It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meteorite Crashes in Russia

page: 102
<< 99  100  101    103  104  105 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by theabsolutetruth

Ahh I see. You are just looking to make this into a conspiracy and as you stated anything that goes against your preconceived notion will be discounted to fit your ideas whether or not it is logical or not.

I kind of figured as much from reading your posts about the trails left behind from the meteor.

That is fine but I only wish to discuss the scientific aspects and reality here.

You seem to be one of those people who can’t accept anything as reality if it doesn’t come from an obscure source which are really the sours you should be most leery of. Most of us can discern what is trustworthy reporting or not although some cannot so they chose to remain on the fringe they are still sheep they just follow a different shepard.

There are those that follow the lost shepherd that would have us believe the meteor never existed if they could and indeed some have even tried with their only reasoning being that they heard about it on MSM. Those people have a hard time discerning fact from fiction and tend to believe the zaniest things some which are technologically impossible. There is a thread ongoing where someone Cede into the recording something shooting the asteroid it is fake as can be and people have been show that yet there are still those who ignore reality because they want to believe something otherworldly.

Anyway as far as the ice hole goes like I said until it is confirmed one way or another and I do not mean a guy saying he thinks it may be which is still just him saying he is guessing then I say I think they will find what they are looking for in the spring when they are set to return

They found a peice at the lake
edit on 17-2-2013 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by theabsolutetruth
reply to post by Cauliflower

From the way things seem so corrupt and hidden there, I wouldn't be at all surprised if this hole was a total decoy in the first place. I doubt they would say to the population of the province that are subject to daily unsafe radiation levels, ''the meteorite is over here'', given that they are worth a lot of money.

I am also still not convinced this thing was ''just a meteor'', it looks like more, perhaps intercepted, or a missile cloaked as a meteor.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Russian and perhaps other governments are keeping some secrets here.
edit on 17-2-2013 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

I agree, I wouldn't be surprised if it was a decoy myself. I still can't get over the fact they had already discovered the "impact" location and had photos up within a hour of the the actual incident. Little odd considering how vast and remote most the areas of Russia are and in the middle of a local crisis you would think they have more important things to attend to other than looking for the impact zone. It doesn't sit right with me...

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Yeah but if you are going to say a meteorite crashes then how could that be possible if it's already crashed?

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Was wondering how the sonic booms would sound if i mixed from several audio sources.
So i found 4 audio sources from around the web, extracted the audio and mixed them into a video.

If you want to have a hear check it out

edit on 17/2/2013 by kloejen because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 01:39 AM
link   
I found a video today that just made my day.

At 1.50 he says "they are bombing us and xxx"

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

Nope that is your twisted logic and attempt at riduculing those that question things.

You go away believe EVERYTHING you hear on these reports, go base your uneducated view of science on those reports if you want.

I would suggest a realistic view of the world instead.

MSM shows you a small rock, you immediately believed it as a meteorite. You go do your armchair science from that ok, same for the ice hole, cause that is obviously your idea of ''science'' too isn't it. Where did you get your degree in delusion? The school of MSM 'the ultimate faith believe everything you hear' armchair science?

''scientific view of reality'' is that where you believe something reported because it reportedly came from a ''scientist'', or believing whatever was reported first and discounting everything after, or is it the science of psychological denial where you think of everything as legitimate and governments wouldn't ever lie or believing selective reports that fit the thing you want to believe?

I will question as I see fit and I will apply proper science.
edit on 18-2-2013 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 04:28 AM
link   
An interesting read, maybe connected to recent event:

The team's findings support the controversial theory that an asteroid impact occurred 12,900 years ago and triggered the start of an unusual cold period on Earth, leading to widespread extinction of human and animal life.

In the cold period, known as the Younger Dryas, North American megafauna including mammoths and giant ground sloths disappeared forever, along with a prehistoric civilisation called the Clovis culture.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk... lisation.html#ixzz2LFGRdY70
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

And there is a thread about this:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 18-2-2013 by DangerDeath because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Something does not add up here.
The smoke trail is way too persistent,
compared to a shooting star

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Angelic Resurrection

It's a normal one, when something enters the atmosphere it will burn up and the rest will explode.
This is not rocket science.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Angelic Resurrection
Something does not add up here.
The smoke trail is way too persistent,
compared to a shooting star

True.

It doesn't look like a 10,000 ton rock travelling at 40,000 mph that is FRAGMENTING 15 miles high in the atmosphere with the force of 500 kt.

It looks more like something with twin engines or something that was hit by something with twin engines, and exploding but not fragmenting.

After the explosion puff there are no contrails, is the suggestion that it TOTALLY vapourised with no hot material immediately after explosion.

I would also expect fragmenting to be far more visible on entry, it exploded visually rather near the horizon for supposedly being 15 miles high, looked like far less.

Most meteors burn up in the mesosphere, yet this stayed in a nice ball (showing a nice clean contrail that then became two uniform contrails) and didn't fragment until the tropopause where it poofed and disappeared?

Again statistical anomalies.

edit on 18-2-2013 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 08:23 AM
link   
The meteor must have been big in order for it not to disinegrate...But if you look at the illumination given off at different time intervals it suggests a meteor and not a man made rocket etc..

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 08:26 AM
link   

How it breaks up depends on things like the composition of the object, as well as angle of descent, speed of descent, etc.

I really can't be bothered to get into a lively discussion with you again about it but, suffice to say, it isn't simply a case of a rock at such and such a size will break up in such and such a way. Basically, there are many variable factors to apply.

In case you were wondering, i am still saying space rock!

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

I know that.

For those offering first grade science as explanations, please refrain.

The reason for questioning certain aspects is because they do not appear as one would scientifically expect, the trails, the lack of fragment contrails etc.

NASA said it was a tiny asteroid that exploded and vapourised, it would normally have done so earlier and higher and would show more evidence of fragment contrails. It would have more chance of reaching so far without fragmenting if it were iron which it wasn't if it fragmented and totally vapourised without hitting ground.

Russia: ''here's the ice hole''
NASA: ''it vapourised and didn't hit ground''
Russia: ''the hole was made by something else''
Russia: ''we found meteorite 'falls'''

Do the math.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Going down the insults road again eh?

Won't waste my time then.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Izak4K

It's a normal one, when something enters the atmosphere it will burn up and the rest will explode.

Lol really, you are trying to teach me rocket science, is it?

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by karen61560

Surely you don't believe all nations adhere to the rules of the Geneva Convention? What about the use of torture against prisoners of war? Ever heard of "water boarding"?
The rules of the Geneva Convention do not apply to products produced by private manufacturers, unless they are used against an enemy during a time of war. I believe the rules were brought about due to the use of mustard gas during the First World War.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by kloejen

Very cool vid. You made me think of something, I wonder how many people are going to have hearing damage from the blast? not sure what the sound level would be but way way over 100 decibels I would imagine.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Fragments found - confirmed by CNN:

What was in that meteor that exploded spectacularly over Russia's Urals region last week? Radioactive spores? Tiny Martians? Kryptonite?

Nope, just rock and a bit of iron, according to Russian scientists who tracked fragments of the meteor to the frozen surface of Lake Chebarkul.

Scientists from Urals Federal University found 53 small meteorites on the surface of the lake and believe a larger fragment is under water, said Viktor Grokhovsky, the scientist who led the effort.

The fragments point to a rocky meteor with about 10% iron mixed in, Grokhovsky told CNN.

Source: CNN

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Angelic Resurrection

Originally posted by Izak4K

Lol really, you are trying to teach me rocket science, is it?

Come on, you are missing the point.Tell me something before I start thinking.

top topics

<< 99  100  101    103  104  105 >>

join