It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meteorite Crashes in Russia

page: 66
<< 63  64  65    67  68  69 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Don't worry, somehow I think asteroids will be the next earthquakes.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Hilarious, the news media here in the U.S.
They could compete with the Post Office and lose!

Russia Times has actually done a fair job on reporting, aside from the claims
that the defense ministry shot down a meteorite.

Dang where was the live footage of that? Hmmmm.....

This picture here of the vapor trails shows how hot this thing was.

englishrussia.com...
edit on 15-2-2013 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   
So the Meteor that actually exploded over Russia, injuring over 950 people... blowing windows out of buildings and causing major damage... needing 20,000 emergency workers sending out to help people.

Why are people saying it has been and is now on its way?

It broke up into fragments and crashed?

The meteor hit less than a day before the asteroid 2012 DA14 is to make the closest recorded pass of an asteroid to the Earth - about 17,150 miles (28,000km).
But the European Space Agency in a tweet said its experts had determined there was no connection.

There is more than one "falling rock" incident across the globe at the moment... I think people are getting them mixed up?

They already have crater sites for some of the pieces of the Russian Meteor.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Well, at t+17 minutes now. Thanks for the videos everyone from the meteorite in Russia.
Last night was listening to the news here locally in L.A. (KFI) and they said NASA was
saying it was probable debris from the large meteor, now, it seems they've (yet again)
changed they're story saying it's a coincidence and not related. Maybe because they
don't want to start a panic, that more debris Meteoroids will impact earth, more likely, as they said on the news last night that the debris behind the meteor would be much greater than ahead of it.

Rebel 5

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

Blup you should start a topic, or your post is going to get lost.

20,000 , I had no idea, you have links?

edit on 012828p://bFriday2013 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr

I'm gone looking for fragments. They say some are up for sale.

The large ones are massive diamond deposits, very fortunate for Russia.

news.discovery.com...
edit on 15-2-2013 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien

I've got two theories swirling about in my head.

One is: The asteroid naturally broke apart. Much like comet Elenin did.

Why would an asteroid suddenly break up?

And why, if it did, would one part hit the Earth from a different direction hours before the original asteroid passed by on the expected trajectory without incident?

(for info: the movie Armageddon is not a science documentary!)

btw :-

en.wikipedia.org...

So according to most estimates, this was the biggest bolide to hit Earth for 5 years.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

I'm not on any MENSA throne and I don't claim to be of any greater intelligence than the average person here.

However, I BOTHERED to read this entire thread, even took part when it started.
Others seem to be just coming on and instead of reading they are questioning things we already know and saying things like its cause the pope quit.

Really?

How many times do we have to see the burning gas crater and hear that this is some big conspiracy and then see it quoted and rebutted?

I'm just saying if many of the people here would read, or at the very least skim through we wouldn't be re-debating half of this stuff.

Not really knocking anyone, just saying this thread has turned into such a mindless banter that its getting hard to keep up and separate the intelligent comments from the senseless ones.

I do agree though that the Media is the biggest contributor to the declining IQ though.
Morons, I swear!

link   

It is still a strange sequence of events

Yes I can agree with that.

Sorry I put the LOL on that reply, I killed all my karma for the day with that.

link   
very awesome! no warning before it happened???

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by SoulSearching8
So let me get this straight! We have a huge asteroid passing very close to earth today. Coincidently a meteor crashes into Russia, hurting approximately 400 people, creating an EMP, and then according to a very good friend who is scientist, confirmed that one crashed into Cuba today.
They say that its not related to the asteroid?? They say they know everything there is is know about this asteroid, but they didn't see these "meteors" headed straight for earth!! Thats BS!!

You're right. It's been too hard to keep the charade up.

Here's the secret nasa proof. Don't tell them I leaked it, k.

One day we'll work out how they do it, and then, boy howdy, we'll sort them buggers out!

link   
i reckon that the asteroid that is passing close by earth is hollow and supports an alien race looking for a new home planet. apparently they like what they see and are now splitting off into individual pods and entering earth atmosphere over russia.

link   

Originally posted by blupblup

There is more than one "falling rock" incident across the globe at the moment... I think people are getting them mixed up?

Not "people", you

The asteroid is gone already.

link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
reply to post by blupblup

Blup you should start a topic, or your post is going to get lost.

20,000 , I had no idea, you have links?

Well I didn't realised people were saying it came close and then went again? The Russian one is being heavily reported here in the UK and there's tons of footage.... unless there are other Russian Meteors, then I can't see how this object narrowly missed and then went on its merry way.

Here's a link

news.sky.com...

More than 900 people have been injured after a meteor strike in central Russia, the country's interior ministry said.

Fragments of at least one meteorite - the weight of a double-decker bus - were seen falling from the sky in the Chelyabinsk region at around 9am local time, around 1,500km east of Moscow.

A regional governor said 950 people have been injured. Russia's Ministry of Emergencies said at least 82 children were hurt and 34 adults and 12 children were being treated in hospital. Two people are in intensive care.

Many were hurt by flying glass as windows were blown in. Witnesses described feeling a pressure wave and hearing explosions overhead as the object hurtled to earth.

The Russian Academy of Sciences estimates the meteor weighed about 10 tonnes and entered the Earth's atmosphere at a speed of at least 33,000mph (54,000kph) - 15 times the speed of a rifle bullet - and shattered up to 32 miles (50km) above ground.

Meteors typically cause sizeable sonic booms when they enter the atmosphere because they are travelling much faster than the speed of sound.
RUSSIA Meteorite 2 The meteorite weighed 10 tonnes

The defence ministry said it had identified a six metre crater near a lake in this region and has sent soldiers to the site of the impact.

The emergencies ministry said that 20,000 rescue workers had been dispatched to help the injured and locate those needing help.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I've just read an interesting piece of info, this is not the first time a meteor strikes Celjabinsk region. In april 1949 a meteor called 'Kunashak' also fell there and one of debris pieces was found in the same Čebarkul lake..just like today.
What are the odds of that ??

link   
I haven't read much on it but has the theory of maybe someone taking a "shot" at it thus causing it to break up been thrown around at all. I suppose if everyone was looking one way at an asteroid then a meteor could creep up the back gate.

Seems to coincidental though for me for this to not be the same thing or of the same company...

link   

Originally posted by rockymcgilicutty

It is still a strange sequence of events

Yes I can agree with that.

Sorry I put the LOL on that reply, I killed all my karma for the day with that.

awww bless your heart, I doubt that.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   
THIS THREAD ROCKS

link   
So I just saw this from a girl I follow on twitter. I know it's kinda out there and a little more like something you would find on GLP but I find it kind of fascinating, and a little spooky too. I'm not a fear monger...I just share things that I find interesting, and this one I found pretty dang interesting... Obviously I don't know if this stuff is even real or not. Take a look and see what you all think

Military remote viewing predictions for before spring 2013

edit on 15-2-2013 by Piper96 because: (no reason given)

link   

new topics

top topics

<< 63  64  65    67  68  69 >>

join