Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Intel to make TV watch you as you watch it!!

page: 1

join

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 08:00 AM
link   
HI all,

I read this in my normal daily technology scan of the internet and it struck me as another move towards new world order.... Intel's TV box will deliver personalized shows by watching you

Intel is building its very own set-top box with a Web TV service this year according to AllThingsD. While the company won't be breaking new ground by offering "a la carte" programming, it will face a challenge convincing people to let a camera watch their every movement while they take in an episode of Glee.

Too Right!!!

But then the article goes on...

In an interview with AllThingsD, Intel's corporate vice president Eric Huggers said that its set-top box will have a built-in camera that provides suggestions based on a person's movements and TV viewing habits:
“My kids may watch programming geared toward them, and I’ll watch programming geared toward me. If there’s a way to distinguish who is watching what, advertisers can then target ads at the proper parties.”

OMG!!!

I know the Kinect has this potential but what they are now saying is they want to use data gathered from the camera to target information specifically for YOU....

If ever there was a system with a massive margin for misuse such as this implemented as standard we would be for sure in a 1984 nightmare.

Korg.

edit on 15-2-2013 by Korg Trinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 08:03 AM
link   
This technology is very old and has been used in many TVs and VCRs years ago

ETA: www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 15-2-2013 by Hellas because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hellas
This technology is very old and has been used in many TVs and VCRs years ago

ETA: www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 15-2-2013 by Hellas because: (no reason given)

No no you miss the point.....

Though I accept that you did a quick search on ATS to see if this has been posted before... As did I.

This is not some conspiracy about a singular find in a device... This is INTEL stating they are planning to not only put a camera on their set top box's but to use the information gathered to IDENTIFY you and to TARGET you with specific information.

The fact it has a camera is a moot point, it's the admission of what they plan to do with it that is shocking!

Korg.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Got a smartphone?

Live in a metropolitan area?

The chances are that you're already been identified and tracked wherever you go.

This was released to the public in 2009:

The time to be concerned with surveillance was at least a decade ago when the Patriot Act was introduced.

It truly is paranoia to believe you are somehow special enough to be worthy of resources to be personally watched.

Chill out, and welcome to the 21st century.

Originally posted by Korg Trinity
This is not some conspiracy about a singular find in a device... This is INTEL stating they are planning to not only put a camera on their set top box's but to use the information gathered to IDENTIFY you and to TARGET you with specific information.

The fact it has a camera is a moot point, it's the admission of what they plan to do with it that is shocking!

Korg.

No, this is YOU, being PARANOID, and misleading people into false assessments and blanket conclusions.

Yes, they TARGET, and IDENTIFY, for the purpose of making more MONIES, and being more EFFECTIVE, in swaying your opinions.

It's the exact same game they've been playing for decades. People are getting fed up with commercials that they don't care about. Creative minds have exploited all vulnerabilities for a long time, and people are too conditioned to fall for the same tricks without having a genuine interest from the get go.

This is about TARGETING, and IDENTIFYING, which commercials you have an interest in.

You're already TARGETED, and IDENTIFIED, by means you're likely unaware of.

Guess what you can do with this device? Unplug it.
Sooooo scary!
edit on 15-2-2013 by nomnom because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   
How deep down the rabbit hole would you like to go?

Project Looking Glass
Project Rainbow/Phoenix a.k.a The Montauk Project

The above dabble in the speculation TPTB have the capacity to look and/or travel into the future. THIS IS HIGHLY DEBATABLE. That said, say someone writes a book in ten years, that God forbid, wakes the public up on a large scale in some fashion. Would TPTB do everything they could to prevent said person from ever publishing the work? You bet your a$$!
edit on 15-2-2013 by ConspiracyBuff because: Face!

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by ConspiracyBuff

What would they "wake up" to?

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by nomnom

Who knows my man...

These days it seems there is much to wake up too.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by nomnom

This is about TARGETING, and IDENTIFYING, which commercials you have an interest in.

You're already TARGETED, and IDENTIFIED, by means you're likely unaware of.

Guess what you can do with this device? Unplug it.
Sooooo scary!

So you deny the possibility that this could be used for targeted propoganda??

What about targeting news articles? or omitted articles....

What about the potencial to programme the children when the adults are not around??

The possible missuses that go along with this technology are huge!!!

Korg.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Korg Trinity

Still not new news. IIRC this story first broke when Verizon filed for patents for this technology. I'm sure a quick Google search will turn it up.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Korg Trinity

So you deny the possibility that this could be used for targeted propoganda??

This statement indicates you either have a reading comprehension disability, else don't know what the term "propaganda" means.

What about targeting news articles? or omitted articles....

This statement seems to have incomplete data. Context is needed.

What about the potencial to programme the children when the adults are not around??

Do you know what the purpose of the public educational system and television are?

The possible missuses that go along with this technology are huge!!!

Korg.

It's the same with any sufficiently advanced technological roll-out. It seems like magic to feeble minds, and they jump to erroneous conclusions.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   

This statement indicates you either have a reading comprehension disability, else don't know what the term "propaganda"

This statement is one of the most trollish Statements I've come across in a very long time.

You seem to be the one with a comprehension issue as you can't link the use of targetted media with the term propaganda.

Given your first post, i infer tht you are someone whom is looking atvthe world with a "why didn't I" or a "why them not me" attitude.

Add something constructive to the thread and I'll debate with you till the cows come home, but so far I've not read anything you have written that isn't just opositional argumentitive.... News in that isn't debating!

Korg.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Incorrect.

Not only did I call out your strawman, I clearly noted the use of this technology as but a continuation of earlier forms of propaganda.

You're definitely the one with reading comprehension issues, not I!

Furthermore, I brought many ideas to the thread, and a video which easily shows that the tech is essentially, obsolete as a means to do what you originally infer as to it's intended goal.

You're bitching because the thread is weak, and you sensationalized it for no good reason.

Get over the loss, and get real.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by threewisemonkeys

Still not new news. IIRC this story first broke when Verizon filed for patents for this technology. I'm sure a quick Google search will turn it up.

The patent is one thing... Th actual product launch another. This is slated to hit the shops this year, for that to happen the units are already waiting in warehouse for delivery and the back office [services] that run it already set up.

Big brother watches at your doorstep.

Korg.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Incorrect.

Not only did I call out your strawman, I clearly noted the use of this technology as but a continuation of earlier forms of propaganda.

Furthermore, I brought many ideas to the thread, and a video which easily shows that the tech is essentially, obsolete as a means to do what you originally infer as to it's intended goal.

You're bitching because the thread is weak, and you sensationalized it for no good reason.

Stop your back peddling and cease your trolling.

Korg.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Incorrect.

Stop your back peddling and cease your trolling.

Korg.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   
This may help solve it:

You still need to buy the that very TV or unit, unless it or a similar service was put into every TV that came out. I don't think there is anything really there to worry about, its all completely optional and can be easily blocked if someone was concerned.
What they want to do it just increase advertising revenues and make the adverts pay, they're trying any way now, Facebook has been doing it, Google, collecting data and using it to direct anything at anyone, and openly admitting it.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Instead of creating new tech to watch you watch your favourite shows and all the money it cost to develop it and build it why not spend the money better by simply ASKING the viewers what they'd prefer to be watching?
I for one cannot stand all the reality TV shows, Big Brother, X has got no talent, big fat lazy gypsy freedloaders or any of the other crap thats on TV.
If they were to ask me what I watch then they can design a viewing just for me.
I also do not trust the technology to choose for me UNLESS it takes out ALL the adverts for products I dont want, or 'celebrities' I cant stand endorsing something they get paid to pawn when saying they've been using it for years even though it came out last month.
All the technology is for is to spy on you, market research? I don't think so Intel, Intel by name Intel by name, you ain't getting no Intel on me buddyboyoh.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   
This is probably the creepiest thing I have read for a long time.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Once the patents were filed it was inevitable that the product wasn't going to be far behind. The technology already exists so finding a use for that technology, especially as predictable as this scenario, well, it was a no brainer. People went on for years that cable boxes were spying on folk, but in every instance it was proven to have no basis in reality. Identifying electrical components is very simple and while a camera concealed in a set top box wasn't imposible, it would have been very easliy identified by anyone with a basic understanding of electronics. Anyhoo this didn't stop the rumors. As camera miniaturization and higher capacity cable networks came along it became more of a reality, but still no hidden cameras in set top boxes. And here we are today, The question started as "are they doing it?", to knowing for a fact (or a reasonable suspicion) that it would be done at some point, in which case the question became "well how are they going to do it?". Now we have the answer to both questions. Irony is a self fulfilling prophesy.
edit on 21-2-2013 by threewisemonkeys because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 07:47 AM
link   
This has been said back in the day when people sat in front of sets that had no capability whatsoever to transmit anything, only receive.

new topics

top topics

join