It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meteorite Crashes in Russia

page: 62
<< 59  60  61    63  64  65 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   
where is the big rock right now?

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by intrptr

Each "Trans-sonic" event produces a report.
No. Sonic booms are not produced by "trans-sonic" events. They are produced by an object traveling faster than the speed of sound. The "boom" is the shockwave, which travels with the object.

www.pbs.org...

A lot like this.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by JoyfullMustard
where is the big rock right now?

www.ustream.tv...

watch it and see for yourself. live feed.

Ooh I knew it would be an Aussie observatory, but the gingin one, my neighbour.. an hour or so away.

pity it might as well be in a different country, ha. oh well..

edit on 15-2-2013 by winofiend because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by JoyfullMustard

watch it here
events.slooh.com...

link   
reply to post by rockymcgilicutty

Doesn't that imply that the object strikes before the sound hits?

link   
ustream is LIVE...

www.ustream.tv...

If you want to watch the DA-14

link   
reply to post by Bicent76

The Russian, meteor is being reported as the LARGEST TO HIT EARTH, within the last century...
Actually I think the estimates are that a meteor of this size hits Earth about every decade or so. It's just that with the Earth being so big and all, nobody may notice. If the media interprets that as this actually being the largest so be it.

The meteor that hit Russia, is proof we do not know it all and we pretend to know more then we really do...
I don't think you'll find any scientist who says we know about every rock out there, or even close to it.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bicent76
ustream is LIVE...

www.ustream.tv...

If you want to watch the DA-14

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   
So what's the latest with 24 minutes to go for DA14?

Were those other claims of fireballs etc all BS?? Is there really Military Personnel being called in everywhere??

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by bpg131313

Originally posted by whyamIhere

The hole doesn't look quite right to me.

(saying this like I know what the hell the hole should look like)

It looks so perfect... Explanation Please?

RT and other sites are reporting multiple impact points. The meteorite broke up before impacting earth, which is actually quite common from what I've read. The hole in the ice is the impact site of just one of those pieces. It was obviously hot burning through our atmosphere, and melted its way through. There are divers dispatched to the site (an collection folks going to the other sites) so that they can get the pieces for further study. We'll likely be seeing photos of the pieces in a few more hours. Once they realized that this was a natural object and not of human origin, the wall of secrecy came down rather quickly.

Give it a little time, and we'll start seeing video and pictures of these meteorites from the people out there finding them. People are naturally interested in these sorts of things and want to share them with the world. Just look at all the video and photos that people took as it was happening. We live in a world where people have HD cameras in their pockets now and can share anything they film with the world with a few clicks. The fact that we're able to find out about this in near-real-time is a real testament for technology and our interconnected world.

Thank you for that.

A small piece I can believe.

But 10 tons?........There would be a HUGE hole in that ice.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Phage :

You have any insight as to what caused the continuous popping like sounds???

Sorry if you already have answered this & I missed it.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   
This was predicted by elp and discussed on ATS. The meteor being a fragment of the Asteroid.worldpredictions.wordpress.com

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Seeing how this is a conspiracy site I would like to present this:

The firebrand Russian Liberal Democrat leader Vladimir Zhirinovsky claims that no meteor fell in the Urals on Friday, but rather the US was testing a new weapon.

Goes on further to state:

On Thursday, Moscow confirmed that on February 12 it had received Washington’s request to organize an urgent phone conversation between Kerry and Lavrov. The Foreign Ministry said, however, that State Department spokesperson Victoria Nuland was “inaccurate with her statements” regarding their inability to get in touch with Lavrov for two days.

rt.com...

Oh can we have fun with this one please!!

The Americans did it with their new super weapon!! SWEET!

link   
Here's the ATS Thread Regarding the live feed for DA214, with several links to choose from.

link   
reply to post by nerdyclutzyblonde

My guess is that it would be individual shock waves from the fragments.

link   
reply to post by whyamIhere

It was 10 tons.
It had rough ride through our atmosphere and got really hot!
It was less than 10 tons when it hit the frozen lake.

It's too bad we don't have a YouTube video of that !

link   
reply to post by Creep Thumper

Sure didn't you see the video's? The trails could be plainly seen ,meaning the object had already passed.The sonic boom came afterward's.I.E the meteor was traveling faster than the speed of sound.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

No. Sonic booms are not produced by "trans-sonic" events. They are produced by an object traveling faster than the speed of sound. The "boom" is the shockwave, which travels with the object.

Thanks Phage. Sooo... why the multiple reports after the initial bang? Multiple fragments?

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

That would be my guess.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by rockymcgilicutty
reply to post by Creep Thumper

Sure didn't you see the video's? The trails could be plainly seen ,meaning the object had already passed.The sonic boom came afterward's.I.E the meteor was traveling faster than the speed of sound.

Phage seems to think otherwise.

new topics

top topics

<< 59  60  61    63  64  65 >>

join