It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Slam and Hogtie Pregnant Woman (Video)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 04:14 AM
link   
This woman was using her mobile phone and got pulled over. The Police then treat her like some sort of arch criminal. This is disgusting, there is no doubt that we are the enemy of the Police.

edit on 15-2-2013 by DrunkYogi because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 04:33 AM
link   
After watching most of this, I can see that the driver was driving erratically, and failed to obey the cops orders. She shouldn't have been on her cell in heavy traffic

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Well, she did have ample opportunity to actually stop, but did not. In fact, she just sat weaving through traffic. When she did stop she just ignored continued instructions.

I think the reason why US police act like this is that they are scared. Notice how they officers park well away from the stopped car, then won’t approach. This is a symptom of the violent gun culture and people pulling guns on the police IMO.

Not making excuses and she was dealt with assertively, but not brutally.

Regards

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 04:40 AM
link   
This happened in 2011 but she only recently won a lawsuit because of it.

Police did their best to hide the video but eventually it came to light...

Gaglione filed suit against the department and the officers involved, but the video evidence that eventually won Gaglione $250,000 this past November was not immediately forthcoming. Gaglione's attorney Howard Price claimed that Hernandez failed to check a box on the arrest report stating a video camera had, in fact, recorded the incident.

But the footage was eventually uncovered and the California Highway Police settled the case out of court and the officers were never required to testify, nor was the video ever submitted as evidence. The CHP has not commented on the case and the two arresting officers remain with the force.

Meanwhile, the now far richer Gaglione has left Los Angeles with her now 9-month-old son and, she says, she'll be forever terrified by the police.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

A Southland woman has been awarded $250,000 in damages after she was thrown to the ground and hogtied by California Highway Patrol officers while she was pregnant.

Officers stopped Tamara Gaglione on the Harbor (110) Freeway near downtown Los Angeles in August 2011 for talking on her cell phone while driving.

She later denied she was resisting arrest, but admitted that she was stunned as officers drew their firearms.

In a CHP report on the incident, officers claimed Gaglione had raised her arms in a threatening manner.

Her attorney, however, argued the officers used excessive force and knew she was pregnant.

Gaglione was later charged with resisting arrest and driving with a suspended license, but those counts were dropped. She and her now nine-month-old son have since moved out of Southern California.

Pregnant Woman Hogtied By CHP Awarded $250,000
losangeles.cbslocal.com...

edit on 15-2-2013 by Murgatroid because: Added link

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 05:02 AM
link   
According to Huff post, the police LIED to the lawyer about the video footage and denied that it even existed.

The only reason this footage even made it to YouTube is because the lawyer kept demanding to see it.

On the way to the station, she could hear officers discussing video of the encounter candidly, said attorney Howard Price to The Huffington Post. But when Price requested the video as evidence for Gaglione's criminal trial, he was told there was no footage of the incident.

"I went back to them, and I said, 'Look, am I stupid? This involved a chase. There must be a videotape,'" said Price. Eventually the prosecutor handed over footage from a backup officer's camera, which showed nothing.

Finally, he was told the footage existed, but that no one could transfer the data to another medium -- so he had to go to the CHP station himself to view it. Price made sure to record the footage for himself, and he uploaded the shocking video to YouTube.

CHP quickly resolved the suit in August, and Price notes on his site that the damages were settled without "any depositions taken by either side" -- probably because the CHP knew that the video would be admitted into evidence, guessed Price. Gaglione received the check by Christmas time.

Now that the settlement check has been cut, Price is on a mission to make sure the CHP officers involved in Gaglione's case are appropriately disciplined. On behalf of Gaglione, Price filed an internal affairs complaint a few days ago against the men, who are still on the force.

"Yes, we want these officers to be investigated and hopefully disciplined," Price told HuffPost. "It's pretty outrageous conduct."

www.huffingtonpost.com...

edit on 15-2-2013 by Murgatroid because: Added link

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 05:04 AM
link   
First.....

It was LAPD

Second.......

A Hispanic woman not following English orders.....who'da thunk it?

Yo comprendo Espanol pocito............but that doesn't mean I could follow the barking orders of a policeman in Spanish.

edit on 15-2-2013 by HandyDandy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC
After watching most of this, I can see that the driver was driving erratically, and failed to obey the cops orders. She shouldn't have been on her cell in heavy traffic

So she's deserved that treatment? Are you out of your skull? You don't win $250,000 is you where treated in the correct manner!

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Sure it was LAPD?

Looked kinda like CHP to me...

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Good money for the baby!!!

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Murgatroid
Sure it was LAPD?

Looked kinda like CHP to me...

Didn't know there was that much of a difference.......

I see where I made the mistake.....it was near LA.

Just ment isn't that the surrounding area where Dormer proclaimed was corrupt? I don't know Cali much....I'm aware it's a big state.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 05:21 AM
link   
"Protect and Serve"... a falsely used slogan!

Whenever I view any police activity... whether with my own eyes or one of so many police videos to watch... I just try to look at the situations from a protect and serve standpoint. Sadly, I see so few of these views of mine equate to a feeling of being protected and/or served. It is so scary to witness the realities of the policing culture shift to a predominantly "Enforce and Rule" philosophy.

My interactions with police have always led to a feeling of belittlement. Of course that feeling isn't so evident if I fully comply and catch them in a good mood. I've even watched the charges change as my attitude worsened... as if moods of an officer somehow change laws. The overall enjoyment taken in by many officers as they display their authority over citizens is just so distinct in most of their actions and attitudes.

I hate to put the police that are still honoring their "PUBLIC SERVICE" on blast, but you are indeed in the minority in your profession.

edit on 15-2-2013 by ttobban because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 05:26 AM
link   
our police just gives you a ticket, our system wants money

yours kicks pregant women on the ground with 6 officers that ends up in a lawsuit with your tax money :p

fail... don't think i'll ever go on vacation there... not worth the money...

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 07:38 AM
link   
I no longer refer to these guys/gals as cops. I refer to them as thugs, until they show me different. Fortunately, our local sheriff and police departments are a pretty good group of guys and gals. The state police in my area though, are bunch of thugs.

Police don't just become this way toward citizens. This behavior is being encouraged from the top.
Like any business establishment. You can get a good feel for the attitude of management from the employees.

This video is disgusting.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by HandyDandy
First.....

It was LAPD

Second.......

A Hispanic woman not following English orders.....who'da thunk it?

Yo comprendo Espanol pocito............but that doesn't mean I could follow the barking orders of a policeman in Spanish.

Hispanic Woman? the Officer is Hispanic, the woman has an Italian last name.... and you've already been corrected on the LAPD/CHP

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   
As I just said in another thread-a cop's job is to use the minimum force necessary. They obviously went beyond that here.

Not that it will matter. It will be deemed legal, and the cops will move along to the next person.

top topics

join