It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meteorite Crashes in Russia

page: 92
<< 89  90  91    93  94  95 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Just to note, it's not a meteorite until it's crashed. So the title of this thread should correctly read. Meteor crashes in Russia. Not burstin bubbles... I just love space/ meteorites/ and stuff like that and it's bothersome to see that!

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by gemdog

I agree that it's all exciting and amazing, nonetheless. I feel lucky to be alive and aware during such an interesting time. I remember a standup comedian doing a funny bit about dying in the apocalypse vs. choking on a ham sandwich. It was something like, if the apocalypse happened now, we may die younger than we'd hoped, but at least in Heaven we could brag "You choked on a sandwich and died? Yeah, I went out in the MUTHAFU**IN' APOCALYPSE, BITCHES!! It was awesome!"

General Patton used to tell his troops something like that in his famous "blood and guts" speech to new troops under his command.

It has fallen to your generation to enter a great quest, to rid the world of Nazis. You might die but would you rather die in your bed or a car wreck? Or be a part of the greatest crusade of all time... (or something like that).

I think it matters more how we lived actually. But I get you.

Edit: If you're into this kind of thing. Warning: T&C violations up the well, "enema chute".

edit on 16-2-2013 by intrptr because: T&C warning...

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by youthsavior

But...it did crash and therefore was a meteorite.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by youthsavior

if we are going to get pedantic about it then we might as well change the thread title to "meteor and earth in head on collision"....just saying..

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I don't know what the current casualty count... over a thousand? Some portion or majority of which got glass in the face? Because they "saw a flash" and ran to the window to peer out?

When the shockwave hit, their rosy cheeks were pinned to the glass. They should have listened to Bert the Turtle.

Do they have a Russian "Mikhlov the Minx" or something?

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr
I don't know what the current casualty count... over a thousand? Some portion or majority of which got glass in the face? Because they "saw a flash" and ran to the window to peer out?

When the shockwave hit, their rosy cheeks were pinned to the glass. They should have listened to Bert the Turtle.

excellent....

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   
There are TWO incredible coincidences:

* This (now) 500 kton, 17m and 10.000t "one in one hundred years" meteorite came down at the same day as as the world was anticipating the pass odd DA 14 - I know that this has debated 1000 times and there is no relationship to the asteroid - BUT, kids, WHAT ARE THOSE ODDS?

It gets even better:

* There was indeed another meteorite fall in 1949, 60km W of Chelyabinsk (Google Kunashak meteorite)
I also think this is a remarkable coincidence.

Here is an update:

""
18:40 GMT: The search for meteorite parts at Chebarkul Lake and at two other locations has officially been stopped. The huge ice hole found at the lake on Friday “has formed because of a different reason,” the Vice-Governor of Chelyabinsk region Igor Murog told Interfax-Ural.
""

I read this as they are considering the hole NOT being caused by the meteorite?
edit on 16-2-2013 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-2-2013 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grimpachi
This is a little off topic but I think it applies. Can anyone explain why an object such as the space shuttle gave off multiple sonic booms when re-entering it is one object so why two or three booms?

I asked this question a few pages back yesterday but no one answered. Some people said there were like 8 sonic booms I would just like to know how. If the shuttle can give off 2 or 3 why did the meteor give off more is it the speed, size, or because it broke into smaller pieces? I think the big one was when it exploded it reminded me of when I did demolitions but can anyone tell me for certain.

Please if you don’t know don’t offer your guess as fact I have a hard enough time sorting through the credible posts on here from the asinine ones. I swear this is not a good place to look for factual information it is worse than MSM in many ways. There are some people here that know what they are talking about but then there are the others that seem to live in an alternate universe.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

or because it broke into smaller pieces?

One object became many, each producing its own sonic boom. Thats the conjecture anyway.

About :30 into here...

edit on 16-2-2013 by intrptr because: YoutTube

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   
For the love of God can you guys just quit the "what is a meteorite" debate?
You'd think that after all day yesterday, (100 posts) one or two of you would have figured it out by now, and the rest of you would get tired of explaining it.
"What is a meteorite"? Go to Wiki. You dont need to explain it or ask what it is 67 times.
-Doesn't take a "forum Genius" to figure out that it's getting stale.

edit on 16-2-2013 by canucks555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by flexy123

Dunno...

Should it take this long to find at least one bit of a ten ton rock that blew itself all over the Urals and get it up on here?

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   
What I am really asking is, how many objects were they since like I said the shuttle can give off multiple sonic booms and that is one object.

Sorry but there are 92 pages here filled with dis information.

I would also like to know did they manage to hit it with any missiles? If they did how? What was the speed and at what altitude?

BTW the meteor meteorite debate is very old like another here has said. It was a big rock hat fell to earth I think that is good enough for most.
edit on 16-2-2013 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   

What I am really asking is, how many objects were they since like I said the shuttle can give off multiple sonic booms and that is one object.

There was one object which fragmented. The shuttle can produce a "double" sonic boom with one shockwave produced by its nose and one by its tail.
www.vibrationdata.com...

I would also like to know did they manage to hit it with any missiles.
No. And they didn't try to.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Thank you Phage you are one of the people who I trust here. So the multiple sonic booms come from the points that jot out from the meteor? I am really curious about the multiple contrail is it from one object or two?

Thanks for the confirmation on the rockets I had said on page 30 or something that it would be next to impossible to hit it with a missile the only possibility would be intercepting from in front of it. Not that I would even see how they could react in time or the purpose for doing so.

There are some real retarded posts on here from some people IMO and like I said it is hard to sift through some of the disinformation like the reports of missiles being used to take it down.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by flexy123
There are TWO incredible coincidences:

* This (now) 500 kton, 17m and 10.000t "one in one hundred years" meteorite came down at the same day as as the world was anticipating the pass odd DA 14 - I know that this has debated 1000 times and there is no relationship to the asteroid - BUT, kids, WHAT ARE THOSE ODDS?

Well there are several bolides every week and several NEOs pass by every year (that we know of)

The odds of the two occurring around the same time are actually quite small.

That the one was the largest n recent years and the other the closest in recent years is coincidence. And coincidences are actually quite common.

If DA14 had not been quite so close - say it was the 4th closest NAO in the past year - and not been visibe through binoculars, it would have recieved very little if any publicity

Think about it

link   
reply to post by flexy123

"" 18:40 GMT: The search for meteorite parts at Chebarkul Lake and at two other locations has officially been stopped. The huge ice hole found at the lake on Friday “has formed because of a different reason,” the Vice-Governor of Chelyabinsk region Igor Murog told Interfax-Ural. ""

As I suspected, that ice hole looks very man made.

Apologies on a postcard.
edit on 16-2-2013 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by theabsolutetruth

Once again you come crying about people bullying you for questioning scientific reason. YOU HAVE NOT GIVEN ANY SCIENTIFIC PROOF THAT THERE IS SOMETHING AMISS HERE!!!!
You saying that the hole in the ice does not look right to you holds no credible weight. What qualifies you to speculate on the crater? How many meteorite craters have you studied?

edit on 16-2-2013 by stopbeingnaive because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   

The multiple booms could have been caused by individual fragments causing sonic booms. Or they could have been the result of separate fragmentation "events", larger pieces breaking into smaller and producing a shock wave each time.

The trail (I wouldn't call it a contrail) appears to be from a single object. It seems to start as a single trail, splits for a while, then becomes single again.

edit on 2/16/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by Grimpachi

Sorry but there are 92 pages here filled with dis information.

I would also like to know did they manage to hit it with any missiles? If they did how? What was the speed and at what altitude?

BTW the meteor meteorite debate is very old like another here has said. It was a big rock hat fell to earth I think that is good enough for most.
edit on 16-2-2013 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

imagine a 50 tonne rock exploding in mid air ,creating a huge debris field with rocks the size of bowling balls traveling at speeds of 30,000 k/m .. that.s a lot of sonic booms .... considering it was traveling 10 times faster than any thing we have ,i'd say its safe to say the explosion was due to heat and pressure

no conspiracy ...but a truly historic event capturing the whole event on video........

it even had some of our smarter members commenting that it wasn't a meteorite.....guess what... they were wrong ..... no names mentioned of course

link   
reply to post by stopbeingnaive

Scientific proof...for questioning something, get real.

Did you provide ''scientific proof'' for anything that implies unquestionability of those pictures? No, so shush.

Also, the ice hole, as I suspected was NOT caused by that meteor. There's a whole chunk of proof.

new topics

top topics

<< 89  90  91    93  94  95 >>

join