It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meteorite Crashes in Russia

page: 87
<< 84  85  86    88  89  90 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by usaman1983

Bright fireball just now reported over San Francisco, what is going on in the world... Breaking News ‏@BreakingNews Bright fireball reported in skies over San Francisco Bay Area - @nbcbayarea, @abc7newsBayArea twitter.com...

Yeah, I was just reading about that myself.
I found a recently posted video of it...

edit on 15-2-2013 by ArchaicDesigns because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 11:41 PM
link   
www.zetatalk.com...

Clearly not an asteroid, the Chelyabinsk meteor came from the direction of the Sun, where Planet X, aka Nibiru, is wafting its vast debris ridden tail. This meteor event is not the first nor will it be the last during this passage. Fireballs have been on the increase since Planet X arrived in the inner solar system in 2003. They have screamed across several countries or provinces or states, outside of any anticipated regular meteor showers. Is this meteor related to 2012 DA14, recently discovered and traced to pass between the Earth and Moon later on the same day as the Chelyabinsk meteor? There is no relationship, as 2012 DA14 is an asteroid dislodged from its usual path by the swirling in the tail of Planet X. The Russians have claimed that they shot down the Chelyabinsk meteor, unsure if it were a missile, an attack, and in any case trying to diminish the size and potential impact. This is true, and as meteors are slowed by the atmosphere, and as the flaming meteor makes an unmistakable target, they were able to connect. Does the Chelyabinsk meteor usher in a new era of larger and more devastating fireballs descending upon the Earth? Without a question, and all will be coming from the direction of the Sun. Just another fact the cover-up will be unable to adequately explain. Just another reason why Obama needs to proceed with haste to confess that a cover-up has existed since Reagan’s Executive Order on the matter. Or will yet more lies be generated by NASA.

news.yahoo.com...

ABC News has spoken to astronomers who said they're pretty sure the asteroid -called 2012 DA14 - was solid, and not shedding pieces.

edit on 15-2-2013 by JrDavis because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Here's my CNBC hit from earlier today:
www.cnbc.com...

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grimpachi
This is a little off topic but I think it applies. Can anyone explain why an object such as the space shuttle gave off multiple sonic booms when re-entering it is one object so why two or three booms?

The elongated spacecraft generates a shock wave from its nose, and also from its tail, and they remain separate for some distance -- enough to register as a bang-bang at the landing field. When its higher, say 40 miles at mach 15 over Texas where i used to watch it fireball over, it's just one dull 'thud' many, many minutes after passage.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Well then, this is quite amazing, and scary...

Nothing happened over by me yet, must be the Pacific area. By any chance, what side of the Ural mountains was the city on? West (toward Moscow) or East to Siberia/Kamchatka?
edit on 16-2-2013 by TheToastmanCometh because: fix'd directions

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by JimOberg
Here's my CNBC hit from earlier today:
www.cnbc.com...

They say it was 50-100 kiloton explosion. That's something!
I hope I heard well...
edit on 16-2-2013 by DangerDeath because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by DangerDeath

Yes. Good thing it was 15 miles above the surface.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheToastmanCometh
Well then, this is quite amazing, and scary...

Nothing happened over by me yet, must be the Pacific area. By any chance, what side of the Ural mountains was the city on? West (toward Moscow) or East to Siberia/Kamchatka?
edit on 16-2-2013 by TheToastmanCometh because: fix'd directions

Just East of the Urals.
Close to the Kazachstan border in the South. (Moscow is about 900 mls to the West).

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 12:42 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 12:51 AM
link   

They say it was 50-100 kiloton explosion. That's something!

reply to post by Phage

Yes. Good thing it was 15 miles above the surface.

For real... thats bigger than Hiroshima by a long shot. Wonder what the diameter of that mushroom cloud "puffball" is at the front of the track? Any thoughts?

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 12:55 AM
link   
So far I have read a few accounts of the "fireball" exploding up to as much as 9 times before it impacted. (You can hear these explosions in the video clips as well)
I know it's normal for meteors to break appart upon entering the atmosphere but is it normal for them to explode that many times and so severely? (They didn't sound like sonic booms to me and it was traveling at too low a rate of speed at the time of the explosions...)

I wonder if the Moscow Mission Control Center (TsUP) had anything to do with it? It is located in Korolev, outside of Moscow, at the Central Institute of Machine building (TsNIIMASH) of Roscosmos roughly 900 miles from where the "fireball" impacted.

Just speculating...sorry if someone else has already mentioned, just this thread is so big...

edit on 16-2-2013 by ArchaicDesigns because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArchaicDesigns
reply to post by usaman1983

Yeah, I was just reading about that myself.
I found a recently posted video of it...

See I find this a little worrisome, an event like this happens and then every fireball is suddenly being linked to it or being given or attempted to be given the same weight as it.

Given how much rock is falling every hour of the day onto earth from space, a fireball like that one in San Francisco isnt as rare as you might think. Heck id say in the 10 minutes I took to type this out and posted it at least one fireball just like it happen somewhere around the globe just now... not to mention a bunch of shooting stars of various mags.

These minor fireballs (and I call them minor since if it was day light you wouldnt even see it, unlike the Russian one) would be still happening right now even if DA14 didnt exist and hadn't passed us by last night.

Although it is good people are looking up for a bit now

edit on 16-2-2013 by BigfootNZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

not sure what the diameter of the "puffball" (as you put it) is but found a satellite image of the meteor plume at www.news.colostate.edu...

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by BigfootNZ

233 reported fireballs (almost all in the US) in the past month.
www.amsmeteors.org...

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

233 reported fireballs (almost all in the US) in the past month.
www.amsmeteors.org...

Wow, ok thats even more than id have thought
, after all their the 'reported' ones... Im sure quite a few go unseen or unreported.

Seen 2 small ones myself in the last 4 years and ive never reported em. Sure makes you realize how special the Russian one was in its scale and how good it was we got so much footage of it.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Wow. I know that my buddy and I saw one about 6 days ago that was bright blue with huge white sparks flying off of it. Truly an awesome sight.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Im sure quite a few go unseen or unreported.

More than are. A lot more.
Think; a lot of ocean, all hours day and night, cloudy nights.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 01:37 AM
link   

I wonder if the Moscow Mission Control Center (TsUP) had anything to do with it? It is located in Korolev, outside of Moscow, at the Central Institute of Machine building (TsNIIMASH) of Roscosmos roughly 900 miles from where the "fireball" impacted.

That claim was indeed made in the early reports right after the impact. Most newssites stated it was -possibly- hit by Russian missiles at 20km height.
After some hours however that statement was retracted and Russia officially announced the rumours about it being hit by missiles were false.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 01:38 AM
link   

More like 300 kilotons according to preliminary analysis from NASA

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Movhisattva

That claim was indeed made in the early reports right after the impact. Most newssites stated it was -possibly- hit by Russian missiles at 20km height.
After some hours however that statement was retracted and Russia officially announced the rumours about it being hit by missiles were false.

I don't see any evidence that it was hit. there is no other trail heading towards it, unless it was just so far away and not visible; but to get there in that speed? Maybe lasers burned it up causing it do fall apart, but I think it is logical to say this is not a conspiracy, just a big rock hitting Earth. Maybe they were distracting us with the other one that nearly hit us, but missed by 18,000 miles or so, that would be more of a conspiracy and in my opinion more likely true.

new topics

top topics

<< 84  85  86    88  89  90 >>

join