It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HAARP being heard once again on HAM Radio

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 09:26 PM
link   
HAARP Pulse Heard on Ham Radio

I know a HAM operator that used to hear the Russian woodpecker back in the early eighties. Now he is reporting hearing similar sounds again. What he has been hearing recently sounds like the sounds on this video. Supposedly the Russians stopped using the woodpecker in the late eighties. Could they be experimenting with it again? And what was the original purpose of it?

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by spoonbender

Thanks for embedding it! I don't know how to do it. LOL

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by SaveTheWolves

I'm not so sure we could hear the HAARP frequency with our ears seeing the H stands for High Frequency. We can hear up to 7 khz but that sounds a lot lower.
edit on 14-2-2013 by FlySolo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

The HAM operator I know said they used to think it was the Russian's way of disrupting their signals.

I know wiki isn't the most reliable source but this is what I found there just now...

The Russian Woodpecker was a notorious Soviet radio signal that could be sporadically heard on the shortwave radio bands worldwide between July 1976 and December 1989. It sounded like a sharp, repetitive tapping noise, at 10 Hz, giving rise to the "Woodpecker" name. The random frequency hops disrupted legitimate broadcast, amateur radio, commercial aviation communications, utility transmissions, and resulted in thousands of complaints by many countries worldwide. Because of its extremely high power output (over 10 MW in some cases), the signal became such a nuisance that some receivers such as amateur radios and televisions actually began including 'Woodpecker Blankers' in their design.

Russian Woodpecker

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaveTheWolves
reply to post by spoonbender

Thanks for embedding it! I don't know how to do it. LOL

To embed, click on the "VID: Youtube" tab above the posting box, and then when you use your link "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e57r9dfUhFg" only take "e57r9dfUhFg" and post it in the dialog box it provides.
edit on 2/14/2013 by eXia7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by eXia7

Ahhh Thank you!

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 10:51 PM
link   
WhY is this HAARP?

Just sounds like noise to me lol

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by alienjuggalo

To a HAM Radio operator, this is not just noise. LOL He has been a HAM for over 30 years and is very familiar with noises of different sorts. When I am listening to the HAM radio and I hear different noises and ask if that's HAARP he is quick to say "no" and tell me that it's just static or whatever. So he is not one to think every random noise heard on the radio is HAARP. He said he just started hearing this kind of sound again in the last few weeks and only occasionally.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 12:17 AM
link   
I have a uniden police scanner capable of recieving most of the ham radio bands, i have an old tube radio, and a shortwave radio. the tube radio has a police band from when the police frequencies were HF and vlf.

if im right, i can possible get the 160 meter ham band on my tube radio. the shortwave can cover a couple more ham bands, and the police scanner can pretty much cover the rest, except the ham band in 1.2-1.3 ghz

if anyone knows what frequency this is on, lemme know and i'll see if i can lock it in, for know, i'll be scanning all my available bands

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 12:39 AM
link   
The ionospheric heater at HAARP operates at between 2.8 and 10MHz, usually at the lower end where it is more efficient.

Nothing showing on their own spectrum monitor. Just the usual noise.
www.haarp.alaska.edu...

For comparison, this is what it looks like when it's operating (I think).
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 2/15/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by radiotracker350

When the HAM I know hears it, it's usually because he is letting his radio scan. Of course the hard part is that it's such a random event. He heard it on a Sunday afternoon and told me about it. Then we both heard it a couple of days later. There was another sound that we heard that I thought could have been HAARP but he said it was just a normal kind of static. If I find out more I will post it as a reply to you. I hope if other people are hearing it they will post it on here. It would be good to try to keep track of it.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Very interesting. Now those were from Alaska. Russia has HAARP but do you know of any other countries that have it? I wonder if it always looks the same regardless of who is doing it.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Russia has Sura not HAARP. Norway has EISCAT not HAARP. Those are the new most powerful (but far less powerful than HAARP). Sura has a lower frequency range,. 4.5 to 9.3 MHZ. EISCAT about the same as Sura.

If the signals from either one were detected at HAARP they would be much weaker than the locally generated ones.

The "woodpecker" was a radar system which went out of use long ago.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Hmmm I'm getting so many mixed messages about what is and what isn't HAARP or HAARP technology. I had read that the Russians came out with it first. This is a really interesting topic to me. It gets blamed for all kinds of things. So much to learn about it. And now I'm too tired to focus. LOL

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 01:33 AM
link   

First. The woodpecker had nothing to do with HAARP. It was a powerful radar transmitter which was used to keep an eye on the west during the cold war.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 08:10 AM
link   
I've been a radio HAM a few years now and that sounds very much like Slow Scan TV reference points, I would say its just a commercial data transmission.

I can't quite make out what frequency he is on as I cant make out the decimal point on the display so cant see if he is actually on a HAM Band or just listening in on other frequencies.

I

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 08:14 AM
link   

HAARP doesn't operate on HAM bands.

Whatever the guy is picking up, isn't from HAARP.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus

HAARP doesn't operate on HAM bands.

Whatever the guy is picking up, isn't from HAARP.

Ham radios can receive on a much wider range of frequencies than they can transmit on in general, so its quite possible to receive none ham generated transmissions.
edit on 15-2-2013 by FawnyKate because: spelling errors

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by FawnyKate

The HAM I know has over 30 years of HAM experience and says this is not the regular sounds one picks up.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join