It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wash. state bill would make almost all gun owners criminals

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Washington state bill would make almost all gun owners criminals

The Bill S.B. 5737, proposes "banning the sale of assault weapons." According to the legislation, an "assault weapon" is any semiautomatic pistol, pump-action rifle or shotgun that can accept a detachable magazine, with the capacity to accept more than 10 rounds. Any magazine that accepts over 10 rounds itself will also be banned.

Also included in the definition is any rifle or shotgun with a pistol grip, a stock of any kind, a muzzle brake or muzzle compensator.

Continued...main source

˚ Sheriffs to yearly inspect homes of people who are allowed to own assault weapons for safety measures.
˚ Assault weapons need to be disposed of or disabled fully that come from inheritance after effective date on bill -Non compliance of will result in a class C felony.

The Bill S.B. 5737
Source
Source2

edit on 14-2-2013 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 11:09 PM
link   
It came off that Wash. State lately has been headed in a positive direction according to bills proposed-protection from TSA, ending of unarmed drones-Seattle. However, this comes off as a negative direction.
edit on 14-2-2013 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by dreamingawake

www.examiner.com... guess they dont quite know what laws they wanna pass as they are trying to pass this law as well in washington

Now in Washington State, Representatives have introduced HB 1371, The Washington State Firearms Freedom Act. "Any federal law, rule, regulation, or order created or effective on or after January 1, 2013, shall be unenforceable within the borders of Washington if the law, rule, regulation, or order attempts to: (a) Ban or restrict ownership of a semiautomatic firearm or any magazine of a firearm; or (b) Require any firearm, magazine, or other firearm accessory to be registered in any manner," the bill reads.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 11:50 PM
link   
This crap is getting old. Hopefully common sense will prevail, and this bill will be shot down. If you want to live in a place free of guns, move the hell out and leave us alone.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 11:51 PM
link   
One originates in the Senate, the other in the House.
We'll see how it all goes...

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 12:05 AM
link   
It doesn't matter that laws like these don't pass. The more important thing is that they serves as exhibit A, B, and onwards that when people say that Democrats are gun grabbers, they're not just being hysterical.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 12:19 AM
link   
So they're not coming after our rights and guns huh??? apps.leg.wa.gov... I haven't finished reading this but check out 19. New Section, Sec 2 Added to 9.41 RCW. Remember the names of these people introducing this. These idiots want to turn probably more than half of the population into criminals which includes myself and most people I know. This is happening in several other states and I'm a bit surprised its actually happening here but I guess I shouldn't be. I don't think most people realize the implications of such draconian measures. If anything like this gets passed, there is definitely a # storm coming. apps.leg.wa.gov... -- www.infowars.com...

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 12:25 AM
link   

edit on 15-2-2013 by captaintyinknots because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Meh!
edit on 2/15/13 by Infernalis because: Meh

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Not too sure how they cannot understand the statement; “shall not be infringed”? By banning or limiting something, you are infringing upon it thereby violating the constitution, no?

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 01:33 AM
link   
The extremist liberals are reaching here - I really doubt they will pass in their current form. Public worker unions want to harvest your labor so they can continue to do nothing useful and live like b movie stars. Have to take away those guns so they can raise your taxes and build their walls higher without worrying about an uprising.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by SnakeShot
So they're not coming after our rights and guns huh??? apps.leg.wa.gov... I haven't finished reading this but check out 19. New Section, Sec 2 Added to 9.41 RCW. Remember the names of these people introducing this. These idiots want to turn probably more than half of the population into criminals which includes myself and most people I know. This is happening in several other states and I'm a bit surprised its actually happening here but I guess I shouldn't be. I don't think most people realize the implications of such draconian measures. If anything like this gets passed, there is definitely a # storm coming. apps.leg.wa.gov... -- www.infowars.com...

What other states?

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by gunshooter

Originally posted by SnakeShot

What other states?

Missouri House Democrats introduce bill that would ban assault weapons

Oregon legislators, governor put gun control on table -- but outcome in doubt

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   

˚ Sheriffs to yearly inspect homes of people who are allowed to own assault weapons for safety measures.

Three things in that sentence stand out;
1- yearly home inspections and,
2- being allowed to own a firearm and,
3- is the firearm for protection, or hunting/target-range enthusiasts?

The bill just wants people to become less legitimate, and enjoy less liberties, like having to let strangers enter your 'secure' domicile to inspect it. Like being on parole?

Who is the bogey man this time?

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Well if it passes maybe every gun owner should show up to "comply" cocked and locked the first day.....
Id bet theyll change their minds soon enough if you all insisted the goverment no longer represented the will of the people....and told them you were staying till they changed their traitorous tune.....

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   
"Shall not infringe" these laws are infringing and as such null and void according to the Constitution and can be ignored as if they never existed. It is up to the people to stand with the Constitution or stand outside it and be ignored. It's in your court Washington just like Missouri. Stand and be true.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   
As Joshua Boston stated quite simply, "Constitutional laws aren't laws". These people can try to pass insane bills that criminalize all gun owners; that doesn't mean their law holds any worth.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   
If some of these bills actually become laws - whether here in Washington state or in any other state - I'm going to have to assume that the various law enforcement agencies are going to have their hands full with thousands of reported "gun thefts". After all, you can't turn your guns in to the goverment if they have been "stolen".

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Just a thought, Who really wants to be part of the crew that is assigned to carry out the chore to take the weapons, Can you really imagine a more dangerous job? And If people find out who they are the backlash it could have on them on the home front.
edit on 15-2-2013 by thunder57 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by RalagaNarHallas

www.examiner.com... guess they dont quite know what laws they wanna pass as they are trying to pass this law as well in washington

Now in Washington State, Representatives have introduced HB 1371, The Washington State Firearms Freedom Act. "Any federal law, rule, regulation, or order created or effective on or after January 1, 2013, shall be unenforceable within the borders of Washington if the law, rule, regulation, or order attempts to: (a) Ban or restrict ownership of a semiautomatic firearm or any magazine of a firearm; or (b) Require any firearm, magazine, or other firearm accessory to be registered in any manner," the bill reads.

Washington is a goofball of a state. Along the shore you've got a nanny state in full action, regulations regarding virtually everything under the sun, and a sickeningly liberal political ethos. East of the Cascades, however, the air crackles with freedom.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join