had a run in with one in a swamp in Florida while hunting. I have never been scared in the woods in my life but that day I was, and I had the gun. Just imaging what a Super over grown Kodiak Grizzly Bear on steroids walking at a fast pace towards you on two feet would sound like.

It not only had me scared, everything in the woods was getting out of its way in a hurry. If the economy ever gets better I have made the decision to get a group together of very loyal friends who I trust with my life, I know who can shoot very good like myself and hunt down this creature and put everyone's question to rest.

edit on 17-2-2013 by Patriotsrevenge because: spelling cause its way to early lol

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join