It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meteorite Crashes in Russia

page: 72
<< 69  70  71    73  74  75 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by eriktheawful

I really appriciate our Russian friends who had the courage
Not just courage, ingenuity as well.

The panic and confusion that followed Friday's meteorite crash quickly gave way to Chelyabinsk residents' entrepreneurial instincts. Several people smashed in the windows of their houses in the hopes of receiving compensation, RIA Novosti news agency reported.

Russian humor:

One of the most popular jokes was that the meteorite was supposed to fall Dec. 21 last year -- when many believed the Mayan calendar predicted the end of the world -- but was delivered late by Russia's notoriously inefficient postal service.

www.cbsnews.com...

Haha Ingenuity to Phage is being a scam artist.... The truth comes out.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hijinx
DA-14 isn't a comet, is estimated at 46ish meters...

The TUNGUSKA event, was caused by an object disputed to be around 100meters+. Twice the size of DA-14, and those are the low estimates for the Tunguska object.

I'm not trying to be a know it all or claim to be right so I apologize for coming off that way. Tunguska was impressive, and it's size is disputed but the general consensus was around 100m,

DA-14 even if it did hit, would not produce the same results as the Tunguska event. That's all I'm trying to say. Sorry for coming off as an ass.

I humbly accept your apology.

Just for the record however;

While reporting on today's 'fragment' event over Russia - NASA did comment on the infamous
Tungunska Event stating that the comet in question was ESTIMATED at around "fifty meters".

I too have done more than my share of research on comets/asteroids and the
"Tungunska Event" as referenced by the LINK to my own thread regarding said space debris.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by mindflush

the time/date as listed is 1816 utc..which is approx 3 hours ago...this cuban 'event' happened much earlier than that...what does the time mean??

the incident in russia...no new pics yet? i havent found any new stuff yet
edit on 15-2-2013 by clearmind because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by eriktheawful
reply to post by Human_Alien

Crud, I hate it when they turn on the "Do not embed" feature......

energy, depending on what kind travels at different speeds, and is very dependent on the medium that it is traveling through.

Thanks for taking time to explain.
I understand the concept but its crazy when you see it naturally, ya know? I've seen many a-videos of the effects after a detention of bombs and even rocket/missiles and jets breaking the sound barrier but I never really saw/heard a natural one.
It just seems like we're in a temporary dimensional hole where---- it's all happening at once yet, we get the totality in pieces. Crazy.
Thanks again my friend

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Can someone please provide a news link relating to this "Cuban Event" ?

Been following the thread as best I can. Lots of people talking about a "Cuban Event" but thus far I see nothing but "bunk"
Thanks

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

But if it made the RSOE I would imagine it probably turned out to be a meteorite, right? I mean, why would they bring attention to innocent passing 'fireballs' ?

A meteor and a fireball are the same thing, with a fireball being the term used for a large meteor.

A meteorite is a meteor which has landed on Earth
edit on 2/15/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

I. Understand. That. Phage.

I am saying it probably WAS a meteorite (that touched down) opposed to an innocent meteor/fireball that did nothing!! Understand?????

Say....why don't you stop chasing and correcting me and give me some breathing room? 'k?

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Fun facts! No wonder the light was literally blinding, so much it appeared nuclear!

The meteor was 1/3 the diameter of DA14....and brighter than the sun!

The meteor, which was about one-third the diameter of asteroid 2012 DA14, was brighter than the sun. Its trail was visible for about 30 seconds, so it was a grazing impact through the atmosphere. www.nasa.gov...

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   
This was indeed pretty big:

The shock wave blew in more than 1 million square feet of glass, according to city officials, who said 3,000 buildings in the city were damaged. At one zinc factory, part of the roof collapsed.

Read more: www.foxnews.com...

A meteor streaked across the sky and exploded over Russia's Ural Mountains with the power of an atomic bomb Friday, its sonic blasts shattering countless windows and injuring about 1,100 people.

The meteor -- estimated to be about 10 tons and 49 feet wide -- entered the Earth's atmosphere at a hypersonic speed of at least 33,000 mph and shattered into pieces about 18-32 miles above the ground,

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Somebody's got to do it.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Yeah, that was actually my spaceship. Every single plasma coil blew out (which fried the cell towers). I've not been keeping up the maintenance.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Hmmmm I think if I was in Russia and ok thinking about the size of the meteor.... I'd grab a metal detector and head in the direction of the approx landing..... If you could get to it that is =_=

Who knows what was on that thing... In that thing...

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Apparently Hanford nuclear facility is leaking... That was the governor's announcement. It wasn't anything about the asteroid. Still a little frightening though...

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Still no news link to the "Cuba Event"?

I knew it was bunk. Just like that Jack~Ass last night that was talking about his sister standing beside a 10 mile wide crater. Some people have too much time on their hands

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien

Originally posted by eriktheawful

Crud, I hate it when they turn on the "Do not embed" feature......

energy, depending on what kind travels at different speeds, and is very dependent on the medium that it is traveling through.

Thanks for taking time to explain.
I understand the concept but its crazy when you see it naturally, ya know? I've seen many a-videos of the effects after a detention of bombs and even rocket/missiles and jets breaking the sound barrier but I never really saw/heard a natural one.
It just seems like we're in a temporary dimensional hole where---- it's all happening at once yet, we get the totality in pieces. Crazy.
Thanks again my friend

I guess for me it's easy to see considering how many times I've seen it in real life in the Navy:

Jets doing DT&E's flying at mach 1 just above the water.....they would literally scream past our ship with water flying up behind them, but were like silent almost.....then they sound hit us.

Shooting missiles during tests.....you see the fire ball, but it takes a while for the sound to hit.

Watching the USS Wisconson fire her 16 inch guns from a mile away.....huge fire ball out the muzzles......and then you finally hear the boom.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Mother nature throwing the old trick punch. "Hey people! Watch this here asteroid."...and just when you turn to look at it, you get socked with one from the left, that you never saw coming.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   
There is no way that " the proper authorities" didn't know that it was gonna hit Russia and bring such destruction. They cant expect people to believe that NASA's and Russia"s top astral physicists and mathematicians couldn't tell that there were gonna be some collisions and death outta this asteroid? Reports and news articles are reporting over 11000 injuries and deaths in Russia!!! That is crazy! there should have been some kind of warning for people to prepare for this?! They prob hid the truth to avoid chaos, panic, and disorder.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by zayonara

More like "the sun was in my eyes."

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by stopbeingnaive

Only stupid people make assumptions about paranoia when people question things that are questionable.

Only rude and ignorant people call those that question things that do not fit with statistics or scientific knowledge, paranoid.

Only gullible people believe everything the media tells them and discounts ANY other possible scenario just because their government or the media didn't tell them to think it.

Gullible...much?

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   
double post
edit on 15-2-2013 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   
The numbers are starting to make it clear the two objects are unrelated.

Here's one report:

www.scilogs.com...

Do you find it convincing, or not?

top topics

<< 69  70  71    73  74  75 >>

join