HAARP being heard once again on HAM Radio

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaveTheWolves
reply to post by FawnyKate

The HAM I know has over 30 years of HAM experience and says this is not the regular sounds one picks up.

I have too, and you hear this stuff all the time. If you search ATS, someone had a real nice recording of a higher baud transmission last year, likely military.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 04:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

HAM receivers are general purpose SW receivers, with some add-ons for the common modulation techniques HAMs use, generally with better IF bandwidth control. As such, any HAM can receive all over the HF band, you're just not supposed to transmit there.

However, pretty much any rig WILL transmit way outside HAM frequencies. The newer digital stuff may not, but my old tube rigs could do a lot more than the law allowed, both power and center frequency.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Philippines

That is a HAM radio in that car. You're right, you have to be certified in order to be a HAM operator. CB anybody can talk on a CB. And yes, some people have huge HAM setups in their homes with those huge antennas. They are neat. It's quite a hobby and in case of a disaster they can come in very handy, so I'm told.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

Oh, thanks! I will try to find that one. I know a lot of people don't think there is anything to be suspicious of but I haven't seen any real proof that these sounds are not HAARP or some other kind of military transmission.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

I have a neighbor with a huge antenna. I don't know the guy. I can only imagine what he must pick up...signals from the moon perhaps? LOL

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

Interesting! I never thought of it that way. But then I'm not a HAM operator so a lot of this stuff is over my head.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

I don't know about the person who uploaded the video but the HAM I know used to hear the woodpecker back in the day. He said this sound is reminiscent of it although not exactly like it. He said he has just recently started hearing it again and he thought it could be a newer version of the woodpecker and not necessarily coming from Russia since there are other countries doing this stuff now.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

And it is random. There is no way to know when they will be doing it. You just have to run the radio on a scan and you may or may not pick it up on any given day. Thanks for your comments!

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bedlam

Originally posted by FlySolo

I'm not so sure we could hear the HAARP frequency with our ears seeing the H stands for High Frequency. We can hear up to 7 khz but that sounds a lot lower.

You can't hear radio with your ears, no matter what frequency it is, because radio signals are not sound.

That's why you need a radio receiver to turn it into sound for you.

Yes, I am aware of that. Not sure why you feel the need to tell me. HAARP runs in the MHz band. Specifically...

The HAARP project directs a 3.6 MW signal, in the 2.8–10 MHz region of the HF (high-frequency) band

You'll never hear 2.8 - 10 MHz with your ears. Exactly what I previously stated. Receiver or not, you'll never hear it. And as Chadwickus already said, HAM radios aren't even in that band to pick up interference from HAARP.
edit on 16-2-2013 by FlySolo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

What if "they" aren't telling you the truth when "they" say that's what it runs at? I think there are a lot of things "they" tell us that aren't necessarily the truth or the whole truth.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   

reply to post by Bedlam

Oh, thanks! I will try to find that one. I know a lot of people don't think there is anything to be suspicious of but I haven't seen any real proof that these sounds are not HAARP or some other kind of military transmission.

Well, just logically, you can't prove a negative, so no one can prove it's NOT something. Generally you try to prove it IS something.

But if you've done many comms designs, you can listen to that and know what it is. If I had a really good recording of it I could pick it apart with a fourier analyzer and get the mark and space frequencies, but it's a low baud data feed.

The woodpecker wasn't modulated like that. I'm not sure you could get the BAE exciter at HAARP to fake a FSK modem transmission, but you wouldn't do that in the normal scheme of things - it would be easier to just grab a Yaesu rig and let fly than to tie up a specialized research installation to fake a data transmission.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   

reply to post by Bedlam

I so love it when ATS double posts.

Anyway, it might well BE a military transmission. The military uses HF for that sort of thing all the time. More data on the frequency it was on and what sort of transmission it was (FM, SSB etc) would tell you something, but I can't make it out from the video.
edit on 16-2-2013 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   

reply to post by Bedlam

And it is random. There is no way to know when they will be doing it. You just have to run the radio on a scan and you may or may not pick it up on any given day. Thanks for your comments!

The woodpecker was there all the damn time, riding the MUF.

You could push it off frequency a bit by keying up right on top of it, if you got enough people to do it. But they'd come back after a few minutes.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Back in the 70s and early 80s we all heard the Russian woodpecker,even on CB radios and was so loud at times that mixed with general skip noise (reception of non-direct signals bounced off the atmospheric layers) it was so strong here in the UK that it made all but the most very local transmissions unusable.

But as a few others have said,this just sounds like regular data or telemetry transmissions to me,nothing to do with HAARP.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Originally posted by FlySolo

Yes, I am aware of that. Not sure why you feel the need to tell me.

I guess because you said "I'm not so sure we could hear the HAARP frequency with our ears." A lot of ATSers seem to think that radio frequencies in the range of human hearing can be heard as sound. A 7kHz radio signal would still be inaudible.

You'll never hear 2.8 - 10 MHz with your ears. Exactly what I previously stated.

But you would never hear a radio transmission in the 20Hz-20,000Hz range either. The frequency's not the issue.

Receiver or not, you'll never hear it. And as Chadwickus already said, HAM radios aren't even in that band to pick up interference from HAARP.

Know how I can tell you're not a HAM? Look, go to hamradio.com, pick out any HF rig's data sheet. You'll find that they will receive pretty much anything, you just can't transmit with them outside of the standard HAM bands. A Yaesu FTdx3000 will receive anywhere from 30kHz to 56MHz. As will the other rigs.
edit on 16-2-2013 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   

reply to post by FlySolo

What if "they" aren't telling you the truth when "they" say that's what it runs at? I think there are a lot of things "they" tell us that aren't necessarily the truth or the whole truth.

No, that's pretty much it. You're pushing it at the outside edges, too, up around 10MHz the array's real inefficient.

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join