It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meteorite Crashes in Russia

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by moonzoo7

Oh, and one of my favorite pieces of trivia is:
In outer space, outside of Earth's atmosphere, it is a meteroid.
Inside of Earth's atmosphere, it is a meteor.
If it reaches the ground intact, then it is a meteorite.

Right.

and if it's a piece of suspicious junk or slag picked up on the ground with no relation to the meteor, it's called a meteo-wrong.

seriously -- that's what the NASA space junk experts call the stuff people mail in all the time.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 12:38 AM
link   
So much for NASA and the experts saying it would not hit the earth at all! These videos are amazing and with that flash I saw one of the drivers just driving casually along. I would have had to stop and change my pants lol

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by heyitsok

Yeah it doesn't have any title. It also looks like it's in some salt flat. Thank's for debunking it.

edit on 2/15/2013 by Brainiac because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by scotsdavy1

This wasn't DA-14.. DA-14 isn't slated for another 12+ hrs. Thanks for jumping on the good ol doom Bandwagon though, I'll keep a mental note.

Alright, all I've had enough of this thread for now. I'll check back later to see all the lemmings scrambling for their doom lube. I'm going to watch a movie with the misses. It is Valentines day afterall.

link   
Any updates on whether those sighting in Utah are true?

link   

Originally posted by Phage

Residents of the town of Emanzhilinsk, some 50 kilometers from Chelyabinsk, said they saw a flying object that suddenly burst into flames, broke apart and fell to earth, and that a black cloud had been seen hanging above the town. Witnesses in Chelyabinsk said the city’s air smells like gunpowder.

rt.com...
That doesn't sound like a meteor. It sounds like a plane exploding.

edit on 2/15/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

Why would an exploding plane smell like gun powder?

And I have to disagree with you about the smoke trial.
I've seen a trail almost exactly the same from a meteor before.

My opinion is that it broke into 2 larger pieces and that's why the trail looks like it does.
If you ask me this is just a rare meteor event that was caught multiple times from multiple angles and it was pretty awesome!

I'm pretty positive there is no conspiracy here.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Check out this video, this was not posted here already that I could find. Watch at the end there is DEF gunfire, from my understanding of gunfire as it sounds like when I am firing my gun, but maybe is debris breaking up?? Crazy video. from the sounds of it.

link   

Some of the videos are bogus.

But Asteroid watch is talking about definitely something going on.

link   
reply to post by Brainiac

That is an abandoned mine in Russia they either accidentally set fire to it or did it on purpose that is natural gas that is burning and the platform collapsed many years ago. They call it hells door.

Still pretty amazing though.
edit on 15-2-2013 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 12:44 AM
link   
And for the record that gate of hell is in the town of Darvaz in Uzbekistan.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hijinx

This wasn't DA-14.. DA-14 isn't slated for another 12+ hrs. Thanks for jumping on the good ol doom Bandwagon though, I'll keep a mental note.

Alright, all I've had enough of this thread for now. I'll check back later to see all the lemmings scrambling for their doom lube. I'm going to watch a movie with the misses. It is Valentines day afterall.

No problem, you are very welcome. Will make a mental note to remember when you are on. Valentines day was yesterday, this is the 15th here.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by thePharaoh
they lied to us

obviously the asteriod entered our atmosphere, and exploded,... just like they said it wouldnt...

cmon, how can an asteriod, closer than some commercial sattelites...not get attracted by earths gravity?

should be an interesting day today

peace

Are you joking?

Can a bullet be shot past an apple sideways, and miss the apple?

Explain why you think yes, or no.

link   
reply to post by ShadowLink

It was more the "flying object that suddenly burst into flames" that I was talking about. There are also apparently witnesses who though it was a plane or missile (reported on RT).

I'm pretty positive there is no conspiracy here.
I don't think there is either. In any case we'll know for sure before too long.

The webcam videos do look like a meteor (or space junk) though.

link   

If the Russia videos are accurate, it is a cause for concern. When is the last time you saw videos like that? When is the last time you saw videos like that posted less than a day before the passing of a fair-sized meteoroid? Never? Yes.. probably never.

So.. it is probably debris ejected ahead of the meteoroid.. and after it passes, we'll have passing debris as well. Of course, this is if the video and news reports are true. But they seem to be. I'm very much not on any doom bandwagon - but this has me at least paying close attention.

link   
reply to post by jollyjollyjolly

but maybe is debris breaking up?

Im guessing the loud blast was the initial explosion of the meteor (or missile hitting it), which blew it into bits and pieces which then are exploding on their own.

ETA - I also wonder if this could have been a falling satellite, or other space debris?
edit on 15-2-2013 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by usaman1983

Awesome thread, S&F ... Anyone else getting flashbacks of playing Stalker watching the videos in the thread ?

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by maoklein

A missile salvo reportedly blew the meteorite into pieces at an altitude of 20 kilometers.

source: RT news

for anyone who didn't bother to read RT's link

I've gone to RT 4 times since opening this thread and each time it times out for me.

So, it's nice to see someone paste something rather than just rt.com it.

Cheers!

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 12:49 AM
link   
strange days are here

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 12:50 AM
link   
RSOE EDIS reporting it now

Event into space in Russia [Asia] on Friday, 15 February, 2013 at 06:20 (06:20 AM) UTC.

hisz.rsoe.hu...

"May you live in interesting times"

watching the Phoenix skies

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Agreed.
Seems to be moving far too fast to be any type of plane.

Most planes I've ever seen explode mid air tend to slow right down and start to drop from the sky. This thang travels way out of sight and glows much like a meteor.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join