It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meteorite Crashes in Russia

page: 91
<< 88  89  90    92  93  94 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   

I'm no expert, but I do know that meteors do not explode. They can burn up with a lot of crackling if your close enough to hear, or they can crash. They do not explode, so this was not a meteor.

Of course they do. I do agree that you are clearly no expert.

And of course it was a meteor. You know folks, natural events really DO occur on a regular basis. Around here, it is as if all natural phenomena stopped being natural in the last 100 years. Every tornado, storm, hurricane, earthquake, and seemingly asteroid, is blamed instead on the HAARP "superweapon, weapon experiments, underground base building, aliens and who knows what else.

There are scores of asteroid craters on all planets we look it. Our moon is covered in the suckers. And yet people act as if now that they can concoct some fantastical theory about what it could be instead, an asteroid is an impossible choice.

It looked like an asteroid, reacted like an asteroid, the resultant booms were characteristic of an asteroid... sometimes a duck really is a duck people.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr
reply to post by gemdog

Should I be comforted thinking we have a system in place, or pissed I'm being lied to, or uncomfortable knowing they don't know at which point upon entry to blow it up safely?

Theres no need to be mad or afraid. Its over. The once every hundred year rock has come. As far as we know, nobody died.

You don't seem to understand the nature of stochastic processes such as meteor impacts. The odds of the NEXT one have NOTHING to do with the occurrence of the previous one.

So you seem to be saying that since we've just had our one-in-century fireball, we're off the hook now for a long time unrtil the odds begin climbing again.

That's an incorrect interpretation [if that's what you actually were implying -- sorry if I misunderstood].

The dice have no memory. People who think they do are suckers, who deserve to get expensive lessons at the craps table. I love playing poker with people who think that way.

the odds of an impact tomorrow are exactly the same as the odds were a week ago.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by JimOberg

Also seeing as the Solar System is entering a trepidatious part of the galaxy with increased risk from the Kuiper Belt and Oort cloud, these things have an increased chance of happening.
edit on 16-2-2013 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 09:24 AM
link   
I think I might have found out what really caused the "meteor"...

lol sorry I couldn't resist

edit on 16-2-2013 by ArchaicDesigns because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Obviously the very idea of meteorite interception is anathema to the thought processes of many on ATS, though there are advanced technologies that aren't yet public with regards to intelligent heat seeking hypersonic missiles capable of traversing vast areas in minutes.

Here is an example of some made public.

Advanced Hypersonic Weapon (AHW)

A hypersonic flying missile that can strike a target anywhere in the world in just 30 minutes has been unveiled by the U.S. military. The Advanced Hypersonic Weapon (AHW), which travels five times the speed of sound, was successfully tested yesterday.

The Pentagon did not reveal how fast the AHW, which unlike traditional ballistic missiles can be manoeuvred, reached.

Spokesman Lieutenant Colonel Melinda Morgan said the test was aimed at gathering data on 'aerodynamics, navigation, guidance and control, and thermal protection technologies'.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by fleabit

And of course it was a meteor. You know folks, natural events really DO occur on a regular basis. Around here, it is as if all natural phenomena stopped being natural in the last 100 years. Every tornado, storm, hurricane, earthquake, and seemingly asteroid, is blamed instead on the HAARP "superweapon, weapon experiments, underground base building, aliens and who knows what else.

You're right on both accounts fleabit. Natural events DO occur. That's a given. But we're now at a point of our....evolution?....where the blinders have fallen off and the real world, as confusing as it is at times, has been exposed. It's like an infant looking at a motherboard.

Many of us instinctively don't believe what's being told. Whether that's a blessing or an hindrance really depends. But we're left deciding by way of deciphering..... what's fact and what's fake.

In the year 2013, we're all dealing with known corrupt governments who controls everything including the media which also includes the mouth pieces from NASA. We're not making that up. That comes directly from former astronauts who have said NASA is not forthcoming. So that right there ----we face a huge stumbling block.

Then we have the flip side where our own peers are out to dupe us too with fake CGI and now, phone apps.
So is it any wonder why half, if not more, of us question everything? And questioning the media should be a course given in school if you ask me.

We're living in different times. A simple hurricane may be the result of the Navy doing something with our weather now. Ordinary earthquakes are now being blamed on fracking when they're not blamed on HAARP.

So fleabit, I ask you wholeheartedly....do you REALLY blame some of us for not taking anything at face value anymore? That's not to say we resist it entirely but the initial acceptance is now a lost art form!
edit on 16-2-2013 by Human_Alien because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien
In the year 2013, we're all dealing with known corrupt governments who controls everything including the media which also includes the mouth pieces from NASA. We're not making that up. That comes directly from former astronauts who have said NASA is not forthcoming. So that right there ----we face a huge stumbling block.

I can testify that NASA was not forthcoming about its decaying safety culture in the late 1990's -- it's why I actually DID testify before Congress about it, and why I left the program in 1997, unable to stop the parade towards another space shuttle disaster.

But in terms that HA clearly intended, UFO secrets, I think he's careless about confusing imaginative wishes with actual facts. Can you name ANY astronaut who has said that NASA is 'not forthcoming' about the UFO subject?

A single documented, checkable example, please.

Or retract your slur.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by theabsolutetruth

Also seeing as the Solar System is entering a trepidatious part of the galaxy with increased risk from the Kuiper Belt and Oort cloud, these things have an increased chance of happening.

Yes, I agree. Historically, comet appearances as well as meteor storms do seem to come in century-long-period surges. The problem is, does this just reflect observer and historical record biases, or a real physical effect.

In any case, disturbances in the Kuiper belt take centuries to reach the inner solar system.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by fleabit

I'm no expert, but I do know that meteors do not explode. They can burn up with a lot of crackling if your close enough to hear, or they can crash. They do not explode, so this was not a meteor.

There are scores of asteroid craters on all planets we look it. Our moon is covered in the suckers. And yet people act as if now that they can concoct some fantastical theory about what it could be instead, an asteroid is an impossible choice.

It looked like an asteroid, reacted like an asteroid, the resultant booms were characteristic of an asteroid... sometimes a duck really is a duck people.

Al Gore said it was man made global warming that attracted the meteorite.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   
All is connected :
The Pope's resignation - the horseburgers - the meteor in Russia - the meteor in Cuba - human irrationality, as per the Three Scottish avalanches - the latests asteroid's nearest miss (there will be others) - the two coming comets - the arrival of Beckham in Paris - semites getting more semitic by the minute - and of course the New Ice Age which has already started.
Add all these dots and what do you come up with?

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by mclinking
Add all these dots and what do you come up with?

Join up enough random dots and you can come up with any picture you want. It doesn't mean the picture you come up with bares any resemblance to actual reality.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by ChesterJohn

Did he?
Can you quote that?

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
reply to post by ChesterJohn

Did he?
Can you quote that?

I was a pun meant to garner a laugh.

Not a factual remark.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by oddnutz

Sorry also, I was kind of heavy handed with the cynicism too.

Thanks for the link.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by JimOberg

Originally posted by Human_Alien

Can you name ANY astronaut who has said that NASA is 'not forthcoming' about the UFO subject?

Or retract your slur.

Seriously, not trying to pick a fight.

But, several ex-astronauts question NASA's honesty about UFO's.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   

You don't seem to understand the nature of stochastic processes such as meteor impacts. The odds of the NEXT one have NOTHING to do with the occurrence of the previous one.

I know that. Odds are just that. Odds. I think I was trying to soothe the posters "question" on being angry or afraid?

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by JimOberg

But in terms that HA clearly intended, UFO secrets, I think he's careless about confusing imaginative wishes with actual facts. Can you name ANY astronaut who has said that NASA is 'not forthcoming' about the UFO subject?

Or retract your slur.

"Slur?"
You lose your credibility and professionalism with each passing day Mr O!

Here's a quote:

NASA scientist, David Baker said, "There were a lot of people within the program who went off later and became convinced that UFOs existed and that led to some concern on NASA's part where they got the agreement of the crew never to publicly talk about these things for fear of ridicule."

When I come across a sound byte or news article from an astronauts I'll post it. But I am not going to go out of my way to defend a defenseless paradigm with you anymore. I know the truth. And you either do too or.....you're short wired and programmed not to see beyond the veil. If that's the case that's your impediment not mine.

All you do is force fit prosaic explanations for EVERYTHING regarding 'space' and never once leave ANYTHING as 'unexplained'. You are truly a godllike answer-man for this planet!!

But alas.....sadly, as this generation of pioneer astronauts die off, hopefully some, if not all, will leave a death bed confessional regarding the truth about our planet and existence. And I can only pray.....you're named as a co-conspirator and/or accomplice to the cover up Mr O.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   

There are a lot of scientific reports that the planet is long overdue a major event, and the increased risk of large asteroids and comets being sent Earthwards is one of those major risks.

www.nasca.org.uk...

Denser star fields.

The reason for this pessimism is that various points along the Earth’s journey around the Galaxy bring it into considerably denser fields of stars and space debris. Essentially the Earth’s path is similar to a fair ground carousel bobbing up and down but still carried onwards and around the centre of the Galaxy. At times this bobbing brings it into tightly packed areas of stars and this is when the principal danger occurs.

This danger is manifold bringing with it the risk of immersion in swirling clouds of toxic space dust or exposure to the immense forces of supernovas - exploding stars that even at distances of hundreds of light years can still generate destructive forces capable of wiping out all life on Earth. Yet potent though these forces are the main danger is from the proximity of nearby stars. As the Earth bobs into denser star regions the gravity from these stars is capable of dragging in comets and asteroids and placing them on a collision course with Earth.

Thirty million year cycle.

The fact is that every thirty million years all life on Earth comes close to extinction, and it is surely no coincidence that every thirty million years the planet enters the most tightly packed areas of our Solar System. The last time it did so was around a million years ago and since then there has apparently been no major planet wide disaster. So can we breathe a huge sigh of relief that we have emerged from this danger zone relatively unscathed? The answer is no, because according to experts it takes around 1 million years for the displaced comets and asteroids to make their way through to us. In other words around about now.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   

edit on 2/16/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by theabsolutetruth

The fact is that every thirty million years all life on Earth comes close to extinction

Where can evidence of this fact be found?

The New Age Begins Here
?
www.nasca.org.uk...
edit on 2/16/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 88  89  90    92  93  94 >>

join