It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian Politician Denies Meteorite, Claims US Weapon Tests

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Russian Politician Denies Meteorite, Claims US Weapon Tests

en.rian.ru

“Those aren’t meteors falling, it’s the Americans testing new weapons,” Zhirinovsky, leader of the Liberal Democratic Party, told journalists several hours after the Emergencies Ministry began issuing statements on the incident, which has injured hundreds and damaged scores of buildings.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on (2/15/13) by AllSeeingI because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Just came across this while researching the breaking news developing in Russia today 2/15/2013. I did notice that the dual smoke trail we are all seeing in the videos seems a bit odd looking for a meteorite; from what I have seen in other videos meteorites do not usually leave billowing smoke trails like that.

Wiki: Vladimir Zhirinovsky

en.rian.ru
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on (2/15/13) by AllSeeingI because: Punctuation

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 06:13 AM
link   
reply to post by AllSeeingI

Meteroite....nothing more...lets put the conspiracy breaks on folks...there are a few good clips out there showing it streaking across the sky..it's amazing to see the shockwave of this and I'm more interested in getting an estimate on the size to really get some idea what damage a larger one could do...not everything is a conspiracy folks...as far as the smoke trail we do not no the composition of the meteorite and depending on the size most meteorites burn up into smaller pieces where as this may have been significantly larger and as a result burned and made a larger smoke trail due to it's size..as far as dual I'm sure it was breaking off...
edit on 15-2-2013 by chrismarco because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 06:13 AM
link   
That's a big claim!

He should make sure it's true before saying things like that, but it wouldn't suprise me if it is.

But why test it on Russia? There are plenty of other places the US would like to see have a "meteor strike" rather than them!

edit on 15/2/13 by NuclearPaul because: typo

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 06:15 AM
link   
reply to post by NuclearPaul

Yes like North Korea or over a desert...

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Do you usually see meteorites that actually strike the earth? Or do you usually see ones that pass us by barely streaking across our atmosphere? I would say the latter. Am I wrong?

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by T4NG0

So it is your contention that a meteorite will never hit the earth at a different trajectory? Wow

Ever hear of a show called Meteor Hunters? Ever look at some of the impact sites around the world?

Link of impact sites
edit on 15-2-2013 by chrismarco because: (no reason given)

Media is reporting that it weighed ten tons...i'm guessing that it's an estimate and until we see the debri field that's just a guess. I know I would be racing to find the debri and make some quick cash
edit on 15-2-2013 by chrismarco because: update

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by chrismarco

from what I have seen in other videos meteorites do not usually leave billowing smoke trails like that.

No I am stating that the person does not usually see videos of a meteorite that makes it far enough into our atmosphere to cause it to leave a trail. Just trying to ask questions to figure out what they mean by it being odd or unusual.
edit on 15-2-2013 by T4NG0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 06:45 AM
link   

You are completely misunderstanding me I think.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by T4NG0

from what I have seen in other videos meteorites do not usually leave billowing smoke trails like that.

No I am stating that the person does not usually see videos of a meteorite that makes it far enough into our atmosphere to cause it to leave a trail. Just trying to ask questions to figure out what they mean by it being odd or unusual.
edit on 15-2-2013 by T4NG0 because: (no reason given)

T4NGO, I am unimpressed.

The rate at which you find these threads and state your opinion therein is astounding, and I applaud your passion.. but that's where I take pause... My passion is to get to the truth of these things.. to discuss them.. your passion seems to be finding threads of information and enforcing your own paradigm upon them.

The question in this thread is simple.. why the identical double contrail plumes?

We all understand the concept of all the things that can cause a double contrail.. What things explain "identical" contrails? "Identical" forces of physics imparted on two separate plumes of fire whatever they may be?

And all you do is address other things, other topics, and engage in superfluous unrelated dialogue.

If you are so informed as you pretend, then show the physics of two identically shaped pieces of anything burning up in the atmosphere that is anywhere near natural.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Just to clarify..

I do not think this was any kind of missile or weapon.. If anything, I think it's a spaceship, or was one.

That's actually the theory that makes most sense to me.. It was a spaceship and the Russians were waiting on it, and when it popped up ready to unleash hell they tactical nuked it.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by JayDub113

Yeah. Right. I think you ATS guys need a breath of fresh air.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 07:09 AM
link   
And unfortunately, all of the gullible in Russia are going to believe him.

second.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 07:11 AM
link   
I guess meteorites are a hard thing for some people to comprehend. It's easier to blame this on people you see as your enemy. I suppose things like this caused a lot of wars throughout mans history. I suppose people in history used these kind of things to prove that their god was mad at people also and converted people to believe as they did. This seems to be just a meteorite. I doubt if it could have been successfuly steered by any technology we have yet created. Maybe they were trying to steer it to Iran and missed horribly

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 07:25 AM
link   
At two o'clock I am going to go outside and alter the course of the asteroid telepathically. I expect this action to show people that this reality can be steered by someone.

Does anyone know which direction this asteroid is coming from
I may have a little problem with this.
Could land on my head

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 07:25 AM
link   

They aren't identical contrails though...
The meteor broke up, that's all.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 07:31 AM
link   

I suppose people in history used these kind of things to prove that their god was mad at people also and converted people to believe as they did.

A Tunguska style event is very rare, but might be predictable given today's technology and forehand knowledge of such an event would be valuable. Interesting question for example if the top government agencies could predict that a satellite constellation was going to be disabled by a meteor event how would they disseminate the news?

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74

They aren't identical contrails though...
The meteor broke up, that's all.

Methinks exactly the same thing, due to heat and pressure conditions when entering the earths atmosphere it simply broke up and gave out what might look from the far observing eye identical contrails at the moment of dividing...

Not a spaceship, nor enemy missile or military project... just simple meteorites breaking off from the 2012 DA 12... Methinks!

I am looking forward to tonight over here in Europe as we have clear skies where i live, so wouldn't be surprised to see some great sky activity.

Kindest respects

Rodinus

edit on 15-2-2013 by Rodinus because: Crap spelling mistake

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 07:48 AM
link   

What an idiot....

I see some things from the Cold war have not changed.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Okay, why did the politician say it, then?

What's the strategy in accusing another superpower of attacking you ?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join