It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Huge Asteroid To Skim Past Earth At 18,641mph (TODAY!)

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by xxdaniel21
I'm currently in Perth - just where that main observatory is, and i couldn't actually see it due to light pollution.

Here in Melbourne, I had rather hazy skies (due to nearby fires) and couldnt spot it (with binoculars).
I had a good map from the satflare website, but no luck.

link   
And just to add the sun now is farther to the east than what I saw. I'm looking at the sun right now and it's farther east. I for sure saw this thing in the sky.

link   
reply to post by spqrenki

Ah well, I thought it just looked like this on its closest approach (through telescope):

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by xxdaniel21

I do agree with you, if you wish to talk about 'WILL'. It will be Divine Will that is meant. No mortal can change His Will but all mankind can do is to pray for His Divine mercy, our common Creator who love us all.

In any case, we should not be complacent as it seems we may be heading towards an asteroid field in our orbit through the Universe. Hight time we improve our early warning systems, espacially when astrophysicts admitted openly that they do not have the ability to track small rocks such as those in Siberia which fortunately and mercifully took no lives. There's a lesson to be learned everyday. We need to grow up.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   
What part of the earth did it pass as im here in the UK looking out like a divvy with my camcorder and then sky news report that its passed WFT.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Movhisattva

It was blinding, literally. It was like looking straight at the sun which I thought was odd because I wasn't even looking at it directly.

I'm so glad I saw that.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I really wanted to see it

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by favouriteslave

It's about as useful as praying for a winner in a sports game in the grand scheme of things...

That would be like a... religious tug of war, and just think, does that really make sense?

Then again...

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus

Why not? I'm guessing you never heard the story of how Moses parted the Red Sea? This is what is called Mastery over the Elements and matter.

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus

the story

Enough said, really

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by spqrenki
It was blinding, literally. It was like looking straight at the sun which I thought was odd because I wasn't even looking at it directly.

Whatever you were seeing, it wasnt asteroid DA14.
This asteroid is rather fainter than is visible to unaided eyes, but would be visible in a dark sky with binoculars.
Like a very faint star. And moving very very very very slowly.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

Yeahh... it's a shame really.

I didn't have binoculars handy and was relying on the naked eye and clear skies. I knew where it was, just no sight.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1

Originally posted by spqrenki

Whatever you were seeing, it wasnt asteroid DA14.
This asteroid is rather fainter than is visible to unaided eyes, but would be visible in a dark sky with binoculars.
Like a very faint star. And moving very very very very slowly.

Like I said, the sun right now is in a position east to what I saw. This thing was extremely bright and it took almost 2 minutes to move out of sight. I honestly think I saw it. I don't know what else it could have been. It almost hurt my eyes that's how bright it was.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   

If the Sun was up where you are, you didn't see the asteroid.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Bicent76

It's estimated to weigh about 190,000 tonnes and is travelling around 30,000kph. There's no satellite in existence large enough to have any real effect on its trajectory. It would be like a mosquito flying into an elephant and knocking it over.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   

It doesn't matter. Those who have faith and believe, will believe. Those who don't, will not till they experience life changing event themselves on their own free will.

What truly matters is that D14 caused no harm to innocents, even though it was the closest cities levelling piece of rock that came since decades. If it's course was altered just by 2 degrees in its close approach to Earth at its speed, things may had been different.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth101

I do agree with you, if you wish to talk about 'WILL'. It will be Divine Will that is meant. No mortal can change His Will but all mankind can do is to pray for His Divine mercy, our common Creator who love us all.

In any case, we should not be complacent as it seems we may be heading towards an asteroid field in our orbit through the Universe. Hight time we improve our early warning systems, espacially when astrophysicts admitted openly that they do not have the ability to track small rocks such as those in Siberia which fortunately and mercifully took no lives. There's a lesson to be learned everyday. We need to grow up.

Wait, so you don't believe in human will, but you believe in divine will? What i don't understand is how one can be more correct than the other when it comes to belief. That is all it is - belief.
I said "one does not simply (will) something to happen" meaning there is no "will" at all - rather, a set course.

I assume (and please correct me) this is your idea:
1: scientist hopefully detects asteroid
2: we all get together and pray
3: asteroid misses, and we praise

Then, in this case, why are you worried about future comets? The one in siberia was testament to a set course we are on. If you must, like another poster said - pray for the aftermath. have faith in what happens afterwards.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I obviously don't have any proof, but I know what I saw. If anyone in the north east united states saw it too please post.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Could it have been something else? There are hundreds of other sightings every other day, why should this day be any different?

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   
"Near-miss" I hate that phrase, positive spin doublespeak because of people's perceived delicate sensibilities.

/rant

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   

I'm sure you saw something but it could not have been the asteroid.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join