It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meteorite Crashes in Russia

page: 61
<< 58  59  60    62  63  64 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by baburak
reply to post by Creep Thumper

i'm just saying that the laws of physics stay the same. Shock waves from the blast can't be eliptical no matter what the trajectory of the object was

The hole in the ice should have been elliptical. That thing looks like they cut it with a chainsaw.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soloprotocol
Here's a thought does NASA or China even, have the technology to capture a 1 km wide asteroid and use it as a weapon against another nation....say, like strap some super rockets to it, fly it around the moon using the Moons Gravity to hurl it back a super speed towards...say Iran...

Awesome!! F...ing Awesome!!! Because who would suspect such an attack? Thanks for making my day!

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Why should it be elliptical?
By the time the pieces of a meteor this size hit the ground they are falling vertically or nearly so.

edit on 2/15/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   
The Cuba Meteorite is now on RSOE EDIS for those who would like to check.
Not sure if this means it's actually confirmed , one would think so .

link   

No it should not, the exsplosion shapes the hole not the angle or shape of object.

edit on 15-2-2013 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-2-2013 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by Phage

Sometimes that's a way to talk or communicate w/o vocals.

I was just saying it would be interesting if there was more data related to Mars rovers, just not for public as accepted that may share more... as far as meteorite activity..

NAMASTE*******

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   

edit on 122828p://bFriday2013 by Stormdancer777 because: never mind

link   

Originally posted by Phage

Why should it be elliptical?
By the time the pieces of a meteor this size hit the ground they are falling vertically.

It's the "expert" again. When's the last time you were standing next to an impact site?

link   

Originally posted by Creep Thumper

i'm just saying that the laws of physics stay the same. Shock waves from the blast can't be eliptical no matter what the trajectory of the object was

The hole in the ice should have been elliptical. That thing looks like they cut it with a chainsaw.

Yes that is exactly what they did. The moment it happened they got a call from the Russian government to make a hole as a cover up

edit on 15-2-2013 by citizenoftheworld because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

As to the sound, I'm still confused.

reply to post by Angelic Resurrection

Wow thats quite strange, blowing up 9 times.

As I understand it... Upon entry into the atmosphere this thing is moving tens of kilometers per second. That is multiple speeds of sound or "Machs". As friction with the atmosphere increases the meteor slows down. So it goes from say Mach 25 to mach 24... 23... 22.... Each "Trans-sonic" event produces a report. After the initial breakup multiple pieces produce a cacophony of "sonic booms". The objects are not exploding "9 times" just slowing down. The louder the booms, the larger the "fragments".

Two different angles:

Distinct crescendo of reports (like cannon fire):

About 30 seconds into this one (directly overhead):

link   
Like watching local planet activities to assess potentials here.

link   

Never.
But it's a matter of understand atmospheric drag on an object and ballistics.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bicent76
reply to post by Phage

That just makes the story even more strange.....

So the meteor we were really suppose to be watching hit us, and we did not know it was coming...

That is why I think its so hard for me to listen to all these people explain things to me about asteroids, the universe, etc. Science, and then this asteroid slams into Russia today...

Now everyone is saying its not related because trajectory this trajectory that, etc, and I can believe that, then lets just say this...

We did not see this meteor coming, and in my opinion its very coincidental and ironic it happens hours before 2012 DA-14.

I know something like this happened back in what was it IRELAND? or Greenland I don't recall last year, but nothing quite like this here in RUSSIA..

Its just a weird story, maybe its getting more traction due to the DA-14 event...

I guess its normal for big Meteors to be slamming into the atmosphere making contrails and explosions...

an asteroid did not hit russia a meteorite did.

Remember things that are different are not the same.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13
Like watching local planet activities to assess potentials here.

I take my insults neat. Thank you.

link   
Just a question to anyone.I have watched this site for two year's.It has always updated every 2 or 3 minutes.Why is it down anyone know?It hasn't updated since last night.

No conspiracy is being implied in any way.Just a question.

www.meteorscan.com...

link   
Here's an article from RT.

Check out this snippet:

The regional Emergency Ministry denied previous unconfirmed reports by local media that the meteorite was shot by the military air defenses.

The local newspaper Znak reported the meteorite was intercepted by an air defense unit at the Urzhumka settlement near Chelyabinsk. Quoting a source in the military, it wrote a missile salvo blew the meteorite to pieces at an altitude of 20 kilometers.

Regnum news agency quoted a military source who claimed that the vapor condensation trail of the meteorite speaks to the fact that the meteorite was intercepted by air defenses.

rt.com...

Would be cool if "they" had this type of defense.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Each "Trans-sonic" event produces a report.
No. Sonic booms are not produced by "trans-sonic" events. They are produced by an object traveling faster than the speed of sound. The "boom" is the shockwave, which travels with the object.

www.pbs.org...

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   
books.google.com... l=en&sa=X&ei=-YMeUcrEJoWCyQGpvYH4Cw&ved=0CG0Q6AEwBw#v=onepage&q=meteorite%20fall%20vertically&f=false

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by citizenoftheworld

Originally posted by Creep Thumper

Yes that is exactly what they did. The moment it happened they got a call from the Russian government to make a hole as a cover up

edit on 15-2-2013 by citizenoftheworld because: (no reason given)

It's the only way the poor sould can get vodka. Cutting holes in the ice with chainsaws.

Only this time, they had the extra incentive of pulling the wool over the wests eyes.

Massive big up to lemon ruskie!!!

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I am not going to argue with you Phage, or debate, you are one of the last guys around here down to Earth, I agree with you 99.9 percent of the time..

The Russian, meteor is being reported as the LARGEST TO HIT EARTH, within the last century...

I am curious to read the reports on the kind of injuries the 1000 injured had or have..

I am just not sure if I can really trust the reports that DA-14 is harmless... I am sure it is but still, The meteor that hit Russia, is proof we do not know it all and we pretend to know more then we really do...

edit on 15-2-2013 by Bicent76 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 58  59  60    62  63  64 >>

join