It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meteorite Crashes in Russia

page: 88
<< 85  86  87    89  90  91 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by oddnutz
reply to post by intrptr

not sure what the diameter of the "puffball" (as you put it) is but found a satellite image of the meteor plume at www.news.colostate.edu...

Here let me point it out...

Its not a "shadow" as you put it, but a cumulus cloud so thick the sun can't penetrate it. See how it rises above the rest of the "trail" or "plume" as you call it? Depending on when people took the photo it is more developed (like here). That is where the "50 to 100 kiloton" airburst occurred. That is what I am wondering about the diameter of.

By the way, your link is general in nature, not associated with this event?

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by SixX18

I merely pointed out to AD that what he's speculating was also part of the early newsstory.
Not suggesting any conspiracies.
There were already pages written about the improbability to hit an incoming meteorite with a missile.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 01:59 AM
link   
There is no such thing a rocket launched at the meteorite. Now... the incoming object 45 meters diameter passed by the Earth. There are news about it. That means, this object that entered the atmosphere must have been smaller, say 10 meters or specifically the piece that hit the ground if it split into parts? Do you think for such a small object, a whole missile would be launched? It could do a lot more damage. So that is unless they "forgot to mention" that an object with bigger diametered entered.

Also the 2 tails could be because the object either split into 2 parts flying together, or one object was smoking from 2 sides. Either way, all videos show a fireball with a tail, like a meteorite object would be, so no, not a missile.

Probably the size that hit the Earth to cause that shockwave or sonic boom is that of the meteorite that hit this car in 1992

apod.nasa.gov...

Now, there isn't a single picture of any remains of this meteorite?

Also where are the news regarding the fly-by Earth object?

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by ImpactoR

Also where are the news regarding the fly-by Earth object?

It flew by. On schedule.
No news to report.
edit on 2/16/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Found fragment impact zone

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 02:17 AM
link   
San Francisco Fireball

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Thorneblood

Yes. There is a thread about it.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
reply to post by DangerDeath

More like 300 kilotons according to preliminary analysis from NASA

No wonder they mobilized 20.000 people. This could have been a real H-bomb, how could have they known so fast what it was?

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Because they can see missiles when they are launched for one thing.
Who would attack the middle of nowhere for another.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

Because they can see missiles when they are launched for one thing.
Who would attack the middle of nowhere for another.

Vogons clearing nearby space for the new intergalactic highway?

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 04:10 AM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

I found the image as is at the Colorado State University website. I hadn't seen a satellite image of this event and decided I would share it with ATS. I replied to your post as I thought it may help in determining the size of the PUFFBALL, my apologies for doing so. Also sorry for not linking to the article correctly, www.news.colostate.edu... is the correct link to the story and the image I posted

edit on 16-2-2013 by oddnutz because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-2-2013 by oddnutz because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 04:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Exitt

I've just read an interesting piece of info, this is not the first time a meteor strikes Celjabinsk region. In april 1949 a meteor called 'Kunashak' also fell there and one of debris pieces was found in the same Čebarkul lake..just like today. What are the odds of that ??

About the same as a bolt of lightening hitting the Vatican Cathedral the same day the Pope decides to resign.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 04:18 AM
link   
I love news like this! It makes the people aware of the outside world.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 04:18 AM
link   
I wonder if we'll have more meteorite impacts now that DA-14 passed? Like Neil Tyson says in this video, it would be more likely that we'd see meteorites related to DA-14 AFTER the asteroid passes by,

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by illuminatedobserver

the man on the moon doesn't take kindly to being pelted by said rocks :p

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 05:04 AM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

so that's where superman struck that sucker; rushing in to save the day at the very last moment. Yeah, the second contrail was caused by him

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 05:10 AM
link   

cant be vogons, the dolphins haven't left yet

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 05:23 AM
link   
reply to post by suicideeddie

or have they...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

Stop talking nonsense.

I never even once mentioned any other asteroid / meteoroid / meteorite.

I QUESTIONED certain pictures.

Stop jumping on the attack bandwagon, people like you are the bane of threads.

Don't you have anyone to bully in real life?

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

Unfortunately so many people just cannot see that reporting / governments / science sometimes lie / are misleading / secretive / don't have the answers. They read a report on MSM (which are of course NEVER censored) and that is the ONLY version they will believe.

They call those that question paranoid and they ridicule them at any opportunity, even about things they didn't say or imply.

That suggests to me that their unwavering FAITH in MSM and Governments is beyond even that of fanatical religious zealots. Ironically the very people are often those that refute all aspects of religion, even the connecting message that binds them all at the core, minus the centuries of politics. The human requirement to connect to that which they belong and the all powerful nature of celestial presence.

They also blindly see mocking others lack of knowledge as a way of an attempt at feeding their own ego's. Probably because they are too removed from the real truths that humanity should be realising.

They are blind.

top topics

<< 85  86  87    89  90  91 >>

join