It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meteorite Crashes in Russia

page: 97
<< 94  95  96    98  99  100 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by DangerDeath

Phage, you have fallen for political correctness. And PC is censorship.
No. I use critical thinking and I understand the concept of context. I hold no truck with political correctness.

That is one hell of a protective layer preventing people from thinking out of the Box.
Too bad most people who claim to think "outside the box", don't have the foggiest idea about what's inside it in the first place (or even know the origin of the phrase).

edit on 2/16/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

I was inspired by this Russian meteor and by this thread and I wrote a haiku. Maybe it will explain about the "black box" thingie...

Black Apple

Peeks worm from an apple
He looks – a meteor!
Quickly back, to the heart of gravity

And, for your information, what Mitchell was saying about "unity with Universe" is not very much the intent of those who send astronauts to CONQUER, not explore, the Universe...

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Has this thread veered off away from science and been taken over by science fiction????

Am I reading right are people now claiming that was a chemtrail? Deny ignorance I only see Phage and a few others doing that here.

This was an amazing event but some people are trying to hijack the event and turn it into something that does not even resemble the truth.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Maybe it will explain about the "black box" thingie...
Are you talking about the box we are all supposed to think outside of? You really don't know the origin of expression, do you?

Who said anything about conquering the universe?

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien
His [Mitchell] opinions....that you so readily trivialize, are based on what he's seen as an astronaut ....

Where does he say that?

Oh, I see, you're imagining it must be so, which makes it true.

Nobody here is arguing with his general opinions on UFOs -- this is not the place.

But it's clear that YOUR claim that MITCHELL himself criticized NASA for withholding UFO secrets, is purely your imagination speaking, because Mitchell himself never made that accusation. Never.

That pretty well summarizes the facts of dispute.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   
2 contrails?????
take a piece of paper, scrunch it up and place it in one of them wind tunnel/aerodynamic with smoke thingys and you would probably get 1/2/3/4 vapour trails....it all depends on the shape/Aerodynamics of the object in question....or.....or..... maybe when it entered our atmosphere could it have possibly broke into 2 separate chunks then 4 then 8 and so on...makes sense to me and i'm just a spray painter/idiot...

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

Am I reading right are people now claiming that was a chemtrail?

No. It was chemtrails that made it explode.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Maybe it will explain about the "black box" thingie...
Are you talking about the box we are all supposed to think outside of? You really don't know the origin of expression, do you?

Who said anything about conquering the universe?

This expression has no copyright.

Conquering the Universe is the reason states send rockets and other stuff out there.
Look at the reality, Phage.
Earth is encircled with satellites which only purpose is to control and conquer. There are other appliances, but what is the main reason to finance "exploration" of space? To conquer it. You take Armstrong's speech out of the large context - why? Do you really believe there is such thing as "isolated system"? Wishful thinking of a King, nothing more than that.

People who are, for instance, on the ISS, have a programmed schedule. None of them is there to "feel blissful". They have work to do and that work is the work of an (complex) idea.

This complex idea is a "box" which has consumed us. Natural science has a peculiar blind spot when it comes to dealing with "Emotions/Ideas Continuum", as if they never existed. However, those two rule human lives at least as much as the so called physical laws of Space/Time Continuum.

As for the meteor event in Chelyabinsk, the first concern was to check out whether it was a nuclear weapon or not. Crews were sent to measure radiation, right?

This whole thing was, true, explained in Science Fiction novels. One of the best examples is Starship Troopers by Heinlein. Remember those bugs sending asteroids from the other side of Galaxy to destroy Earth cities?

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Feb 16, 2013 3-min piece leads the Nightly News [my wrapup at 2:40]
www.nbcnews.com...

They used only a few direct words from me, but I spent half an hour with the producer and a lot of the narration words are mine, too.

[Feb 15 hit on CNBC: www.cnbc.com...]

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   

One of the best examples is Starship Troopers by Heinlein.

Yes. I actually read the book but it doesn't seem you have. You should. The movie stunk.

What does that have to do with any of what you have just scrawled?

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I'll bet my pinky finger next 20 years will be decisive in determining how to use asteroids to destroy enemy nations and rogue states.

Give them more money

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   

One of the best examples is Starship Troopers by Heinlein.

Yes. I actually read the book but it doesn't seem you have. You should. The movie stunk.

What does that have to do with any of what you have just scrawled?

Thinking outside the box (also thinking out of the box[1][2] or thinking beyond the box) is a metaphor that means to think differently, unconventionally, or from a new perspective. This phrase often refers to novel or creative thinking. The term is thought to derive from management consultants in the 1970s and 1980s challenging their clients to solve the "nine dots" puzzle, whose solution requires some lateral thinking.

The catchphrase, or cliché, has become widely used in business environments, especially by management consultants and executive coaches, and has been referenced in a number of advertising slogans. To think outside the box is to look further and to try not thinking of the obvious things, but to try thinking beyond them.

en.wikipedia.org...

You are very good at applying good ole technique of denunciation and labeling, when it comes to creative thinking. Yes, there is a science which does that, it is called Inquisition.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Hey look! You learned something. Now. Do you know what the nine dot puzzle is and how it applies?
It has to do with problem solving, not coming up with wild ideas.

Yes, there is a science which does that, it is called Inquisition.

As in Spanish Inquisition. Again, what does that have to do with anything?

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   
A meteor and asteroid: Really improbable
The probability that a meteor hits and an asteroid passes by Earth on the same day is about 1 in 100 million, a Yale professor says.

With odds like that it makes Nuclear war an odds on favourite by comparison.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by DangerDeath
I'll bet my pinky finger next 20 years will be decisive in determining how to use asteroids to destroy enemy nations and rogue states.

I'll take that bet. I'll wager my left pinky finger nail.

Someday i gotta write up the fundamental problem with steering asteroids TOWARDS a target. As your target uncertainty shrinks with closer range and improved tracking, your control authority shrinks FASTER because of the shorter effective arc. You wind up with an actual aim point outside the kill zone without the force remaining to push the path back in. Imagine a game of curling with a masked goal post setting. They raise the mask when it's already too late to push the path through the scoring zone.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by rigel4
A meteor and asteroid: Really improbable
The probability that a meteor hits and an asteroid passes by Earth on the same day is about 1 in 100 million, a Yale professor says.

With odds like that it makes Nuclear war an odds on favourite by comparison.

Which Yale professor, please?

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by rigel4

What Yale professor would that be?

There have have been more that 300 fireballs (large meteors) reported in the US this year. That's what? An average of 6 a day? In the US alone?

Ask that Yale professor what the odds are after giving him this data:
www.amsmeteors.org...

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Hey look! You learned something. Now. Do you know what the nine dot puzzle is and how it applies?
It has to do with problem solving, not coming up with wild ideas.

Yes, there is a science which does that, it is called Inquisition.

As in Spanish Inquisition. Again, what does that have to do with anything?

I have indicated and stated in my posts the political/military potential of this astronomic event. My conclusion is that there will be more money invested in conquering, not exploring, asteroids as potential weapon of control and destruction.

This fact is often ignored by purist scientists who like playing Schroedinger's pet inside their proverbial apple.

I have illustrated my understanding with quotations from two astronauts.

What else do you not understand?

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Your path of logic.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Soloprotocol

2 contrails?????
take a piece of paper, scrunch it up and place it in one of them wind tunnel/aerodynamic with smoke thingys and you would probably get 1/2/3/4 vapour trails....it all depends on the shape/Aerodynamics of the object in question....or.....or..... maybe when it entered our atmosphere could it have possibly broke into 2 separate chunks then 4 then 8 and so on...makes sense to me and i'm just a spray painter/idiot...

Thanks for that. Especially the part about entry into the atmosphere and its shape. Unusual to actually catch that on video and one is pointing right at it at the time this occurred capturing the entire event. Unbelievable.

This one will make us reset our understanding of this phenomenon.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Your path of logic.

Dark matter prevails in this Universe.

top topics

<< 94  95  96    98  99  100 >>

join