It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meteorite Crashes in Russia

page: 95
<< 92  93  94    96  97  98 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by hesse

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

I haven't seen it, but Youtube is notoriously filled with hoaxes, and old videos that are retitled every time a similar new event occurs. If anyone had a piece of “real” footage, they would sell it to the press for serious cash, not post it on Youtube for free.

The first thing that comes to mind from you're description is :
Door to hell

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by hesse

You mean this one? From 2008?

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by FireballStorm

There are a lot more random dots. But in reality, they are not 'random'. Let's call them dots of reality. Take this dot 'Phage', a sort of cross between a pharoah and a herb : one decrees and the other bit savours the meal dished up. Since not one person down here knows all, one day 'all' will really happen and nobody left to be any the wiser.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

Haha, ok I got fooled. Some idiot renamed that video to russian meteor impact crater or something like that. I havent seen the original video so thats why it shocked me. Thanks a lot for clearing that up guys!! I feel relieved.

edit on 16-2-2013 by hesse because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   
It would be nice to see a chunk of this thing...

Anybody?

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Seriously phage....
You expect folks to read headlines like this:
Mass extinction comes every 62 million years, UC physicists discover

And yet fault them because of this:

It shows extinctions of some species of marine animals on a 62 million year cycle.

the rate of extinction has varied from 70% at the highest to 15% at the lowest. There are also peaks of extinction which miss the cycle entirely and points on the cycle which do not peak.

Like everyone sits all day in their “white tower of science” combing over scientific “case law” looking for flaws in others logic.

The fault lays squarely with the scientists and institutions who make these spectacular “headlines” if there is something wrong with their “research”, not with members here who believe and repeat what these scientific organizations release as facts...

From what Wiki states, the court is still out, and there are arguments for both sides of this theory:

It has been suggested variously that extinction events occurred periodically, every 26 to 30 million years,[21] or that diversity fluctuates episodically every ~62 million years.[22] Various ideas attempt to explain the supposed pattern, including the presence of a hypothetical companion star to the sun,[23] [24] oscillations in the galactic plane, or passage through the Milky Way's spiral arms.[25] However, other authors have concluded the data on marine mass extinctions do not fit with the idea that mass extinctions are periodic, or that ecosystems gradually build up to a point at which a mass extinction is inevitable.[4] Many of the proposed correlations have been argued to be spurious.[26][27] Others have argued that there is strong evidence supporting periodicity in a variety of records, [28] and additional evidence in the form of coincident periodic variation in nonbiological geochemical variables.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   
looks as though that explosion measured a 4.0

earthquake.usgs.gov...

4.0 Date-Time Friday, February 15, 2013 at 03:20:26 UTC Friday, February 15, 2013 at 08:20:26 AM at epicenter Location 55.150°N, 61.410°E Depth 0 km (~0 mile) (poorly constrained) Region URAL MOUNTAINS REGION, RUSSIA Distances 6 km (4 miles) S (185°) from Chelyabinsk, Russia 113 km (70 miles) E (90°) from Zlatoust, Russia 150 km (94 miles) S (190°) from Kamensk-Uralskiy, Russia 802 km (499 miles) NW (307°) from ASTANA (Tselinograd), Kazakhstan Location Uncertainty horizontal +/- 999.9 km (621.3 miles); depth +/- 999.9 km (621.3 miles) Parameters Nph= 0, Dmin=0 km, Rmss=0 sec, Gp= 0, M-type=body wave magnitude (Mb), Version=N Source Magnitude: USGS NEIC (WDCS-D) Location: Special NEIS solution Event ID usc000f7rz

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Hi,

Here's why I'm relating this back to chem trails: chem trails are a phenomenon that occurs in the sky, and there has been much speculation as to what their purpose is. Meteors are also a phenomenon that occurs in the sky. That's the connection.

To say that flying through a chem trail is the same as flying through a cloud, implies that they are identical. I don't believe a chem trail has the same composition as a cloud.

Most of what I have read and watched about chem trails talks about high aluminum and barium content in the trails, hence the reason I mentioned aluminum.

If you have a hot meteor entering the atmosphere, and it makes contact with a layer of aluminum particles, it could heat up the aluminum to ignition temperature, thereby causing the meteor to burn up sooner than normal.

I'm not stating that this is the case, but putting the theory out there. I acknowledge that the entire chem trail subject is based on speculation, but that is our only option, since we are not being told anything. What we do know for certain is the skies are being sprayed with something.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   
whoa!

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I don't claim to be physic, but several days ago I stated on ATS that I felt the whole "Dorner" situation was the work of shape shifting Reptilian drones who were trying to bait us into killing one of them, which would then spark the Reptilian empire to declare war on the human race. I have no doubts that this "meteor" was a Reptilian cruise missle, a warning shot if you will. Their plot worked, we killed a Reptilian shape shifting scout drone. We need to monitor the skies for Reptilian Komodo warships the next few weeks. The Reptilian empire is now VERY angry at us. We may have gotten off lucky, they typically spare the species that they give warning shots too. But they could change their minds at any time. I will be ready. Will you?

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by jrtallent

Here's why I'm relating this back to chem trails: chem trails are a phenomenon that occurs in the sky,
Here's where you go wrong. What you are calling "chemtrails" are contrails. Ice crystals which have condensed and frozen.

Most of what I have read and watched about chem trails talks about high aluminum and barium content in the trails, hence the reason I mentioned aluminum.
Then most of what you read and watch is nonsense. You should try reading and watching something factual. There is no evidence that contrails have high concentrations of aluminum and barium.

it could heat up the aluminum to ignition temperature, thereby causing the meteor to burn up sooner than normal.
Do you know how hot a meteor is when it reaches the stratosphere?

What we do know for certain is the skies are being sprayed with something.
No. We do not.

edit on 2/16/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by jrtallent
I acknowledge that the entire chem trail subject is based on speculation, but that is our only option, since we are not being told anything.

It's not that people aren't being told anything, but simply that what they are told does not agree with those who fervently believe in the existence of “chemtrails” despite all the evidence to the contrary. Aircraft exhaust, and the reasons why there are more persistent contrails, have been researched and the facts have been published for all to see. Simply put, there are those out there who make their living on the “theory” of “chemtrails”, and they will never be happy with the fact that contrail persistence is related to changes in modern aircraft engines running temperatures.

edit on 2/16/2013 by defcon5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

The fault lays squarely with the scientists and institutions who make these spectacular “headlines” if there is something wrong with their “research”, not with members here who believe and repeat what these scientific organizations release as facts...
No.
The claim we are talking about came from no scientific organization. It came from a site which proclaims "The New Age is Here". A site which completely misrepresents any valid studies and makes a baseless claim about what is really in those studies.

It isn't scientists and institutions which write the headlines, its "the press". And it's the same people who decry "the press" when it says something they don't like who accept it when it says something they do.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

There are several videos on Youtube with this experiment.
What happens when you throw hot water at air temperature of -30C?
You can only imagine what a blazing meteor will do when entering atmosphere. Burning meteor will release lots of smoke, depending of compounds that make it, and turn frozen water into visible vapor.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

There was still another to pass by on Friday. Are you here just to annoy people? If so, you do a mighty fine job! Tell your boss/es you want a paid vacation, perhaps to the alien base on the other side of the moon? heh!heh!
Good Night!

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Bkrmn

There was still another to pass by on Friday.

That's the one we are talking about.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Where were all the Zinc factory workers at 0920, surprisingly there weren't any fatalities.

Oh and just to annoy those that hate those that question....

....that Zinc factory wall ''shock wave'' explosion looks like a very neat curve for a structural weak spot stress implosion...hmmm

the neatest meteorite....ever
edit on 16-2-2013 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Fascists like to believe that order in Universe is something like a Nazi parade, chain command and responsibility only to the absolute authority. So, they try to profit by denying free will (coincidence) and asking more money to finance their paranoia

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   
About that wall on Zinc factory, my guess is - part of it was taken down by falling roof structure.

top topics

<< 92  93  94    96  97  98 >>

join