It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meteorite Crashes in Russia

page: 77
<< 74  75  76    78  79  80 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by jvdas

Are you saying you don't believe this was a meteor ? And if not just what were they shooting at do you think?
edit on 15-2-2013 by karen61560 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by karen61560

No. I'm not saying anything... as i don't know.

That's a quote and a link (just to stir the broth).

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by homeslice

I noticed something and I'm not sure if it is accurate, but it sure does seem to be....

Going back to p. 1 and viewing homeslice's comments - it roughly the 4th-5th user comment from the Opening Post.

The comment has a few videos in it, the first one is no longer available prompting a 'Video Unavailable - Removed by User' message.

Continue down to the 3rd video, where the P.O.V. is from atop of building or an upper-level balcony.

When I saw this video, I instantly thought about something mysterious I had previously seen on ATS. The ground view seen in the video looks curiously similar to a recent unexplained event...

The video I am talking about is the one where the 'Sky Noise' was recorded and posted on youtube and, subsequently, on ATS.

Anyone know the name of the video? If you do, would you please post it here for comparison?

edit on 15-2-2013 by esteay812 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by karen61560

besides the shockingly massive damage, you also should consider just the image itself. compare it with other meteor trails, where the path is rarely straight the the trail is darker smoke (burning rock). what sort of rock trail leaves behind pure white smoke and is straight as an arrow?

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by piotrburz

but you can check from news that few building were destroyed by blast, so i guess it wasnt such weak.
I saw one collapsed roof. Perhaps it already had a heavy load of snow?

The building just collapsed by the heavy load of snow? just the same moment as the blast? come on Phage... even you know thats a slim chance, you think for example that zinc factory just happened to collapse by snow?
I think not likely, where i live there happens many snow collapses but they usually dont occur the same time as meteors /rites are seen....and if you take a look at factory they are showing in the news , it has been hit by something from above.... And by this i dont mean Alien ship hit it , just maybe rocks, or parts of some alien ship

edit on 2/15/2013 by zoomer72 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   
NASA had a press conference a few hours ago.

They gave a callback number to listen to a replay of the teleconference: 888-562-0218

www.nasa.gov...

WASHINGTON -- NASA experts will hold a teleconference for news media
at 4 p.m. EST today to discuss a meteor that streaked through the
skies over Russia's Urals region this morning.

Scientists have determined the Russia meteor is not related to
asteroid 2012 DA14 that will pass safely pass Earth today at a
distance of more than 17,000 miles. Early assessments of the Russia
meteor indicate it was about one-third the size of 2012 DA14 and
traveling in a different direction.

The teleconference will be carried live online at:

www.nasa.gov...

For detailed information concerning the Earth flyby of 2012 DA14,
visit:

www.nasa.gov...

edit on Fri Feb 15 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: added tas AND source IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by zoomer72

but you can check from news that few building were destroyed by blast, so i guess it wasnt such weak.

The building just collapsed by the heavy load of snow? just the same moment as the blast? come on Phage... even you know thats a slim chance, you think for example that zinc factory just happened to collapse by snow?
I think not likely, where i live there happens many snow collapses but they usually dont occur the same time as meteors /rites are seen....and if you take a look at factory they are showing in the news , it has been hit by something from above....
You do know that one of the reason a jet fighter is not allowed to break the sound barrier over populated area's, is because the shockwave can damage buildings, weak structures can crack or even collapse.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by zoomer72

No, that's not what I think.

The building may have been carrying a heavy load of snow and when the shock wave it, it was sort of a "last straw" effect. Or maybe it was just shoddy construction.

edit on 2/15/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

egads,,thanks..ive been posting that a bunch but because im not you nobody wants to read my link
..IF the cuban 'event; happened..it appears to have happened on wed...

not saying anything about anything other than it didnt happen on friday like the first reports seem to make out to be.....(going back to my hole....'wisdom is a lifetime of listening when you would have rather said something'.....)

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Mianeye

and you don't think its odd that the shockwave damaged a factory so much more than the surrounding buildings, especially considering the area is known for industrial sites for bio/chem weapons disposal?

www.manufacturing.net...

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   
No matter what it was, its a hell of a coincidence that russian meteorite crashed right before DA14 flyby, and they are completely unrelated to each other.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   

A coicidence, yes.
A hell of one, not so much. Unless you're one of those who doesn't believe that unrelated events can happen 16 hours apart.

edit on 2/15/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by OutsideTheBox1006

No.

Do you find it strange that some windows broke but not all?

It was a factory in Russia that looked pretty old. Not known for quality enginering.
edit on 15-2-2013 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by CitizenJack
reply to post by drphilxr

Originally posted by CitizenJack
reply to post by winofiend

Here is the real site supposedly.

Thats why I chose the word supposedly
plus alot of pics have been floating around. This is ats after all, wanna make sure I deny some ignorance today.. And for all I know these guys are ice fishing

edit on 15-2-2013 by CitizenJack because: (no reason given)

If they are fishing that must have been one hell of an auger!!

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I don't think it's just pressure from the blast that shatters windows. The explosion causes all structures to shake in irregular way, so non-elastic material like glass or loose structures, like roofs, can easily be shattered, joints displaced and fall apart.

link   
reply to post by Darkphoenix77

Two words.
Chainsaw.

Oh, it's one word.

link   

Originally posted by Mianeye

Originally posted by zoomer72

I think not likely, where i live there happens many snow collapses but they usually dont occur the same time as meteors /rites are seen....and if you take a look at factory they are showing in the news , it has been hit by something from above....
You do know that one of the reason a jet fighter is not allowed to break the sound barrier over populated area's, is because the shockwave can damage buildings, weak structures can crack or even collapse.

Yes i know, during the 80:s they broke the sound barrier many times, over populated and unpopulated areas until it was forbidden... Not once it took down windows (trembled them yes) or made certain parts of building roof to collapse ... So whats your point?

top topics

<< 74  75  76    78  79  80 >>

join