It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meteorite Crashes in Russia

page: 48
<< 45  46  47    49  50  51 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by theabsolutetruth

You said they look too uniform to be two rocks giving off that pattern. Are you aware that a single meteor can give off more than one smoke column depending upon the composition and shape of the meteor as it burns up? (as well as angle of descent, etc).

It really isn't as simple as saying 2 smoke trails so 2 meteors. However, i do apologise for taking it out on you. You certainly haven't been the worst on this thread by an awfully long shot. Frustration got the better of me, you took the brunt.

link   

Originally posted by TauCetixeta
reply to post by tnhiker

Don't worry DA14 will be thousands of miles away.
When it passes then we can start trembling over some other asteroid that will miss.

17,184 miles.

I am not worried, nor do I ever rarely worry, my point is that it would be good to create more jobs for the sky observation. Also I was pointing out how little we truly know about the universe.

I did astrophotography for several years and it is so awe inspiring and humbling looking up at the night sky.

link   
I watched the news people say "don't worry this football-field size meteor won't do any damage". I called it by saying that thing is going to knock other debris right our way like a pool table. There is a lot of debris out there, I knew it.

CRAZY! That is scary!

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by hounddoghowlie

You mean I stated my opinion?
Yes. Yes I did.
I do that sometimes.

edit on 2/15/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

what? you have opinions? surely there is a law against that here on these forums and your shattering everyone's image that you only speak fact!

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flavian

It is two smoke trails given off one piece of asteroid that is in the process of breaking up.

I feel like giving up. Clearly rational thought has gone out of the window and it is simply either "Them" or "TPTB" or "Aliens" attacking us.................

Sometimes it feels more and more like GLP here....

edit on 15-2-2013 by Flavian because: (no reason given)

Here we go, the usual culprits throwing accusations of blaming ''aliens'' or ''them''. I never mentioned either so keep your troll posts to yourself.

If anyone isn't posting rationally that would be you. If you surmise such things about people even when they didn't say it, it would suggest you are the problem.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by theabsolutetruth
reply to post by TauCetixeta

Even if it went into two rocks the chances of them behaving having exactly the same level of burn up and trajectory in the way the picture shows are very UNLIKELY.

Look at the picture, look at how the two streams are IDENTICAL. Have you ever thrown two rocks that behaved identically?

Looks suspicious, answers on a postcard or keep your blindfold on.

well im not a scientist or a physicist, i will leave science for you to explain...
but the same point of entry, same speed, same temperature i believe it will leave the same trail... wouldnt it??

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by baraka
reply to post by piequal3because14

any reason in particular?
I was not referring to 2012 DA 14 necessary,but we shall see if a cloaked asteroid might escape projected gravitational trajectory related to mass decreasing of Sun and if can pass atmosphere or (and) will be rejected back in space...but this will depend on many factors.
edit on 15-2-2013 by piequal3because14 because: spelling

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Time-tagged video clearly shows two parallel trails at end of entry track:
www.youtube.com...
Office camera shows workers being stunned by smashing windows:
www.youtube.com...

A weather satellite caught the flare:
www.flickr.com...

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   

You said they look too uniform to be two rocks giving off that pattern. Are you aware that a single meteor can give off more than one smoke column depending upon the composition and shape of the meteor as it burns up? (as well as angle of descent, etc).

It really isn't as simple as saying 2 smoke trails so 2 meteors. However, i do apologise for taking it out on you. You certainly haven't been the worst on this thread by an awfully long shot. Frustration got the better of me, you took the brunt.

Of course I am aware of that. I know Physics, hence mentioning it in the first place. It is an unusual smoke trail given all considerations, even if it had two 'tails' the chances of them behaving identically is unlikely and that paired with the perfect circle crater looks a bit suspicious.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   
this is weird.

Vladimir Zhirinovsky, the nationalist leader noted for vehement statements, said 'It's not meteors falling, it's the test of a new weapon by the Americans,' the RIA Novosti news agency reported.

I seen this on the report from drudge.

link

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by TauCetixeta

The asteroid split into 2 pieces.
The show is over. It looks like sonic booms can cause damage if you are
directly below them.

Wow! The old 'two planes took down three buildings' trick again!

But kidding aside, it appears it was at least 5 separate points of impact. I'll try to find what I read earlier that led me to believe that

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   
From my understanding based on the shape and size of the meteor, if it was in the process of breaking up it could leave dual trails. The dual trails (from the pictures I have seen) appear only at the end, right before the air burst. Its possible that picture/video is showing the process of it breaking up. If its traveling at 33.000 km/hr (I think was the guestimated speed) it literally covered that space in the blink of an eye. Plus it is burning up from re-entry, the air temperature based on the location and snow on the ground would be very cold.

Thats how I understand it.

link   

It is you trolling and adding nothing of value to this thread.

And then claiming 2 smoke trails is clearly suspicious - what of? Care to back it up with any evidence?

link   
This is awesome, would have loved to be there to witness it! I'd bet in another week this topic will be under conspiracies as some plane that was shot down or ufo or some other weird anomaly other than a meteorite

Awesome thread!

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by winofiend

Isn't it funny how the thread has taken a different bent now that it's entered into a different time zone.

It' SOO funny because I just thought the same thing...it's early AM in the US now and all of a sudden this thread brims with Aliens and the Pope

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 09:44 AM
link   

link   

Originally posted by theabsolutetruth
reply to post by TauCetixeta

Even if it went into two rocks the chances of them behaving having exactly the same level of burn up and trajectory in the way the picture shows are very UNLIKELY.

Look at the picture, look at how the two streams are IDENTICAL. Have you ever thrown two rocks that behaved identically?

Looks suspicious, answers on a postcard or keep your blindfold on.

I see no conspiracy here.
I see fireworks from space. That's about it.
The rock really hot and then split into 2 pieces. The 2 pieces got even smaller and
hit the Earth.
The show is over. I'm glad someone posted that video on YouTube.
It is very clear what happened.

link   

It is you trolling and adding nothing of value to this thread.

And then claiming 2 smoke trails is clearly suspicious - what of? Care to back it up with any evidence?

I never mentioned ''aliens'' or ''them''.

You implied otherwise, that's trolling. If you don't like being called out on it, don't do it.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Are you showing evidence or not?

Or do you just want to argue?

new topics

<< 45  46  47    49  50  51 >>

join