It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Huge Asteroid To Skim Past Earth At 18,641mph (TODAY!)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by ngchunter

thank you!

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 08:32 AM
link   
This piece of rock even though small, but would most certainly weigh more than the 10 ton rock that hit Siberia today which affected 6 cities. It's size is estimated 50 times that of the siberian rock.

With that mass coupled with velocity and Earth's gravity pull, should it hit on populated area, my guess is that at least one third of mankind would be wiped out.

The experts had said that it would not hit our planet. And had also said that they had no way of tracking those rocks that hit Siberia today as it was 'too small'.

In any case, let's hope for the best that the siberian rocks were not an early warning.

Let us ALL pray to the Almighty , that this piece of rock that started its journey many years ago, stay its course and skim off our planet.

Thanks.
edit on 15-2-2013 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

Either way, it seems we've entered a pretty dangerous area of our cosmic neighborhood. The number of near misses and those actually entering our atmosphere seems to be increasing.

Or it could just be that everyone has cameras today and the ability to report them via social media.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

Surely by now, the experts would and do know the trajectory of this Asteroid.... the only way it could hit someplace now is if it was hit itself by some other rock and diverted!!

Its nearly 18,000 miles away so I think we will be safe!!

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lucas73
And once again, when there is something in the sky to see, it's cloudy in my part of the world.
Dammit!

Yup here in PA we are being heavily sprayed with chemtrails even though there are hardly any natural clouds in the sky. I went out to walk my dogs and smoke, and I counted 3 planes spraying. Hardly any blue left in the sky.
edit on 2/15/13 by SixX18 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Surely by now, the experts would and do know the trajectory of this Asteroid.... the only way it could hit someplace now is if it was hit itself by some other rock and diverted!!

Its nearly 18,000 miles away so I think we will be safe!!

Let pray so.

The only time we mankind will truly know is at around 2p.m, if it had stayed true to its course to skim off the planet, as a whole, or not.

If not, and if the nasa animation is true, its trajectory will contine on within minutes to.....the middle east and africa....

May there not be 'smaller' rocks that astrophysicists had now only admit not being able to track, within its tail.

In any case, all Earth monitoring stations, early warning systems and emergency centres be on standby mode during those moments, and everyone stay away from glass windows, doors and other loose contructions.

Just to be safe. Prevention is often better than cure...and pray.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   
hmmm..i find it more disturbing that 2012 da14 and the russia meteor have nothing to do with each other
if they were connected, no worry, just a debris field..buuuut...what ..stuff just suddenly falling out of the sky willy-nilly and just before a 'record close' fly by of another meteor?

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 09:35 AM
link   
I went searching for you tube videos last night - bad idea!

I can't link because I'm on a phone, but the video I found was called : Alert 2012 DA14 incoming.
It was made last March. The usual doom "there hiding that this'll hit" type stuff

I don't like that we have blind spots (the sun).
I hate that they're saying 950 approx people injured from last nights shower.
I hate that I was watching the video about incoming meteorites, while some were incoming !!

Now I'm a little nervous about what they don't see, and about what they might not tell us if they see something.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I have read that this asteroid is about the size of a football pitch and apparently there is a 2% chance it will hit us this time.. However this asteroid is in our solar orbit and is apparently due, once again to come back around in 2020 and when it does, there will be a 57% chance of it hitting us..

So between now and then if they do their calculations and find the chance of hitting to high and to much of a risk, they might decide to take it out before it comes around again.

So if that did hit it would take out an area roughly the size of a large city...

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by samuel1990
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

How is this breaking news? We've known about this for quite some time and I'm sure you must have seen the countless threads regarding this lately.

Less of the arrogance please. Not everyone is watching the news / tv/ internet 24/7.

Have some consideration for other members please.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by IamAbeliever

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin
reply to post by RestlessNRG

My thoughts exactly!

This is going to be the closest near miss ever, its going to be so close that it might be closer to the earth that some satellites are.

If you'd done some research you'd know for a fact that it will be closer than some satellites. Ugh.

Please research your facts before starting a thread.

Dude, check your attitude at the door. As a newer member you will find out that your arrogance won't be tolerated here for very long.

I may be a new member but I've been lurking since 2007.

I know how ATS works. I just can't stand when someone creates a thread without researching the entire topic. Why post something you really have no knowledge about? What happens if someone asks a question about the said topic? Does the OP send the questioner to google? Wouldn't you rather have the OP answer directly and straight away?

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by samuel1990

The OP was within the T+C.

Sometimes it's good to post a link, a few comments and allow other members to do the research. But if you have a better idea, please contribute something useful to thread.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard

reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

How is this breaking news? We've known about this for quite some time and I'm sure you must have seen the countless threads regarding this lately.

Less of the arrogance please. Not everyone is watching the news / tv/ internet 24/7.

Have some consideration for other members please.

THIS HAS BEEN AN ONGOING TOPIC SINCE NIBIRU DID NOT APPEAR LOL!

Seriously.....!?

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

No one is saying the OP was not within the T&C but how hard is it to do a search before creating a new topic...?

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth101
With that mass coupled with velocity and Earth's gravity pull, should it hit on populated area, my guess is that at least one third of mankind would be wiped out.

Uhm, no. Would it hit a major city, no question it would be a catastrophe, but it would certainly not wipe out "a third of mankind".

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   
They just said on the news that this thing was only the size of a kitchen table, and yet it weighed 10 Tons!!

That's one very compressed chunk of rock. Heavy heavy.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Looks like the conversion for 7 30 pm UK time is 11 30 am pacific time, so this morning, something that could take out a major city, though its still relatively small, smaller than a football field, is going within the satellite zone, I think being a little cautious is always a good idea.

I wonder if they fired weapons at it and thats why Russia got hit by fragments of a meteor?

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by IamAbeliever

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin
reply to post by RestlessNRG

I know how ATS works. I just can't stand when someone creates a thread without researching the entire topic. Why post something you really have no knowledge about? What happens if someone asks a question about the said topic? Does the OP send the questioner to google? Wouldn't you rather have the OP answer directly and straight away?

I agree, the comment is misplaced. I for one am glad this is posted. It is happening today so we need a tracking post for pics etc. Although I don't anticipate any issues with said flying rock it is still interesting nonetheless.

Additionally to the comments above regarding Nasa not being forthcoming......well apparently every comet or asteroid is suppose to hit earth and Nasa always lies about it, yet here I am writing this......

Regardless, even if it was to hit what would be gained by sharing with the world you are going to die. It would cause mass panic and all hell would break lose. The only thing gained by knowing is you get a couple hours to reach way way down and around to kiss your own ass goodbye. It matters not, if it hits we will know soon enough and if it doesn't well then it's business as usual. Either way I think its cool!

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   
I hope it hits earth
C'mon, stop lieing to yourself, we all want it

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Where are our astronomers? I would love to have some updated pics of this thing flying by. How long would you suppose you had if you were able to take a pic of it entering our atmosphere then trasfering to your computer and posting it on ATS before it actually "touched down"?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join