It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bin Laden tape "Misleading"

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Bin Laden is thumbing his nose at Bush and the rest of the administration, no doubt about it. He knows he's in deep sh, but he must feel pretty good to have made it this long. With the prospect of Bush not getting re-elected he may outlive this administration, which would really put him one up on GW. I think GW's having quite a fit about now, either that or this was part of the plan all along.

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid
Atta, it must be remembered, was an agent of the CIA/ISI. He trained at sensitive US military bases. His father also came out and said in the press that he had spoken to his son AFTER 9-11.
[edit on 19-09-2003 by EastCoastKid]

Well ECK - Guess someone forgot to tell Bin Ladin then. His praise of Atta's ability to carry out the attacks on the US kinda says it all.

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 02:04 PM
link   
In intel, the right hand rarely if ever knows what the left hand does, until perhaps, after the fact.

It's the motivation behind the release that still bothers me, b/c I'm not seeing that it will help Dubya at all. Back to the CIA...

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 03:02 PM
link   
On the contrary Bush has already jumped in the polls. The tape is definitely fabricated and those SOB'S in the white house deserve to fry for bringing recruits into Islam through this video. They are traitors to this country and to the American people.

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Wake Up People!!!

When are you people going to get this through your thick heads. This has nothing to do with Bush or Kerry. If you really read what he was saying is that he is peeved for us putting our noses in other peoples lands. We have destructed thier freedoms and ways of life by implementing our way of life on them. They did not ask for this and it seems they dont want this. Basically he was saying to the American public, keep disrupting our lives and we will keep disrupting yours, Kill innocent children and women and we will do the same. An eye for an eye as he see's it. "THIS HAS NO POLITICAL INTENT AT ALL" he even stated that by saying it all started with Lebannon years ago.... way before Bush was elected into office.. So get a grip!!!

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Justmytype
When are you people going to get this through your thick heads. This has nothing to do with Bush or Kerry.

Hey ahh just my type the video is fake...lol

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 03:27 PM
link   
There is a good point here. Remember some of the earlier OBL tapes? Seems every other line was something about Alah. Now this comes out and was there even a single mention of Alah? Or however you spell the name? If you compare the content of the two tapes there is no way you could ever think they were produced by the same person. The delivery of the message is completely different.

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Vincere7

Umm instead of saying it is a fake. Prove it is not Authentic?
Make me a disbeliever, before you go ahead and state that something is false why not put some reality behind what your saying and prove how this tape is false. Facts, reasons, dates... etc..

I'm waiting or are you just another ignorant person that goes with the flow rather than scientifically proving something is false.

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 03:41 PM
link   
What happened to the post I had on this thread wherein I actually found myself agreeing with dgtempe on something????

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Now, Matt Drudge 's site(i know) is saying that Walter Cronkite says Karl Rove is behind the Bin Laden tape.

I feel a big problem starting soon.

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 03:48 PM
link   
there's a first

Originally posted by everlastingnoitall
What happened to the post I had on this thread wherein I actually found myself agreeing with dgtempe on something????
There's a first for everything.

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Justmytype
Umm instead of saying it is a fake. Prove it is not Authentic?

It's already been done. Pay attention to the world around you.

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I still believe that the videos is a phony, and is definitly misleading, and also either candidate can take advange of it.

I will be watching the news very carefuly to see how far the administration is going to raise our "security" for the elections.

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid
Atta, it must be remembered, was an agent of the CIA/ISI. He trained at sensitive US military bases. His father also came out and said in the press that he had spoken to his son AFTER 9-11.

that's interesting....do you have any links to his CIA training?

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 03:55 PM
link   
ECK... no offense... but do you have any sources to back up those comments. The reason I ask is because I have never heard about this and it seems a bit extreme. This is more to satisfy my own curiosity.

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indy
There is a good point here. Remember some of the earlier OBL tapes? Seems every other line was something about Alah. Now this comes out and was there even a single mention of Alah? Or however you spell the name? If you compare the content of the two tapes there is no way you could ever think they were produced by the same person. The delivery of the message is completely different.

I had these same questions yesterday so I went searching. I posted this on another thread but it is pertinent to your question so I'll post it here as well. The quote is from Peter Bergen's website - he is an expert on terrorism and critical of the US's intelligence gathering capabilities:

A key visual message of the tape was how it presented bin Laden as an elder statesman, rather than as the leader of a paramilitary organization. That message was communicated by the fact that for the first time in one of his videotaped statements there was no weapon by bin Laden's side. That non-belligerent visual message mirrored what bin Laden said when he made a direct appeal to the American people saying that al Qaeda would suspend its attacks if there was a change in US foreign policy in the Muslim world. This appeal mirrored a similar kind of offer that bin Laden made following the terrorist attacks in Madrid in March when he offered a "truce" to European members of the coalition in Iraq if they followed Spain's lead and withdrew from Iraq. This past year bin Laden has increasingly tried to present himself as a strategically-minded political leader although he stepped on that message somewhat in Friday's tape by directly admitting for the first time his leadership role in the 9/11 attacks.

Let me know what you think.

B-

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Thanks for the quote. That latest tape along with a comment made by that new guy in Iraq has me puzzled. As it mentions there is the missing gun which is an OBL signature in his videos. There is the difference in the nose. I doubt OBL would waste the time to get a nose job. There is a message completely inconsistant with anything that he has released in the past. And there is this new terror godfather in Iraq claiming to now be the #1 man. What does this tell me? OBL is dead or captured.

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 04:24 PM
link   
The tape was made at some point, over the last few months to screw with people's heads.

From the content of this thread, I can see it was successful.

OBL wanted americans to play a guessing game..And some of us are...

[edit on 30-10-2004 by spacedoubt]

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Yeah thats the biggest problem i had with the video as well the nose, eyes, and cheeks - absolutely different. Also the dialogue was completely different from past speech. Some pakistani disciple probably filmed this in his office either way the message is clear to the muslims - fight the American infidel if they do not leave all muslim nations and many will take up the message.

It's jihad espionage and it doesn't matter what we believe about it but what the muslims believe.

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Howdy folks...

The "nose job", is probably nothing more that a broken nose...

Wasn't he supposedly injured in a bombing raid ?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join