Meteorite Crashes in Russia

page: 63
<< 60  61  62    64  65  66 >>

join

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Watching fox news for some reason, and they keep mentioning if it hits, but it shouldn't, but if it does. So frustrating listening to these people.

As to why the ice looks like it does, remember the meteor exploded in the air. The size of that hole is entirely dependent on what size piece came down there. It is also probable during the explosion a piece arced up and over and fell more or less straight down.

The large meteor did not impact earth. It was an air burst.

And foxnews just cut to commercial break playing the tones from close encounters of the third kind.... :facepalm:
edit on 15-2-2013 by tnhiker because: added stupid remark about fox

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by masta12d
Seeing how this is a conspiracy site I would like to present this:

The firebrand Russian Liberal Democrat leader Vladimir Zhirinovsky claims that no meteor fell in the Urals on Friday, but rather the US was testing a new weapon.

Goes on further to state:

On Thursday, Moscow confirmed that on February 12 it had received Washington’s request to organize an urgent phone conversation between Kerry and Lavrov. The Foreign Ministry said, however, that State Department spokesperson Victoria Nuland was “inaccurate with her statements” regarding their inability to get in touch with Lavrov for two days.

rt.com...

Oh can we have fun with this one please!!

The Americans did it with their new super weapon!! SWEET!

It figures that a "Russian Liberal Democrat" who probably got a D- in Science class
was quick to blame those DAMN AMERICANS !

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by clearmind
reply to post by Human_Alien

translate.google.com... o-celeste-explode-sobre-vila-no-interior-de-cub%2F581697%2F

this link says the cuban thing was on wed?!?!

Personally to me it makes no difference. I didn't think it happened simultaneously. So a 24-36 hours span only points to the fact that this asteroid MIGHT have been broke up (via NASA?) thus taking different paths at different times.
We are NOT in any major meteor shower. In fact, we're not due for a few more months. So....brushing aside this asteroid in relationship to these other events is not only ignorant but irresponsible.

Hopefully nothing will happen. But if I were any type of cosmic karma god....I'd be striking this planet too!!

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Creep Thumper

Originally posted by rockymcgilicutty
reply to post by Creep Thumper

Sure didn't you see the video's? The trails could be plainly seen ,meaning the object had already passed.The sonic boom came afterward's.I.E the meteor was traveling faster than the speed of sound.

Phage seems to think otherwise.

Could you repost that? That is not what I got from his replies.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   

We are NOT in any major meteor shower.

Most fireballs are not associated with any major meteor showers. They are random events.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I thought this was interesting -- a video compilation of other meteors. Just as a frame of reference for the various phenomena witnessed in this recent one.

www.youtube.com...
edit on 15-2-2013 by jrtallent because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

This seems to be the origin of 'largest in a century' story:

www.nature.com...

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

Most fireballs are not associated with any major meteor showers. They are random events.

Wow. I actually agree with you.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I was skeptical to believe the news source behind the Cuba meteorite, but then it was reported on their local news station.
Cuba Rainews24.it
Now I'm getting a bit more concerned...

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

A fireball is colloquially referred to as a meteor.
Just like, Falling stars, shooting stars and twinkle twinkle little star.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by whyamIhere
A small piece I can believe.

But 10 tons?........There would be a HUGE hole in that ice.

It is estimated at 10 tonnes (or 40 tonnes according to some sources) before it entered the atmosphere and started to burn up. After it exploded - causing the shockwave which in turn blew out so many windows causing hundreds of injuries - the remaining fragments would have been even smaller. The ice impact appears to have been made by one of the larger pieces of debris.

link   

Originally posted by ChesterJohn

Originally posted by DarthFazer
Here is some more footage

Be nice if someone could subtitle the russian so we could know what they are saying.

Nothing really important...

The guy is outside filming, presumably with neighbors. He asks them if they know what that (trails) is.
Women say, no, no we don't. He says it surely must be a meteor, it must have fallen further, behind there he says.
Explosion !!

The guy is like wth? Is everybody ok. A man says, keep filming, keep filming. Women start a conversation about what they all see, a double trail, blue-ish color smoke, strange, what can it be. They all speculate about where it went etc.

link   

Originally posted by Bicent76
ustream is LIVE...

www.ustream.tv...

If you want to watch the DA-14

thanks and everyone else who offers links

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   
what if a satalite knocks the DA-14 off its trajectory? Can that happen? And send it towards Earth?

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   
As if Russia wouldn't be in on some kind of "conspiracy"? I think we FORGET...we're on a whole new playing field. It's the Haves...vs....the Have Nots. People should NEVER forget that, no matter what "country" they live in or are from!!! Misinformation IS the agenda. Weird how that happens on the heels of Dorner. It seems like it's one theatrical event after another. Nothing is wrong with society....just the B.S. we're supposed to believe. It's kinda like talkin' about chemtrails vs. contrails; The "know it alls" vs. the don't know sh!t.

link   

A very large meteor is referred to as a fireball. Small meteors, the common run of the mill variety, are often called shooting stars because they are starlike points of like. A fireball is not a starlike point of light.

link   

A fireball or bolide is a particularly large and bright meteor. Most observed bolides do not coincide with known meteor showers - suggesting that they are caused by general cosmic debris rather than, as with the case of regular meteor showers, smaller debris from the trail of ancient (or more recent) comets.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Bicent76

No. The asteroid is far too massive and far too fast to be bothered by a satellite even if it did hit it.

Think fly vs 18 wheeler.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Bicent76

We'll know in a few minutes

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Piper96

Rainews is an italian news channel, and the link you provided point to another website..

new topics
top topics

<< 60  61  62    64  65  66 >>

join