It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange loud Sonic Boom In Toronto, Where I Live

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 02:32 AM
link   
I live in Toronto, Canada as you know i as reported a while ago in the thread on page 16
Meteorite Crashes in Russia

About a while ago with my opened window in my apartment i heard a sonic bomb twice not once twice and i know its not my neighbors in the apartment they are all at sleep.

I am wondering if that Sonic Boom was related to the asteroid and the numerous reports of meteors falling, honestly i am not worried but i would like to know if anyone in Toronto also heard it?

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 02:44 AM
link   
is earth experiencing some sort of widespread meteor shower?

considering DA14 pass-by, the closest asteroid purportedly in history, is only hours away....

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

I live an hour west of Toronto, this Russian Meteorite thing has been keeping me up. Unfortunatly nothing to report other then overcast and passenger jets. I guess you could say its "all quiet on the western front"

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 02:50 AM
link   
I'm downtown. I haven't heard anything but streetcars rattling down the track.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by CaptainCanuck

Yup How strange of an overcast today an interesting day today. That sonic boom was loud. Yet people some are still sleeping.
edit on 15-2-2013 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

Yeah the weather has been really wonky the past couple weeks in the GTA, can you get a confirmation from anyone around that they heard it too?

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 03:04 AM
link   

What section of the city are you in?

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by shefskitchen

I'm from Georgetown just the other side of Brampton.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 03:29 AM
link   

My parents live there.

I remember booms going on at Armstrong ave, at all hours of the night. Could just be the quarry, man.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 03:47 AM
link   
reply to post by shefskitchen

I haven't heard about the booms, but a lot of crazy UFO related stuff happens in the area. I have pictures from a disposable camera somewhere of a crop circle years back, over half the pictures developed black and the ones that did are very strange (shadows). The lab technician had no idea how the film turned out the way it did considering it was mid afternoon.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   
next time you guys are in Parkdale.. pop in to Conspiracy Culture and say hello!

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   
monstrous sonic boom of Friday July 5th, 2013 at 12:48pm (noon).

characteristic double-boom signature associated with super-sonic transport/travel

sky was over-cast and epic sonic-impulse(s) were heard bouncing between the cloud base and the neighbourhood high-rises' for no less than 15 seconds. epic bouncing (epic acoustic crashing - way louder and way more "bouncy" than any thunder we've experienced here - and we've had our share).

people thought it was a terrorist attack.

a flash was reported coincident with the booms -- people on either side of my building reported seeing a flash -- "it hurt to look at (it)" reported an elderly co-tenant who viewed it indirectly as they watched television with the TV positioned close to an exterior window.

local papers -- although willing to admit (privately) it as having occurred -- are unwilling to cover the story and this after they demonstrated initial interest -- (they were "told") IMO

the sonic boom event (of the 5th), ushered in record-breaking rains on Friday, Sunday and Monday (Saturday was clear-skies).

absolutely NO electrical-activity (i.e: thunder n lightning) was observed on Friday or Sunday (weird -- in and of itself -- for a midsummer's, mid-day downpour) .. no electrical activity what-so-ever .. just sonic-boom activity (on Friday).

the sonic-shock footprint extended from Mel Lastman Square in North York down to Yonge and St. Clair and across to St. Clair and Dufferin. A sizable piece of real-estate .. way, way larger than any "garden-variety thunder" would ever carry.

There was a gas-leak reported at Eglinton Square Mall which could be considered as close to ground-zero (Yonge and Eglinton) but there was no explosion. The leak was addressed and everyone went home (in one piece). This was not it ... just a "happy coincidence" and the emergency services people had not heard of any recent detonations - sonic booms or otherwise.

Not so with the local fire-fighter crew who were returning from an unrelated call. They reported hearing it but surmised it as "thunder n' lightnin" as they had seen the flash (too).

Two, rapid-fire "mega thuds" .. the first one "twice" as loud as the second one and all within a one-second interval of time. It was over within a second -- save for the epic "crashing crescendos" which followed and lasted a full 13 seconds at the very least.

The local pigeons knew it wasn't "one-of-ours". They flew about panic-stricken for a full five minutes until exhaustion set in ... pigeons have limited, low-level flying-ability; but they stretched it to "the max".

Definitely a sonic-boom event whether we like to admit it or not. I think there is a local bylaw prohibiting reporting (or admitting) to anything weird as ever happening in Toronto. Go figure!

top topics

join