It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senate GOP stalls Hagel nomination by waging filibuster

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Because some people feel the need to support anyone just because they are Obama's choice,

I read an article that insinuated the Hagel selection was just for spite.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Nope the entire premise of the thread is the GOP is suppose to lay down,roll over, and play dead for whatever the current administration and their opposites want.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

I'm totally with ya there and no fan of Obama or Hagel. My comment was more directed toward the Filibuster reform that didn't go through. The way the GOP is conducting itself is just... well like I said, broken and it will be funny in an ironic way to see their own practices blow up in their faces some day.

ETA I do like Hagels non conformity on Israel though.
edit on 15-2-2013 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

I seriously believe that! Spite drives Obama throughout his day each and every day....and the Hagel debate is proof. Hey you know I also heard that Hagel converted to Islam while doing a stint in Saudi Arabia. Oh, wait that was Brennan

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by BritofTexas

Sorry, I mistakenly assumed this was common knowledge.

Hagel received foreign contributions from the "Friends of Hamas" group. During his confirmation hearing when he was being questioned about it Democrats stopped the session.

No...None of that is actually true...He didn't recieve contributions from them...they don't exist...and Dems didn't stop anything in the hearing.

Seriously...it's crazy that folks make up bald-faced BS on a forum whose motto is to "Deny Ignorance"

On February 7, Breitbart News's Editor-at-Large Ben Shapiro published an explosive-looking story under the headline "Secret Hagel Donor? White House Ducks Question on 'Friends of Hamas.'" Quoting "Senate sources," Shapiro claimed that crucial documents on Hagel's "foreign funding" might be kept from the Senate Armed Services Committe because "one of the names listed is a group purportedly called "Friends of Hamas."

Here's the problem: There's no proof that "Friends of Hamas" actually exists. At best, it's an organization so secret that nobody in government has thought to mention its existence. At worst, it's as fake as Manti Te'o's girlfriend. The Treasury Department, which designates sponsors of terror, has done so to many charities tied to Hamas. "Friends of Hamas" is not among them. The State Department doesn't designate it, either. And a bit less holistically, a Lexis search for the group reveals absolutely nothing.

www.slate.com...

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
reply to post by Stormdancer777

I seriously believe that! Spite drives Obama throughout his day each and every day....and the Hagel debate is proof. Hey you know I also heard that Hagel converted to Islam while doing a stint in Saudi Arabia. Oh, wait that was Brennan

To Cement Legacy, Obama Must Destroy the GOP
I am starting to believe the same thing, I never noticed it before it was mentioned, but what better way to destroy the GOP then creating all these traps.
www.realclearpolitics.com...

Of course they are doing a pretty good job of that themselves,
edit on 032828p://bFriday2013 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by jibeho

Nope the entire premise of the thread is the GOP is suppose to lay down,roll over, and play dead for whatever the current administration and their opposites want.

The GOPs inability to compromise or entertain an adult discussion about anything is so extreme that it infects thier own ranks. "Punt" has become thier party leaders' motto for any decision. The obstructionist nature of the GOP has become so bad that Boehner can't even unite or lead his own party...live by the sword?

I have come around to appreciating the nature of the GOP...and encourage them to carry on with the vitriolic, dishonest, "hell-no" politics...they are on a well earned path to obsolescence ...best wishes and God's speed.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

To Cement Legacy, Obama Must Destroy the GOP
I am starting to believe the same thing, I never noticed it before it was mentioned, but what better way to destroy the GOP then creating all these traps.

That is hilarious...it's right up there with "what kind of things do read" or "how was your trip to Boston" as GOTCHA questions from the evil liberal media!!

The GOP is destroying THEMSELVES...but you can pretend it is a complex evil plot by the Kenyan born President if it makes you feel any better.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

Wait a sec let me take this in all the people defending Hagel one of those evil repubicans.

Compromise is a 2 way street the only thing I have seen for the past 4 years is the party holding 2/3's of government dictating their way or the highway.

If people don't like how government is set up well tough we do have that system of checks and balances to prevent any branch from having too much power.

Clearly some credit the GOP with an over abundance of power that is not true it has never been true.
edit on 15-2-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo5

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by BritofTexas

Sorry, I mistakenly assumed this was common knowledge.

Hagel received foreign contributions from the "Friends of Hamas" group. During his confirmation hearing when he was being questioned about it Democrats stopped the session.

No...None of that is actually true...He didn't recieve contributions from them...they don't exist...and Dems didn't stop anything in the hearing.

Seriously...it's crazy that folks make up bald-faced BS on a forum whose motto is to "Deny Ignorance"

On February 7, Breitbart News's Editor-at-Large Ben Shapiro published an explosive-looking story under the headline "Secret Hagel Donor? White House Ducks Question on 'Friends of Hamas.'" Quoting "Senate sources," Shapiro claimed that crucial documents on Hagel's "foreign funding" might be kept from the Senate Armed Services Committe because "one of the names listed is a group purportedly called "Friends of Hamas."

Here's the problem: There's no proof that "Friends of Hamas" actually exists. At best, it's an organization so secret that nobody in government has thought to mention its existence. At worst, it's as fake as Manti Te'o's girlfriend. The Treasury Department, which designates sponsors of terror, has done so to many charities tied to Hamas. "Friends of Hamas" is not among them. The State Department doesn't designate it, either. And a bit less holistically, a Lexis search for the group reveals absolutely nothing.

www.slate.com...

Uhhh That information was not made up in this "forum". It is information that has circulated around various outlets for weeks. That's why I mentioned questions surrounding the group' existence earlier and the same reason you provided your evidence. Deny Ignorance!!

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Funny thing is they are not actually defending Hagel. No one has yet to defend him in this thread. NO ONE. I've asked and not gotten a response from the OP yet. Back to arguing for arguments sake...Point out the flaws in the GOP etc etc. Without ever examining WHY Obama would nominate such a bad character for the job.

It is amazing....

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

I know why same thing he has been doing for the past 4 years and his nonstop campaigning vilify the right to take control of the house in 2014 then there is nothing to stop his agenda.

Hagel is a pawn, just as we are, just as the gop is they are playing chess the rest playing checkers saying king me.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Uhhh That information was not made up in this "forum". It is information that has circulated around various outlets for weeks. That's why I mentioned questions surrounding the group' existence earlier and the same reason you provided your evidence. Deny Ignorance!!

By "various outlets" you are refering to other forums? Briebart? Freerepublic?...BS in an echo-chamber is still BS.

Where again did Democrats shut down the confirmation hearing after Hagel was asked about "Friends of Hamas"???

THAT NEVER HAPPENED....FICTION...Ya know the hearings had camera's and such???

"Friends of Hamas" doesn't exist....No one has ever heard of them aside from that BS King that wrote the piece for the right wing hate fiction site Briebart.

The State Department designates groups even remotely related to Hamas as banned entitites for banking etc.

No one at State has ever heard of "Friends of Hamas"....No Docs show anything about the group ever existing...

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Exactly! They just keeping pulling the loose thread on the Giant GOP sweater. Just look at what they are trying to do to Rubio all over a sip of Water. MSNBC has devoted hours just to cover the topic and to do a sip by sip analysis just because they think he will be the next big Republican. Even the white house jumped on him for his water blip.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

Did the current potus not say Isreal should return to the pre 60s borders?

Then there is a friend of Hamas and that friend of Hamas nominated Hagel.

edit on 15-2-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by Indigo5

By "various outlets" you are refering to other forums? Briebart? Freerepublic?...BS in an echo-chamber is still BS.

Where again did Democrats shut down the confirmation hearing after Hagel was asked about "Friends of Hamas"???

THAT NEVER HAPPENED....FICTION...Ya know the hearings had camera's and such???

"Friends of Hamas" doesn't exist....No one has ever heard of them aside from that BS King that wrote the piece for the right wing hate fiction site Briebart.

The State Department designates groups even remotely related to Hamas as banned entitites for banking etc.

No one at State has ever heard of "Friends of Hamas"....No Docs show anything about the group ever existing...

You said the lie started in this forum... IT DID NOT. Period end of story. I've read that slate article before which is why I raised doubt earlier in this thread when that notion was brought up. I never said that "friends" existed yet you think you just caught me in a gotcha moment...
Thanks for chiming in

So, how do you feel about Hagel? Maybe you can be the mouthpiece for those who can't answer the question.

link   

reply to post by neo96

Exactly! They just keeping pulling the loose thread on the Giant GOP sweater. Just look at what they are trying to do to Rubio all over a sip of Water. MSNBC has devoted hours just to cover the topic and to do a sip by sip analysis just because they think he will be the next big Republican. Even the white house jumped on him for his water blip.

Yes, because by continually airing the dreaded watergate debacle, they could conveniently ignore the rest of the speech.
edit on 042828p://bFriday2013 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

I guess you really know nothing of the founding fathers do you? They would have welcomed this treaty.

"Peace, commerce, and honest friendship with all nations-entangling alliances with none."
Thomas Jefferson

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   

There is nothing honest about government the founders knew this they would not have welcomed a "NWO".

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74

I'm totally with ya there and no fan of Obama or Hagel. My comment was more directed toward the Filibuster reform that didn't go through. The way the GOP is conducting itself is just... well like I said, broken and it will be funny in an ironic way to see their own practices blow up in their faces some day.

ETA I do like Hagels non conformity on Israel though.
edit on 15-2-2013 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

You are right it is funny to see the GOP bust the balls of one of their own But if they are going to do it then they should do it for the right reason.
edit on 15-2-2013 by buster2010 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join