It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Everything that is happening 2013 is super NORMAL. Move along.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Yep, it's a normal year, there is absolutely nothing to worry about.

A year in which popes resign and potentially creepy prophetic successors await their turn.
A year where meteor showers fly-byes occur and record-breaking comets peek-a-boo our skies.
A year in which most of my friends have been fired from their jobs.
A year in which food prices have skyrocketed (in my country anyway) bees and other insects have disappeared from our garden and plants are flowering in the wrong season...

All normal. Lupo, why you so crazy to suggest imminent, dangerous times ahead?

Do you have a plan for your yourself & your family if events continue this trend?

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by lupodigubbio

in that case, i suggest threadbombing is appropriate.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 08:00 AM
link   

oh! you wuz being sarcastic.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Phage chiming in in a few minutes to say you're wrong, this many comets and meteors appear every year, the pope didn't really resign and unemployment has been like this for years. Also you're a cucumber, snap out of it and go become a salad or something

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 08:26 AM
link   
And nothing worse ever has happened ever at any other time [in human history]. No plagues that killed most population, no mad Vlad the Impalor or corrupted and evil popes such as pope Innocent X. Never have there been whole peoples killed to extinction and there never was a year where 'someone' dropped actual nuclear bombs on others. There have never been violent wars [well obviously not where the OP lives] and all life was always soooo good.
And anyway, if these things happened, they were no way worse than what is happening in 2013. I mean 'come on', 2013 is really the worst year that EVER happened to human kind.

[/:end sarcasm]

Little tip to OP: Learn history, it may come in handy.
edit on 15-2-2013 by Hecate666 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hecate666
And nothing worse ever has happened ever at any other time [in human history]. No plagues that killed most population, no mad Vlad the Impalor or corrupted and evil popes such as pope Innocent X. Never have there been whole peoples killed to extinction and there never was a year where 'someone' dropped actual nuclear bombs on others. There have never been violent wars [well obviously not where the OP lives] and all life was always soooo good.
And anyway, if these things happened, they were no way worse than what is happening in 2013. I mean 'come on', 2013 is really the worst year that EVER happened to human kind.

[/:end sarcasm]

Little tip to OP: Learn history, it may come in handy.
edit on 15-2-2013 by Hecate666 because: (no reason given)

Deal, I'll learn history if you learn to read and sharpen up you basic comprehension skills. All I wrote was 2013 is not a "normal" year as some claim it to be. Go get a massage, you're stressed.
edit on 15-2-2013 by lupodigubbio because: typo

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 08:42 AM
link   
So you did say that the year wasn't normal. Good, I read that as: "2013 isn't normal". Have I got that right?

All I said in response is: "There were other years worse than 2013". How is that not an appropriate response?

If we agree that this year is a little weird, and we agree that other years have been worse, then there is no valid thread.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 08:44 AM
link   

A year in which popes resign and potentially creepy prophetic successors await their turn.
A year where meteor showers fly-byes occur and record-breaking comets peek-a-boo our skies.

Popes have resigned before.

We have meteor showers every year, it's an annual event.

A lot of people are losing their jobs.

Some people witnessed the effects of WWI and a Flu pandemic in the space of a year, What's happened this year is trivial compared to that.

As the guide says, 'Don't panic!'

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hecate666
So you did say that the year wasn't normal. Good, I read that as: "2013 isn't normal". Have I got that right?

All I said in response is: "There were other years worse than 2013". How is that not an appropriate response?

If we agree that this year is a little weird, and we agree that other years have been worse, then there is no valid thread.

Right but the topic here is not really about comparing years. It's about how the conditions this year are particularly disturbing to us, our generation. In my lifetime, we have not had a meteor crash the day before the announcement of the closest fly-by ever, 3 days after the resignation of the fabled last pope and later on the brightest comet ever (among many other serious issues pertinent to my country of origin and the world in general).

Btw, the inappropriate part is sending someone to study history just for stating their opinion in the Rant forum, of a conspiracy message board, mind you. Do you think being rude on the internet will add or subtract from a civil conversation between adults?

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thecakeisalie

Popes have resigned before.

We have meteor showers every year, it's an annual event.

A lot of people are losing their jobs.

Some people witnessed the effects of WWI and a Flu pandemic in the space of a year, What's happened this year is trivial compared to that.

As the guide says, 'Don't panic!'

-Popes have resigned in the past. 600 years ago. Not exactly my generation and certainly not the ever-famous last pope of cryptic catholic prophecies.

-3 days later we haven't had a meteor impact, the day before of the closest fly-by ever of some other asteroid, in the year of the brightest comet. Again, in my generation.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Humans: Arrogant even in their ignorance.

-sigh-

S+F

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by lupodigubbio
Do you have a plan for your yourself & your family if events continue this trend?

I am actually ashamed. I *want* to have provisions and a plan but it just seems like everything I want to do costs big bucks. Especially when we have almost no income. Upon winning the lottery...

...underground bunker in the middle of 40+ acres...
......(complete with closed air / water system, fuel systems. all self contained and unavailable to outside)...
...mre's (or other made food source) for 1-2 years...
...aquaponics garden providing fresh veggies and tilapia ( I do NOT like fish but if SHTF I will deal with it)...
...weapons and ammo stockpile...
...nice big water and fuel supply tanks as well as well close on the property...
...etc, etc, etc...

UGH sucks being broke!! =(

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 09:09 AM
link   

I agree with the title, it amazes me how many people can bull so much BS out their butt and to many fall for it. Move along it will all work out in the end.

top topics

join