It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meteorite Crashes in Russia

page: 36
<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Its possible EA*RTH detection devices SEE(N) these and other objects, within. If so to track/interact is/was possible. Interesting find OP.

Prayers and vibes are with those who encountered the dangers within the impact/fall zones.

NAMASTE*******

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Atzil321

One or two smoke trails?

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hijinx
reply to post by Mnemicrsl

I'm 99.99% positive this event didn't cause any casualties. From the sounds of things it was terrifying but minor as far as meteorites go. Loud Airburst, some broken windows, car alarms going off. Any injuries would likely be related to starling(falling off ladders, down stairs, heart attacks.)

Do some google searching, I'm just starting to scour now for more info.

Sadly Hijinx over 500 people have so far been injured and these are just the first casualties being reported :

www.reuters.com...

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Senduko

There always is, the planet is surrounded by debris... 'shooting stars' are pieces from that field, while it's pretty rare that a piece doesn't burn up before impact, it's not strange or abnormal.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Nature is awesome....if only the evil of the world could be all in the same place at once and a meteor land right on them instead.

That aside, I guess there isn't much of a contingency plan worth it's salt for major meteor strike for places like nuclear reactors.

www.bbc.co.uk...

The Chelyabinsk region, about 1,500km (930 miles) east of Moscow, is home to many factories, a nuclear power plant and the Mayak atomic waste storage and treatment centre.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 07:16 AM
link   
OHH NOES THE WORLD IS GONNA END. I knew this would bring these types out when i saw it posted on the news. I said to myself omg the doomsayers are gonna love this on ATS.

Im so scared ohhh DA is 50 meters (160 ft) big deal doomers you wake me up when a ELE type asteroid at least half a kilometer is shaving us close. Im not worried about the small babys. Even if one could cause a Tunguska event the chance of it killing me are 1 in a million.

NON ELE asteroids do not scare me.

Keep on dooming
edit on 15-2-2013 by hellbjorn012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Atzil321

persistent trains (smoke trails) are common with fireball type meteors and may last from seconds to minutes. I don't know why anyone is so mystified by this... If something burns up it gives off smoke right?

Not mystified by this. What I am mystified by is TWO smoke trails. I've seen fireballs and a few falling stars. Never have I seen TWO smoke trails behind them.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by hellbjorn012
OHH NOES THE WORLD IS GONNA END. I knew this would bring these types out when i saw it posted on the knew. I said to myself omg the doomsayers are gonna love this on ATS.

Im so scared ohhh DA is 50 meters (160 ft) big deal doomers you wake me up when a ELE type asteroid at least half a kilometer is shaving us close. Im not worried about the small babys. Even if one could cause a tusgoria event the chance of it killing me are 1 in a million.

Keep on dooming

Yes like the Tusgoria event
Your one brave soul aren't you

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 07:20 AM
link   
RT update : Injured up to 900 people! And the crater itself was just over 6 meter

link   
IM going to go now and enjoy my day, keep worrying about a INSIGNIFICANT SIZED asteroid see ya tomm.

bwhahahahah
bye bye

link   

Originally posted by Senduko

Originally posted by silo13
I just heard on the afternoon news that another meteor has hit - again in Russia.

Anyone else heard this yet?

I'm looking for confirmation.

peace

It seems there are allot of reports of meteors all over the world.
Please look at these links
www.kxl.com...
thelatestworldwidemeteorreports.blogspot.be...

There are meteorites flying by the earth almost constantly. The link you've provided is like 'meteorite watch', to observe and monitor the ones spotted by observatories.

Sorry but I don't see the point. There were no more meteor hits after that one in Russia (at least until now) so stop with the fear mongering.

edit on 15-2-2013 by Shuye because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shuye

Originally posted by silo13
I just heard on the afternoon news that another meteor has hit - again in Russia.

Anyone else heard this yet?

I'm looking for confirmation.

peace

It seems there are allot of reports of meteors all over the world.
Please look at these links
www.kxl.com...
thelatestworldwidemeteorreports.blogspot.be...

There are meteorites flying by the earth almost constantly. The link you've provided is like 'meteorite watch', to observe and monitor the ones spotted by observatories.

Sorry but I don't see the point. There were no more meteor hits after that one in Russia, so stop with the fear mongering.

Well said but anything that doesnt happen on a daily basis will bring the fear mongers of ATS out

link   

Originally posted by samuel1990

Originally posted by Phage

Residents of the town of Emanzhilinsk, some 50 kilometers from Chelyabinsk, said they saw a flying object that suddenly burst into flames, broke apart and fell to earth, and that a black cloud had been seen hanging above the town. Witnesses in Chelyabinsk said the city’s air smells like gunpowder.

rt.com...
That doesn't sound like a meteor. It sounds like a plane exploding.

edit on 2/15/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

And how many burning planes have you smelt?

With his ears?

How many meteorites have you listened to with your nose?

link   
reply to post by Deaf Alien

Well?

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 07:23 AM
link   
If this meteor is related to the asteroid that is due to pass earth later today then we could all be in for an interesting 24 hours.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Deaf Alien

It´s like talking to a deaf person hu? No seriously, why doesnt anybody answer you?
edit on 15-2-2013 by Nettlas because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by hellbjorn012

I can honestly understand it. But there's a difference between fear mongering with a somewhat explainable reason, and releasing disinformation that is causing fear mongering.

This is basically:

Just for the sake of it.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by hellbjorn012
OHH NOES THE WORLD IS GONNA END. I knew this would bring these types out when i saw it posted on the knew. I said to myself omg the doomsayers are gonna love this on ATS.

Im so scared ohhh DA is 50 meters (160 ft) big deal doomers you wake me up when a ELE type asteroid at least half a kilometer is shaving us close. Im not worried about the small babys. Even if one could cause a tusgoria event the chance of it killing me are 1 in a million.

Keep on dooming

Yes like the Tusgoria event
Your one brave soul aren't you

they always do that lol. stop trying to stand out.

patiently waits for ra-14 to come... hehehee

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deaf Alien
Not mystified by this. What I am mystified by is TWO smoke trails. I've seen fireballs and a few falling stars. Never have I seen TWO smoke trails behind them.

Chances are it fractured into two chunks when it hit the upper atmosphere and as its come down both were burning up separately.

Not really hard to surmise that.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Nettlas

My guess is no one has a answer for his question yet
But yea, it looks special - The videos I've seen where you see the meteor, those does not have two trails behind it.

new topics

top topics

<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join