It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meteorite Crashes in Russia

page: 50
<< 47  48  49    51  52  53 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lady_Tuatha
Here is a link to The Telegraph which explains the path of the meteorite in comparison to the 2012da14 asteroid.

some good info here

Russian Meteorite Explained

Thank you !

That should -- I pray -- put to rest the idea that this event is related at all to DA14.

I know I know, wishful thinking. But if nothing else, it's been presented. That is all one can ask for.

And to think, we have a Spanish dentist turned amateur astronomer to thank for discovering DA14 in the first place. Or else it would have likely been as unexpected as this one in Russia.. But without the fancy discussion after. Just another in a line of "Whew that was close!" near misses.

link   
reply to post by Creep Thumper

That kind of perfectly circular hole implies that the object came straight down. The hole should be elliptical based on the trajectory.

Well, I suppose its final approach might be more or less vertical, due to its horizontal component of velocity greatly reduced by the drag. Remember the delay of the shock wave. It's about 3 minutes, meaning the explosion occurred pretty high. Slowed down, the remains would fall following a parabolic trajectory.

But I do realize that this might be just a random or even man-made hole in the ice, as soon as we don't have any videos of actual impact.

The locals are already selling the pieces of yet-to-be-found meteorite, if anything

edit on 15-2-2013 by CaptainAbstract because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by Creep Thumper
reply to post by theabsolutetruth

That kind of perfectly circular hole implies that the object came straight down. The hole should be elliptical based on the trajectory.

Something else I was pondering about, considering the speed and the momentum it gained not the mention the heat, wouldn't there be like shards of broken ice around the hole?

edit on 15-2-2013 by Senduko because: *shrugs spelling*

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Exactly, it is a suspicious irregularity that doesn't fit the reports.

Mentioning that to some on ATS brings accusations of blaming ''aliens'' and ''them''.

The fact is that it is suspicious. Physics people, Physics.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Senduko

Something else I was pondering about, considering the speed and the momentum it gain not the mention the heat, wouldn't there be like shards of broken ice around the hole?

Yes there would.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   

yeah cant really argue with the facts.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   
A rock fell from space, blew apart and made a big boom...whoopie doopie.

Yes...it is a coincidence that 2012-DA14 is coming through as well...coincidence...period.

Never ceases to amaze me how the people that want to believe in "super special things" will find an excuse to see them everywhere and pretend to speak as if they were experts.

"It's impossible by physics for there to be two identical trails"...you have no idea what you are talking about...you are grasping to make something out to be what you want it to be and it is NOT. Drop some math and facts on us or go back to dreamland...Everything you are trying to make be "special" is just your wishful thinking...

...it was a rock...it blew up and went boom...story over.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   
CNN just reported that the reason thousands of Russians have dash cams is to record police corruption, which is a problem over there. That's why they got so many videos of this thing.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien

Originally posted by Flavian

It is two smoke trails given off one piece of asteroid that is in the process of breaking up.

I feel like giving up. Clearly rational thought has gone out of the window and it is simply either "Them" or "TPTB" or "Aliens" attacking us.................

Sometimes it feels more and more like GLP here....

edit on 15-2-2013 by Flavian because: (no reason given)

First off, how do you know that what struck was fully captured on film? I'm just saying, you're going by what?...video?...by what scientists are saying?...by easy/safe or assuring reasoning?
:

I'm with you on this. It could be a UFO, a satellite, a missile? No one knows 100% for sure at this stage.

link   

Originally posted by theabsolutetruth

Exactly, it is a suspicious irregularity that doesn't fit the reports.

Mentioning that to some on ATS brings accusations of blaming ''aliens'' and ''them''.

The fact is that it is suspicious. Physics people, Physics.

Or it's just not the actual site.

Critical thinking comes in handy, if you've read the thread, you will see that there have been a number of hoaxed items presented as news items from Russia.

But instead of going "Ahh well that's obviously not it."

you're going "Ahh.. so what are they trying to hide."

Hrmmm..

I'm done, been reading this since 11:16pm according to my first post, and it's well into 10am now by some counts, and it's just getting ridiculous.

Shame really.. Much like a meteorite burning up in the atmosphere, the thread started with awe, then it exploded into awesome, and now it's just trailing off into awww...

link   

So when you throw a rock in the water it makes eliptical waves?

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   

CNN just reported that the reason thousands of Russians have dash cams is to record police corruption, which is a problem over there. That's why they got so many videos of this thing.

I've noticed that about Russia -- LOTS of video from dash cams. Good for them. The area also looks surprisingly civilized and people have nice cars.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   
rt.com..." target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

Apparently this was taken by a weather satellite during entry, it has a strange shape for a meteorite

edit on 15-2-2013 by CaptainCanuck because: Grammar

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainCanuck

rt.com..." target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

Apparently this was taken by a weather satalite, it has a strange shape for a meteorite

That's the contrail of it.

2nd

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Jeremiah65

Any physicist will tell you that the patterns on the smoke trails are unlikely, unless the two rocks or rock 'tails' were identical, which is also unlikely, also the perfect ice circle is unlikely.

The ''unlikelies'' are the irregularities that require clearing up. Either something is being hidden / the reporting is dubious / they don't exactly know what hit them / it is something they did and want covered up / or a few very unlikely physics phenomena happened a the same time for the same incident, the laws of chance would say that that is unlikely.

Logical analysis people.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Written by some Russian:

Asteroids keep fallin' on my head
And just like the guy who said what’s never said
It never seems to quit
Those asteroids are fallin' on my head, they keep fallin'

So I just did me some talkin' to the sun
And I said I didn't like the way he sent them on
Sleepin' on the job
Those asteroids are fallin' on my head, they keep fallin'

But there's one thing I know
The radiation they send to meet me, won't defeat me
It won't be long till Armageddon steps up to greet me

But that doesn't mean my life will soon be turnin' dread
Dyin's not for me
'Cause I'm never gonna stop the rocks by relentin'
Because I'm free
Space rocks ain’t worryin' me

[trumpet]

But there's one thing I know
The radiation they send to meet me, won't defeat me
It won't be long till Armageddon steps up to greet me

And just like the guy who said what’s never said
Dyins's not for me
'Cause I'm never gonna stop the rocks by relentin'
Because I'm free
Space rocks ain’t worryin' me

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lady_Tuatha

yeah cant really argue with the facts.

No offense intended to you Lady Tuatha but.....science isn't based on fact. It's based on theories which many if not all, agree on.

So according to them, the asteroid is to the west and this meteor was to the south? Yeah you know what?...it's REAL easy to explain things afterward. Why didn't they see this when thousands of pairs of eyes are peeled toward the cosmos right now?

And let's assume they're right (in their theory. Not fact.....) that one object is to the west and the other, the south. At some point they had to have been on the same elliptical. So whose to say this meteor didn't break away from this asteroid say......last Wednesday?

It's all a guessing game. Science doesn't know 'know'. We don't even know this planet let alone space.
hey only postulate which is then backed by diagrams and verbiage then..... printed and passed on as 'fact'.

All I know is, in 500 years (if we make it) for now.... 2013 thinking is going to look incredibly ridiculous and primitive. The past tends to dictate the future. Remember that!

edit on 15-2-2013 by Human_Alien because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

I pointed out IRREGULARITIES.

I didn't PRESUME anything as to the the nature of these.

You PRESUMED and IMPLIED things about me that I didn't say. Don't do it.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by CUBD1

I've noticed that about Russia -- LOTS of video from dash cams. Good for them. The area also looks surprisingly civilized and people have nice cars.

Nice find, my friend!

My fellow Americans and Brits which I know in person were quite surprised to see that the image of Russia they had from the media differs drastically from the actual place when they visited it. They found it to have the same problems and people worrying the same worries as in their homelands.

Peace!

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by baburak

So when you throw a rock in the water it makes eliptical waves?

Did you look at the photo? It was in ice. It's Russia and it's winter.

new topics

top topics

<< 47  48  49    51  52  53 >>

join