It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meteorite Crashes in Russia

page: 51
<< 48  49  50    52  53  54 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Jeremiah65

is that how you see this event?
i mean to me this has been a 'once in a lifetime' event, as i said in my post on pg47
its certainly not wham, bam, thank you mam for me
this will certainly be a day to tell the grand kids about for me personally

maybe you are just a bit fed up with all the speculation
which is fine
but if i get fed up with a thread on a certain topic, i step out and either have a smoke in the garden or move to a different thread
but i do understand how you feel
weve all been there
just gotta stay cool and be grateful we were alive today when such an event has occured

and to top it off, DA-14 breaks a world record, not the world

edit on 15-2-2013 by GezinhoKiko because:

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by theabsolutetruth

Any physicist will tell you that the patterns on the smoke trails are unlikely, unless the two rocks or rock 'tails' were identical, which is also unlikely, also the perfect ice circle is unlikely.

The ''unlikelies'' are the irregularities that require clearing up. Either something is being hidden / the reporting is dubious / they don't exactly know what hit them / it is something they did and want covered up / or a few very unlikely physics phenomena happened a the same time for the same incident, the laws of chance would say that that is unlikely.

Logical analysis people.

Absolutely what a physicist would NOT claim.

There are too many variables to take in to account to make an absolute claim like that:

1) Overall shape of the meteor.
2) Density and chemical make up of the object.
3) fault lines in it.
4) Thermal density variations in the atmosphere that it traveled through.
5) Changes in velocity, especially during break up of the object.

It is entirely possible for this 10 to 11 ton rock to have started out whole, fracture in to two pieces, until it explodes again into much smaller pieces with the majority of the mass staying together, until it slows enough where friction no longer heats it.

It is entirely possible for fragments to leave a circular hole in ice, considering the altitude it was at when it broke up. Eventually drag from our atmosphere (that get's denser and denser the lower you go) could have slowed it down enough to where it's forward momentum was negligible, and does a mostly vertical drop, as per ballistic science.

Read into it all you want, but stop making blanket statements about physics until you show us your doctorate in that field.
edit on 15-2-2013 by eriktheawful because: (no reason given)

link   

Everything is NOT always as it appears.

No it's not, but the more unlikely and more far-fetched theories are exactly that: More unlikely and far fetched.

To me it looks like you want to create your own pseudo-evidence that this METEOR was not a meteor, but something else. Based on your observations on that the contrail was "unusual" and the hole is supposed to be oval not round, plus your (correct) observation that the media is not always reporting everything correctly.

But..I am afraid it's STILL a meteor because the evidence speaks clearly for it.

* It was not a missile since missiles dont break up into 9 pieces and create 9 sonic booms
* the contrail is consistent with what we know from (very few, I might add) other observed meteorites, the burning up, fire and multiple trails. What do you expect from a piece breaking up? OF COURSE it will have multiple contrails.
* the hole would be "rather round" UNLESS the meteor hit in a really steep angle, but I don't think it did. It could've come in at 45 deg and the hole would still be "quite" round.

link   
Looking like this thread will surpass the 400 flag mark within the next couple of hours.

How is it that this is not even headlining the evening news in the UK????

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jeremiah65
A rock fell from space, blew apart and made a big boom...whoopie doopie.

Yes...it is a coincidence that 2012-DA14 is coming through as well...coincidence...period.

Never ceases to amaze me how the people that want to believe in "super special things" will find an excuse to see them everywhere and pretend to speak as if they were experts.

"It's impossible by physics for there to be two identical trails"...you have no idea what you are talking about...you are grasping to make something out to be what you want it to be and it is NOT. Drop some math and facts on us or go back to dreamland...Everything you are trying to make be "special" is just your wishful thinking...

...it was a rock...it blew up and went boom...story over.

Here's the thing Jeremiah65. There are no coincidences. Just serendipitous moments.

I don't think you'd be having this laid-back and above-a-conspiracy attitude if your butt was parked in Chelyabinsk Russia right now

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Any physicist will tell you that the patterns on the smoke trails are unlikely, unless the two rocks or rock 'tails' were identical, which is also unlikely, also the perfect ice circle is unlikely.

The ''unlikelies'' are the irregularities that require clearing up. Either something is being hidden / the reporting is dubious / they don't exactly know what hit them / it is something they did and want covered up / or a few very unlikely physics phenomena happened a the same time for the same incident, the laws of chance would say that that is unlikely.

Logical analysis people.

Just for my clarification....are you a Physicist, or what is your profession or where does your knowledge come from so I can understand where you are coming from? I am not a physicist nor do I have experience is this field but things look very clear to me which is a space rock came down in Russia, made incredible noise, injured people, damaged homes. Is it maybe because things are not clear to you, you call it dubious, cover up etc etc?

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 10:23 AM
link   
City of 1.1 million at 55 degrees N. looks awfully civilized and nice, lots of nice cars... Fascinating.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Yes that hole is laughable. Something moving fast ploughs a path on impact.

The pressure wave from the water under the ice alone would cause all sorts of fracturing.

The steam from the cold water vaporising on the very hot rock would cause an eruption over the fracture zone onto the surface of the ice.

This looks like the meteor took a chainsaw to the lake before easing itself into the cool water.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by eriktheawful

What are your credentials? Can you prove you're an expert in physics?

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Ok...so...this "meteorite" burns up as it enters the atmosphere....and then "explodes"? hmmmm
BTW....shouldn't the "experts" have known about this meteorite, before it entered earth's atmosphere? With all the "eyes in the sky"...you think we'd be a little more prepared. Something doesn't seem right with this.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a hole it made in a frozen lake

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Senduko

I wouldn't think so based on the heat aspect. This vid shows some crazy guys shooting bullets into ice to try to capture spin but it also works to show what heat can do as a factor. youtu.be... They shot a bullet into ice and, though they didn't penetrate it, there only damage to the ice is the point of partial entry. Ice melts when exposed to heat and that would act to smooth the edges of any impact into the ice It would have melted the ice as it penetrated and those water molecules outside of the heat zone would have stayed bonded. Does that make sense? That's my best guess as to why you don't see shards of ice around the hole.
edit on 15/2/13 by WhiteAlice because: ahh, forgot the vid. need more coffee!

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by CUBD1
City of 1.1 million at 55 degrees N. looks awfully civilized and nice, lots of nice cars... Fascinating.

are you in the right thread friend?
mind you this thread went a bit crazy so your post will just blend in

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by UnderGetty
Yes that hole is laughable. Something moving fast ploughs a path on impact.

The pressure wave from the water under the ice alone would cause all sorts of fracturing.

The steam from the cold water vaporising on the very hot rock would cause an eruption over the fracture zone onto the surface of the ice.

This looks like the meteor took a chainsaw to the lake before easing itself into the cool water.

Thank you.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by UnderGetty

You can dismiss the steam because you don't know when they arived at the seen, I can imagine pretty quickly though. All other things I wondered about to.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I would like to believe that an event such as the meteorite that hit Russia, brings the world a little closer together for the greater good because even though it wasn't our doorstep it landed on,at the end of the day Earth is still our home.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Is this guy a nutter?

Russian nationalist lawmaker Vladimir Zhirinovsky, long known for his flamboyance and outrageous remarks, said Friday that meteorite fragments had not rained down on Russia in the morning, but that the light flashes and tremors in several of the country’s regions resulted from US weapons tests, APA reports quoting RIA Novosti. “Those aren’t meteors falling, it’s the Americans testing new weapons,” Zhirinovsky, leader of the Liberal Democratic Party, told journalists several hours after the Emergencies Ministry began issuing statements on the incident, which has injured hundreds and damaged scores of buildings. He also said US Secretary of State John Kerry had wanted to warn Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov about the “provocation” on Monday, but couldn’t reach him – a reference to US State Department comments earlier this week that Kerry had spent several days trying to speak to Lavrov by phone to discuss North Korea and Syria. Outer space has its own laws, Zhirinovsky went on.

APA story

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I know it has been said, but for the umpteenth time, and for the love of the universe...Please, this was a naturally occuring event!

I don't have a degree in physics, but even I manage to work out this event is nothing more than a "mini Tunguska"

This space convict broke free, saw Earth as sanctuary, but didn't make it here in once piece.

Yeah, I don't know where the sentence above came from either....Just trying to lighten the mood

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Oh well, we've always wonder or at least asked the question "what would happen if a meteorite exploded over a populated area"...Now we have the yard stick with which to measure it....

I'm for not being told if a E.L.E asteroid is on it's way here....it would literally be all over in a flash...

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   

The fireball that hit Russia’s Urals is the largest rock to strike the planet since 1908, the Nature Magazine says. The blast was even more powerful than North Korea’s recent nuclear test, added the UK journal. Unlike the Russian Academy of Science, it estimated that the mass of the fireball was around 40 tons before it entered the atmosphere. Russian scientists have put the mass at 10 tons.

now thats some force!
biggest object since Tunguska

RT NEWS

top topics

<< 48  49  50    52  53  54 >>

join