It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meteorite Crashes in Russia

page: 94
<< 91  92  93    95  96  97 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

are based on what he's seen as an astronaut

What has he seen as an astronaut? Can you provide some examples because from what I've seen he claims no personal experience.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by theabsolutetruth

Yes, believing everything is a conspiracy is crazy. In fact, I think it's the definition of being bat sh!t crazy.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by AndyMayhew

Originally posted by theabsolutetruth

Also, the ice hole, as I suspected was NOT caused by that meteor. There's a whole chunk of proof.

Well all the chunks of proof that it was caused by an object smashing into the ice at speed are visible all around the hole

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

While you are at it, care to speculate where these people/beings flying the mile wide and longer crafts are storing them?

Care to speculate what might have possibly happened to those fighter jets that magically disappeared in thin air while chasing anomalous aerial objects? BTW, there are quite a few encounters that fit the bill.

Care to speculate on those large objects hovering over military bases that reportedly rose from close to ground level to the edge of space in a matter of mere seconds?

Where are these fantastic objects/crafts stored? Are they cloaking before parking the mile-plus long crafts in ocean bases or maybe in mountain ranges far away from civilization? Just speculation needed. Nothing more.

I mean, we spend hours and hundreds of pages arguing and debating on silly topics such as what is real vs what is imagined or what some so-call experts describe as "mass hallucinations", etc.

Shall we spend some time delving into this topic some more? I think a lot of folks would appreciate this type of discussion.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Jaellma

Shall we spend some time delving into this topic some more? I think a lot of folks would appreciate this type of discussion.

Ok. Let's start with, what does it have to do with the topic? Or even, did Mitchell ever say anything about anything like that?

edit on 2/16/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Apparently the guys over at UC felt it was sufficient evidence to release the theory under those exact headlines all over the press and television. I've seen that “theory” mentioned all over the place (Discovery, NatGeo, etc) in the years since then. You cannot blame the public for repeating what they read/hear from supposedly credible scientists.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

It has as much to do with this topic as it has to do with the current discussion on character assassination and Edgar Mitchell's opinions, as you carefully put it.

Just continuing the side discussions. If you feel it is not important or it's irrelevant, we can always continue it in another thread. Up to you.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

Did I say there was something wrong with it?

Now tell me what it has to do with this:

The fact is that every thirty million years all life on Earth comes close to extinction

link   

Originally posted by JimOberg
It's up to "500 kilotons" now.

Originally posted by DangerDeath

Originally posted by Chadwickus
reply to post by DangerDeath

More like 300 kilotons according to preliminary analysis from NASA

No wonder they mobilized 20.000 people. This could have been a real H-bomb, how could have they known so fast what it was?

Obviously, they don't know what's a kiloton

link   

Originally posted by Phage

are based on what he's seen as an astronaut

What has he seen as an astronaut? Can you provide some examples because from what I've seen he claims no personal experience.

The old 'could you provide proof' method on here is so spent...it's exhausting.

The information is out there. Educate yourself. Put down the text books and read the testimonies. But then you'll have the tedious task of deciphering what's real (heartfelt) and what's bullchit but....it's worth it. Trust!

Gordon Mitchell is a fine honorable man. He's my neighbor. Not that that makes any difference but if you're a people person (opposed to a 'text' or 'media' person) you can read others and spot sincerity. Mr Mitchell is more than sincere and has no agenda attached to his existence.

So my suggestion to you is: get off ATS and stop being our resident debunker and listen to your fellow Human being who has a lot of 'off the record' information to share

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Jaellma

If you feel it is not important or it's irrelevant, we can always continue it in another thread. Up to you.

Definitely irrelevant to the meteor in Russia.
Important? Another matter of opinion
I've been through discussions about Mitchell often enough, thank you.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Gordon Mitchell is a fine honorable man. He's my neighbor.

Who is Gordon Mitchell? I thought we were talking about Edgar Mitchell.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Gordon Mitchell is a fine honorable man. He's my neighbor.

Who is Gordon Mitchell? I thought we were talking about Edgar Mitchell.

Sorry. You're right. I was multitasking and got multi-confused

Edgar Mitchell is whom I refer to.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   
One of Mitchell's quotations:

“You develop an instant global consciousness, a people orientation, an intense dissatisfaction with the state of the world, and a compulsion to do something about it. From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch.”
― Edgar D. Mitchell

"Look at that, you son of a bitch...!"

And Neil Armstrong said:

"Today we have with us a group of students, among America's best. To you we say we have only completed a beginning. We leave you much that is undone. There are great ideas undiscovered, breakthroughs available to those who can remove one of the truth's protective layers. There are places to go beyond belief..."

"Truth's protective layers..."

There could be a reason for no Moon base so far. When people come to Moon and get the right perspective on what politician's are doing with their pettiness, they simply won't obey them anymore.

edit on 16-2-2013 by DangerDeath because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   

reply to post by defcon5

Did I say there was something wrong with it?

Now tell me what it has to do with this:

The fact is that every thirty million years all life on Earth comes close to extinction

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

You've lost me on what you're looking for. Is it “extinction vs drop in bio-diversity”? Is it the 30 vs 60 year time frame? All these things have been stated by scientists, then repeated by the public. Folks are not making this up...
Raup, DM; Sepkoski Jr, JJ (1984). "Periodicity of extinctions in the geologic past". Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America 81 (3): 801–5

The temporal distribution of the major extinctions over the past 250 million years has been investigated statistically using various forms of time series analysis. The analyzed record is based on variation in extinction intensity for fossil families of marine vertebrates, invertebrates, and protozoans and contains 12 extinction events. The 12 events show a statistically significant periodicity (P less than 0.01) with a mean interval between events of 26 million years. Two of the events coincide with extinctions that have been previously linked to meteorite impacts (terminal Cretaceous and Late Eocene). Although the causes of the periodicity are unknown, it is possible that they are related to extraterrestrial forces (solar, solar system, or galactic).

Does that solve the issue or am I still missing the point here?

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   
From what I understand the asteroid was coming from the South...the meteor that hit Russia came from the North so it was not a fragment of the asteroid. It came from somewhere else.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Ok guys. What happened to that youtube video that was shared all over facebook of the russia impact site? The video that showed a guys standing infront of this huge crater with flames and smoke coming out? I was posted by blacklisted´s like page. It was only on facebook for like 5 - 10 minutes, I shared it straight away and it was gone, deleted from FB when I went to check about 2 min later. It really freaked me out. It was the most disturbing video of all the russia metoer videos to me. I was at work so I didn´t think about downloading it to my pc at the time. I even searched youtube with the exact name of the video, but couldn´t find it minutes after posting it to my wall.

So I wondering if anyone know what im talking about? This has been in the back of my mind and I had to post this here.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

Does that solve the issue or am I still missing the point here?

Apparently you are.
First you referred to Muller and Rohde. Their study does not show mass extinctions on a 30 million year cycle. It shows extinctions of some species of marine animals on a 62 million year cycle. Their study is fine and very interesting but it does not indicate:

You now referenced Raup and Sepokoski who found a 26 million year cycle in extinctions of marine animals. According to them, in the past 250 million years, the rate of extinction has varied from 70% at the highest to 15% at the lowest. There are also peaks of extinction which miss the cycle entirely and points on the cycle which do not peak. This study does not indicate:

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

edit on 2/16/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 91  92  93    95  96  97 >>

join