It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bin Laden tape "Misleading"

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 10:50 AM
link   
New Bin Laden video

I dont mean to be totally untrusting of this government, but are we supposed to continue to believe this?

Is this new video totally twisted, redone to suit this governments purpose?

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Is this new video totally twisted, redone to suit this governments purpose?

I don't see how. It's definitely being twisted after the fact to serve purposes (wolves, etc), but this government (meaning the incumbent up for re-election), is not exacty served by this 11th hour reminder of him reading My Pet Goat three years after the fact from a tan, healthy OBL ready for combat.

The only most way out tin foil hat theory I could think of for complicity would be if the CIA did this with OBL in order to bring down Bush (like they've been trying with leaks all week).

That's out there, but anything's possible.

EDIT: Oh I thought your link was just to the video, not an article. Sorry. Sure Drudge will twist it pro-Bush. That's a given.

[edit on 30-10-2004 by RANT]

LL1

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I don't believe so, same is on al Jazeera.
Besides, I do not think the "government" got OBL to do the video.

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 11:04 AM
link   
You what is intrusting? Osama Bin Ladan was the man behind all the trouble in Middle East and he basically made the scenario for attacking Iraq. Now just before election, he pops up again and says it was him who attacked US and he will do this again. I mean you people can be pro Bush all you want but obviously you should see some sort of connection dont you?

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 11:05 AM
link   
But.....I think the only purpose of this video is to let us know that Osama is still out there, that wegonna git him, and the boogie man is still roaming the earth and Bush and only Bush can be depended on to bring him to justice.
Dont you think the purpose of the tape is so WE CAN BE REMINDED of this?

I understand things he said dont benefit Bush, but the benefit comes from the public seeing his face- no body cares about content.

Just my take on the situation

LL1

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 11:16 AM
link   
OBL is stating the administration was not on the JOB, but
was reading the "Pet Goat" story.

OBL stated:
"Describing Bush's actions at the school on September 11, he said: "It never occurred to us that the commander in chief of the American forces would leave 50,000 citizens in the two towers to face those horrors alone at a time when they most needed him."

I believe OBL is indicting our "security" is in jeopardy.

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 11:17 AM
link   
It's definitely a mystery. The timing seems Bushian.

First we have to ask, who does it benefit? Does it benefit Bush? It may scare the hell out of those folks who cringe at shadows and what-ifs and hate all people brown. It may re-enforce their idea that we must keep Bush in office!

Some might even try to suggest that it's a political advertisement for Kerry.

That could backfire, though. Kerry could run with it, accusing Bush of first, being nonchalant w/regard to the turbaned, bearded one and second, by not getting him when he could.

As RANT pointed out, it could be the work of some rogue CIA faction. One thing I've noted is the film is excellent quality. I speculated that perhaps it came out of the bowels of Langley.
BushCo. has gone out of their way to piss off and abuse the beleaguered agency. That's not a smart thing to do. But then again, this administration has shown an uncanny ability to avoid any and all intelligent decision-making.

If anything, I think it hurts Bush; especially in light of the missing Iraqi explosives. It makes him look incompetent.

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe

Dont you think the purpose of the tape is so WE CAN BE REMINDED of this?

I understand things he said dont benefit Bush, but the benefit comes from the public seeing his face- no body cares about content.

That's an excellent point. You may be right.

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 11:23 AM
link   
It looks to me like it is a campaign to get Bush out of office. You notice that Kerry immediately turned it against Bush, stating that if he hadn't have left it up to Afghan warlords to catch Bin Laden, that we wouldn't be hearing this.

Does Bin Laden want Bush in office? There's the question to ask ourselves. Who does he prefer? Maybe that would shed some light on the purpose of the video at this 11th hour...

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Kerry spoke in terms that could only have been expected. You don't think Kerry had something to do with this do you?
I highly doubt that, myself. I think it's far more probable that someone at the CIA is trying to make Bush look bad.

On the other hand, BushCo. might just be behind it. They think they can just scare the hell outta people whenever they want. And they're scared to death they're gonna lose this election, despite their confidant veneer.

LL1

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 11:38 AM
link   
The new tape is making the administration look bad, as if they
did nothing, and were not on the job. I don't believe they would
undermind themselves.
As a matter a fact, in the tape OBL puts down both parties.

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 11:45 AM
link   
This could serve as a reason for Ashcroft to raise the threat level, and place National Guard troops (if any are still in America) at the polling places.

Voter intimidation?

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I don't think this was put out to help Bush. Having said that, however, the tape from "Azzam the American" was definitely a threat of what would happen if Bush got re-elected.

One thing we need to ask ourselves is what (if any) effect this will have on the election. My honest opinion is that people will want to vote for Kerry in the misguided hope that it will "save" us. I, on the other hand, am so peeved that it may actually cause me to vote for Bush because I have a real problem with people telling me to do such-and-such or else.

I was planning on voting for Badnarik, but now I am angry that Al-Q is trying to pull this here like they did in Spain. I am not surprised, but it still makes me mad.

I hope that most people will not change who they are voting for, no matter what happens. It will be hard, but I believe we need to stick to our guns and vote for whomever we had planned on voting for, and not let the terrorists manipulate us into doing what they want.

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 11:51 AM
link   
So the latest "Al Jazeera Fresh Vid" of Osama's is actually a Republican "October Surprise" that will ensure reelection? Al Qaeda complicity in George's "four more years"? Damn, why didn't I think of that?

*Storms off to the "Evil Lair" think tank to kick some butt.*

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Points are well taken. I do think that seeing that face on tv is a reminder to the right winged fanatics we're still vulnerable and look whos still out there.
Do the right wingers listen to reason? do they, after all that has transpired see that this government has lied over and over again, HAVE THEY PAYED ATTENTION TO ANY OF THE LIES? So, my point is, that these people generally dont listen. Point: Why would they LISTEN to the tapes content?????
What they saw was Osama, right there, in front of their tv's and then Bush saying that "we will not be intimidated by these people" "we'll hunt them and kill them"-

I realize im way over on the left, about to fall off. Ive already had to flee one country because of a dictatorship- so, because of this traumatic experience in my youth , and because I love my new country so much, i wonder many things going on and hope and pray whoever's elected turns this around and makes this the America we love.

I cant help but say this. People here are blind.
I dont think they have any earth smarts.

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Here's an article pondering Osama's re-emergence.

October surprise!
Osama bin Laden makes an unexpected appearance on videotape, giving the jitters to two already high-anxiety campaigns.

- - - - - - - - - - - -
By Tim Grieve

Oct. 29, 2004 | WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. -- The October surprise has come, and it's not from Karl Rove. As John Kerry was speaking at a rally in West Palm Beach, Fla., on Friday, a seemingly healthy and relaxed Osama bin Laden, who hadn't been seen on tape since late last year, emerged in a new videotape first aired on al-Jazeera. "I want to explain to you why 9/11 took place," bin Laden said in Arabic in a message to the American people. He issued a threat that if U.S. policies don't change, "the American people can expect to see more."

"Your security is not in the hands of Kerry or Bush or al-Qaida," bin Laden said. "Your security is in your hands." In the 18-minute videotape, bin Laden appeared before a brown background and wears a golden cloak. He accused George W. Bush of misleading the American people, and even taunted him "Fahrenheit 9/11"-style for acting slowly on the morning of Sept. 11, 2001. "It never occurred to us that the commander in chief of the American forces would leave 50,000 citizens in the two towers to face those horrors alone at a time when they most needed him because he thought listening to a child discussing her goat and its ramming was more important than the planes and their ramming of the skyscrapers," he said, mangling what transpired in the Florida classroom that day, according to the Reuters translation.

With bin Laden's surprising reappearance just four days before the election, a presidential race that had already been maddeningly close became even tougher to call. The bin Laden tape could be just the added factor that tips this election -- but heading into the final weekend of campaigning, it was tough to see yet just how.
www.salon.com...

By the way, dgtempe, what country are you from?

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 01:19 PM
link   
No talk of the Patriot act, no admission over 9/11....fake, fake, fake.

Here is the broadcast from Al_Jazeera on 10.29, with a live translator. Drudge report "transcript" has many errors......e.g. there was NO mention of Patriot Act whatsoever...a misquote.....many misquotes.....listening now. DRUDGE TRANSCRIPT IS NOT RELIABLE...COMPLETELY DISTORTED. Listen here and compare:

mprofaca.cro.net...

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by sminkeypinkey
No talk of the Patriot act, no admission over 9/11....fake, fake, fake.

Here is the broadcast from Al_Jazeera on 10.29, with a live translator. Drudge report "transcript" has many errors......e.g. there was NO mention of Patriot Act whatsoever...a misquote.....many misquotes.....listening now. DRUDGE TRANSCRIPT IS NOT RELIABLE...COMPLETELY DISTORTED. Listen here and compare:

mprofaca.cro.net...

Excellent point, SminkPink.

They ALWAYS say he takes the blame for it. I don't recall ever hearing that. It doesn't matter, though. Why should I believe anything THEY say he SAID? They've lied about so much is beyond ridiculous.

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by LL1
I don't believe so, same is on al Jazeera.
Besides, I do not think the "government" got OBL to do the video.

Below are the transcripts on the al jazeera site and the CNN site. They both discuss the patriot act, the attacks of 9/11.
Here are the links:

CNN - transcript of bin ladin

al jazeera - bin ladin transcript

from cnn:

And he moved the tyranny and suppression of freedom to his own country, and they called it the Patriot Act..

from al jazeera:

So he took dictatorship and suppression of freedoms to his son and they named it the Patriot Act...

from cnn:

We agreed with the leader of the group, Mohammed Atta, to perform all attacks...

from al jazeera:

And for the record, we had agreed with the Commander-General Muhammad Ataa, Allah have mercy on him, that all the operations should be carried out...

While there are slight differences due to translation - the substance is identical.

B-

[edit on 10/30/04 by Bleys]

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Atta, it must be remembered, was an agent of the CIA/ISI. He trained at sensitive US military bases. His father also came out and said in the press that he had spoken to his son AFTER 9-11.

[edit on 19-09-2003 by EastCoastKid]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join