It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moralities Censorship

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

Originally posted by SkOrpiOn
So immoral people who cheat on their spouses or abuse children or steal from others or kill are.... the good guys according to you?

So believers in God, pretending to be atheists, and then telling other believers in God, that they’re brainwashed (post can be found here) is what you call being the good guy???

And your explanation, which can be found on this thread here

And below…

…I was simply rehashing the usual cliches used by non-theists (skyfairy, brainwashing etc)to point out how absurd it is to think that science has the answers to everything…

Your explanation of “rehashing the usual clichés used by non-theists”, doesn’t really apply, to someone who is already a theist himself! ???

But on that thread, you made out, that you were an atheist, and then didn’t even bother to offer an explanation, to my final post on the thread, as to why you said I was brainwashed etc…

But I guess you’re the good guy in all this…

- JC

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Joecroft

But on that thread, you made out, that you were an atheist, and then didn’t even bother to offer an explanation, to my final post on the thread, as to why you said I was brainwashed etc…

I don't always keep track of every single thread I participate in. Also I am not familiar with every single poster I reply to. One glance at my profile and its clear that I am a theist.

So believers in God, pretending to be atheists, and then telling other believers in God, that they’re brainwashed (post can be found here) is what you call being the good guy???

I simply highlighted the kind of arguments non-theists bring up... the usual stuff involving sky fairies, brainwashing.... and how science seems to know it all.

But I guess I'm not good at using sarcasm... and I should just stick to answering to the point from now on. Also, I pretty much agreed with everything you said in that thread.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 10:54 PM
link   

I don't always keep track of every single thread I participate in.

I don’t think your quite getting it. I originally asked you the question first, in this post (not just my final post on the thread) And your next post in reply to it, you answered a question, with a question. Which means, you were already aware, that my question had been asked. And yet for some reason, you didn’t think it was even worthy, of giving an explanation too???

Also I am not familiar with every single poster I reply to. One glance at my profile and its clear that I am a theist.

You need to go back read the thread again, because your initial replies too me appeared to be that of an atheist. And you didn’t have the titles of Allah, in your signature back then. Which is pretty obvious, from my final post on that thread, because it was only when I researched your other thread posts, that I found out, you were in fact a Muslim theist.

I simply highlighted the kind of arguments non-theists bring up... the usual stuff involving sky fairies, brainwashing.... and how science seems to know it all.

Yes I know you did, but I then found out that you were a theist, and asked you why you made those comments etc And you didn’t give me an answer, except ask me another question…which I politely answered, expecting you too reciprocate, by answering/explaining yourself. Which you didn’t do…my question is, why didn’t you???

- JC

edit on 15-2-2013 by Joecroft because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Joecroft

Which you didn’t do…my question is, why didn’t you???

You mean, why I didn't immediately respond to your question?
Like I said I don't always keep track of every single thread I post on. I humbly apologize if I came across as rude. You could have always PMd me about it... but since you didn't, I thought you dropped the case as well.

From that thread

So why are you telling me to “keep on believing in the Sky Fairy” and that I’m brainwashed etc, when you yourself apparently believe in God…can you explain yourself?

I wasn't "telling" you anything.
I was spoofing the kind of arguments we hear from non-theists... about sky fairies and what not... in order to dismiss theological concepts and questions.

Hope that clears things up.
edit on 16-2-2013 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 08:24 AM
link   

You mean, why I didn't immediately respond to your question?

No, you did respond, but with a question of your own, while completely ignoring my question. Which in all honesty, really deserved some type of explanation/answer.

Like I said I don't always keep track of every single thread I post on.

But your not grasping it, you were already aware of the question, and the importance of it. It was part of our ongoing discussion, at that time.

I humbly apologize if I came across as rude.

Your apology is not accepted, because you just don’t seem to be getting, what you need to apologize for. It came across as confusing, but not explaining it straight away, is what made it worse… You see, it didn’t come across rude, as you put it…it WAS rude! So your half hearted apology, is not accepted…

You could have always PMd me about it... but since you didn't, I thought you dropped the case as well.

It’s not up to me too PM someone about something, when I had already asked you the question in the thread itself. It was up to you too PM me, or answer the question on the thread yourself.

From that thread
Posted be Joecroft
So why are you telling me to “keep on believing in the Sky Fairy” and that I’m brainwashed etc, when you yourself apparently believe in God…can you explain yourself?

I wasn't "telling" you anything.

So what do you call this post below…

From that thread
Posted by SkOrpiOn, in reply to Joecroft
lol... keep on believing in a sky fairy.
Clearly,you have been brainwashed by religion.

???

I was spoofing the kind of arguments we hear from non-theists... about sky fairies and what not... in order to dismiss theological concepts and questions.

But you gave me the impression you were an atheist, which your quite entitled to do I suppose lol; but I thought it deserved some type of explanation… don’t you???

You see, there are 2 questions here; why as a theist, would you do that, and why didn’t you offer some type of explanation at the time?

Your replies so far, are making this far worse, than it needs to be…

- JC

edit on 16-2-2013 by Joecroft because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bronynonymous
Morals are what separate us from the apes. Because we have morals, we have the ability to understand that certain things are wrong. Without morals, murder would be considered okay, adultery and lies would be even more commonplace than they are now. Sorry but I disagree.

This is why I never understood the Atheist reasoning for removing the ten commandments from a courthouse in Texas a few years ago, and all the other cases involving removal of this from public property. I assume it has much to do with the first commandment which says, "I am the Lord your God, thou shalt have no other God's before me." What would this country be like without the basic morality of the rest of the commandments? Oh, wait...I know. I see..........

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Define morality.

I consider myself a moral person, but I believe our definitions of morality are different. I do not consider censorship moral.

For me, morality is about priorities. Do not do to others, what you do not want to get done to you. It is about setting your priorities so that your own agenda does not directly harm others, whether the harm is social/financial/physical/mental or any other kind. Morality is about getting your results on your own and not on the expense of others, either by using or tricking them into something.

I always try to respect the opinion of others, although as much as I see, people judge all the time and they do not think there might be two right answer for something. Easy example would be religion. Religious person vs atheist. In some ways both of them might be right, neither has been absolutely proved, yet both are often trying to prove that they have the right answer, that their opinion on such matter is the absolute truth.

I am personally an atheist. I believe their might be some higher force that had its part in the creation, but not in a biblical way. Yet often when I am talking to a religious person, they start offending me. I myself respect their choice for this matter, but they do not respect mine.

I will not build a wall of text about my opinion. I tried to explain my personal views on this matter as shortly as possible
Overally I believe morality is far from censorship. Respecting other opinions does not equal to censoring your own opinions and beliefs. I do not mind people telling me their ways of living as long as they do not judge my beliefs and do not try to convince me they are right.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Cabin

I do respect other's views no matter what, and you appear to be a nice atheist!

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by elrem48
This is why I never understood the Atheist reasoning for removing the ten commandments from a courthouse in Texas a few years ago, and all the other cases involving removal of this from public property. I assume it has much to do with the first commandment which says, "I am the Lord your God, thou shalt have no other God's before me." What would this country be like without the basic morality of the rest of the commandments? Oh, wait...I know. I see..........

Our current a-cultur-ation is decidedly anti-anything that associates with morality. This can be (most recently) traced back to the '60s and the old 'if it feels good, do it' concept that was based on satisfying our physical/animal instincts first and then, maybe later, consider those things that had separated us from the animals.

Morality is something that was introduced to help humanity define itself as being more than the physical machine that lived for wick-dipping... among other things. Whether it came from a specific deity or just someone who conceived of rising above those most basic (and based) instincts, really matters not.

Today, the happy trend is to slam religion because it demands more of the individual and gives less back right away. This runs contrary to those who seek immediate satisfaction and physical pleasure with absolutely no regard to the cost of the same.

Oh yes, morality comes with a price tag and the one most hated is not being able to do whatever you want to the moment you want to do it. Even those who had set themselves on a pedestal in the clergy have fallen victim to this as is represented with the numerous cases of pedophilia.

Imperfect creatures that, at one time, sought to rise above themselves, used morality as roadsigns and benchmarks. Today, we prefer to go four-wheeling in the woods... roads and signs be damned

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by WarJohn

No to morality? Demons. In training.

2nd

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join