It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meteorite Crashes in Russia

page: 93
<< 90  91  92    94  95  96 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by canucks555

There aren't too many around here that would be accused of being acute.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by JimOberg

But in terms that HA clearly intended, UFO secrets, I think he's careless about confusing imaginative wishes with actual facts. Can you name ANY astronaut who has said that NASA is 'not forthcoming' about the UFO subject?

A single documented, checkable example, please.

Or retract your slur.

"Government" @4:18
"No doubt we are being visited" @7:33
"Told to shut up about it" @14:25

Now Mr O....please retire. Your services only appealed to the conservative compliant and complacent generation who only 'knew' what they were told.
We no longer need to be told. We are independent thinkers now. We see, experience and know on our own. We don't need to be TOLD what's real. Therefore we no longer need your (dis)service.
So please accept this (metaphorically speaking) lovely gold watch and have yourself a nice retirement!

PS. Alien life is not only real but....here!
It's not only an integral part of our past....it's a stepping stone to understanding our future.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by theabsolutetruth
reply to post by flexy123

"" 18:40 GMT: The search for meteorite parts at Chebarkul Lake and at two other locations has officially been stopped. The huge ice hole found at the lake on Friday “has formed because of a different reason,” the Vice-Governor of Chelyabinsk region Igor Murog told Interfax-Ural. ""

As I suspected, that ice hole looks very man made.

Apologies on a postcard.
edit on 16-2-2013 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

And Vladimir Zhirinovsky said that this was a clandestine American weapons test. I guess we should blindly believe that too. You probably do because it fits your "nothing is ever as it seems" mentality.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Thanks that makes sense. I never fell for any of the conspiracy theories dealing with this but I understand why you said it. I do not understand why some people usually the same people try to turn everything into a conspiracy. It is precisely because of those people that it is hard to take any conspiracy theory serious. There mindset seems to be that because there MSM has lied before anything that happens must be a lie the same reasoning applies to the government. I am not saying it doesn’t happen but they go overboard with it to where the adage take it with a grain of salt has turned into take it with a truck load of salt.

Anyway do they know how big it actually was because I have read 10 tons to 40 tons which I don’t rust either figure and that is a big gap between the two.

BTW what is the proper term for the trails left behind?
edit on 16-2-2013 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

I'm quite aware of Mr Mitchell's opinions. I am less aware of any personal experiences on which he bases those opinions.
edit on 2/16/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by theabsolutetruth

Also, the ice hole, as I suspected was NOT caused by that meteor. There's a whole chunk of proof.

Well all the chunks of proof that it was caused by an object smashing into the ice at speed are visible all around the hole

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   
We'll be discussing this thread on ATS Live tonight - more info here

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I'm scheduled for a hit on NBC Nightly tonight, with mitigation justifications....

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien

Originally posted by fleabit

Of course they do. I do agree that you are clearly no expert.

And of course it was a meteor. You know folks, natural events really DO occur on a regular basis. Around here, it is as if all natural phenomena stopped being natural in the last 100 years. Every tornado, storm, hurricane, earthquake, and seemingly asteroid, is blamed instead on the HAARP "superweapon, weapon experiments, underground base building, aliens and who knows what else.

You're right on both accounts fleabit. Natural events DO occur. That's a given. But we're now at a point of our....evolution?....where the blinders have fallen off and the real world, as confusing as it is at times, has been exposed. It's like an infant looking at a motherboard.

Many of us instinctively don't believe what's being told. Whether that's a blessing or an hindrance really depends. But we're left deciding by way of deciphering..... what's fact and what's fake.

In the year 2013, we're all dealing with known corrupt governments who controls everything including the media which also includes the mouth pieces from NASA. We're not making that up. That comes directly from former astronauts who have said NASA is not forthcoming. So that right there ----we face a huge stumbling block.

Then we have the flip side where our own peers are out to dupe us too with fake CGI and now, phone apps.
So is it any wonder why half, if not more, of us question everything? And questioning the media should be a course given in school if you ask me.

We're living in different times. A simple hurricane may be the result of the Navy doing something with our weather now. Ordinary earthquakes are now being blamed on fracking when they're not blamed on HAARP.

So fleabit, I ask you wholeheartedly....do you REALLY blame some of us for not taking anything at face value anymore? That's not to say we resist it entirely but the initial acceptance is now a lost art form!
edit on 16-2-2013 by Human_Alien because: (no reason given)

Human, I completely agree with you and I see where you're coming from, but I think people can go too far in their questioning. So far, that it hurts the cause that ATS ultimately stands for, and it makes others group all conspiracy theorists as lunatics. The world governments have shown time and time again they can't be trusted. It seems like these days, though, people on here want to question every event to the point where I ask myself does this person actually believe what they're writing? And too many times the people that are questioning these events have no knowledge of the subject and are just spreading their uneducated conjecture.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Relating this back to chem trails...

Some observations have been made about the angle at which the meteor came in, that it came in at a shallow angle, so that its explosion occurred at a high altitude and did less damage than it could have.

My question is, could the composition of chem trails act as sort of a barrier, creating a layer which would greatly increase the drag on incoming objects, thereby slowing them down, or serving to angle their trajectory to a more shallow one to minimize damage? Or would the meteor run into a layer of aluminum particles which would cause the meteor to explode much sooner than it normally would?

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by jrtallent

Relating this back to chem trails...
Why?

My question is, could the composition of chem trails act as sort of a barrier,
No more than a cirrus cloud can. In other words, no.

Or would the meteor run into a layer of aluminum particles
What aluminum particles?

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by theabsolutetruth

The fact is that every thirty million years all life on Earth comes close to extinction

Where can evidence of this fact be found?
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

I believe that the guys over at UC Berkeley were the first ones to discover the possible cycle:
Mass extinction comes every 62 million years, UC physicists discover

"We've tried everything we can think of to find an explanation for these weird cycles of biodiversity and extinction," Muller said, "and so far, we've failed."

But the cycles are so clear that the evidence "simply jumps out of the data," said James Kirchner, a professor of earth and planetary sciences on the Berkeley campus who was not involved in the research but who has written a commentary on the report that is also appearing in Nature today.

Mass Extinctions: Frequency

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

That statistical analysis showing change levels of biodiversity is interesting but it is not evidence for:

The fact is that every thirty million years all life on Earth comes close to extinction

link   
reply to post by theabsolutetruth

It's been hilarious reading everyone's rebuttal to everything you've had to say and you not being able to back up one bit of it. but I'm done with this. You can't argue with stupid. And for the record, that's how this works. You question something, you have some speck of evidence to back it up. Your personal opinion just isn't credible enough to hold any weight.

link   

I'm quite aware of Mr Mitchell's opinions. I am less aware of any personal experiences on which he bases those opinions.

I see. So when a 'professional' speaks....you just assassinate their character based on their 'professional' opinion?

So they were good enough to explore space as representatives of planet Earth but become questionable when their professional opinions don't jive with main-stream?

Pathetic!!!

I expected a little more from you Phage.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   

I see. So when a 'professional' speaks....you just assassinate their character based on their 'professional' opinion?

Who's character did I assassinate?
I said I was aware of Mitchell's opinions. Everyone is entitled to their opinions.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by stopbeingnaive

Human, I completely agree with you and I see where you're coming from, but I think people can go too far in their questioning. So far, that it hurts the cause that ATS ultimately stands for,.............

Perhaps it's time to question ATS objective, no?

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Who's character did I assassinate?
I said I was aware of Mitchell's opinions. Everyone is entitled to their opinions.

His opinions....that you so readily trivialize, are based on what he's seen as an astronaut and what he's heard and what he's been told to be quiet about.

This is a professional astronaut. So show some respect and don't question him. (isn't that how it works?)

If he was an employee of NASA still (like Oberg is) you'd stand shoulder to shoulder with him agreeing on everything he says....

So admit it...because he's 'out of the box' you and the Oberg's out there try to discredit him. Show some respect.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   

You could be right. Because the way I see it, that motto deny ignorance is a joke

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by stopbeingnaive

EVERY comement on here is OPINION.

There's a FACT for you. Your comments are OPINIONS, just because somebody questions something doesn't make them crazy or believing everything as a conspiracy, only others on here suggested such things. I didn't. It is an age old tactic of baiting, do you not understand.

top topics

<< 90  91  92    94  95  96 >>

join