It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Twitter users face prosecution for posting pictures of Jon Venables

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
Death by experimentation...you know another group did this..Nazis.
I give up I tend to think people are ok and are able to forgive but after this thread I give up goodbye.

You keep banging on about forgiveness and second chances, yet it is well documented that Venables has shown no remorse for his crimes and has been given numerous chances to integrate back into society. So how much forgiveness and second chances should one person be given?

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Execution is to simple and easy....quite simply have him working 12 hours a day doing hard labor and people can turn up anytime and watch him doing his labor

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maxatoria
Execution is to simple and easy....quite simply have him working 12 hours a day doing hard labor and people can turn up anytime and watch him doing his labor

While that is a good idea in theory, don't forget that it won't be hard for him to escape like that, or maybe go mad and attack the people watching him.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by diqiushiwojia

Secure courtyard and him chained to the floor breaking rocks and the prison could make good money selling tea and cakes at a raised platform where for a few quid you can throw a few rocks on him

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by diqiushiwojia

Originally posted by Maxatoria

While that is a good idea in theory, don't forget that it won't be hard for him to escape like that, or maybe go mad and attack the people watching him.

Not if his legs are chained and guards with big sticks are watching over him.

It looks like the pictures are now finally being removed from Twitter, but have just seen a new one appear of somebody who looks totally different from the person in the original one. The whol thing really opens a can of worms - anybody with a vendetta against somebody can post a picture of them and say it is Jon Venables.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Maxatoria

reply to post by Ginga

People can do all sorts of 'amazing superhuman feats' when they turn mad, including breaking from chains and killing guards with big sticks. Also, what if he's fed drugs by the other prisoners? Don't forget the guy in Florida who ate from someone else's face. The risk is just too great for me to support this. If he's tied super tight and can't move a millimeter, then maybe. Chaining isn't effective enough IMO.
edit on 15/2/13 by diqiushiwojia because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Death by experimentation...you know another group did this..Nazis.
I give up I tend to think people are ok and are able to forgive but after this thread I give up goodbye.

Actually one big difference between experimenting on convicted sex offenders and on a ethnic group is that sex offenders have broken social contract, have been convicted of a serious crime and can not be rehabilitated.

Being part of the ethnic group that suffered greatly from the holocaust and, more importantly to my own family history, the Cossack's; I find it abhorrent that you compare the Hebrew people to sex offenders.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
They have bounties on their heads. It's a simple as that. The police KNOW that these murderers are wanted by the Liverpool underground.

Pretty much every Gangster and wannabe-gangster in Liverpool have offered money for information leading to the discovery of Venables and Thompson.

If their identities are ever blown, both of these men would be tortured to death.

--

Secondly, imagine a situation with a case of mistaken identity. Imagine if the wrong person if convicted by the gangsters?

This is why their execution should be up to the state and not private contractors, whether they licensed or not. Freelance murderers do not have the accountability of state sanctioned murderers.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by diqiushiwojia

We could get into what the most suitable punishment would be all day and night. The sad fact is that the 8 years they got was wrong in so many ways.

It always seems to be Venables who has been in the spotlight since their release, while Thompson has received very little attention. At the time police and lawyers observed that Venables was quite vulnerable, easily led and broke down and clung to his mother when told by officers they knew he'd done it. Thompson, on the other hand was more calculating and was the "Pied Piper" as they called him, leading Venables astray.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ginga
somebody supposedly who is Jon Venables today.

"somebody supposedly" - Well, there's your problem right there. How do we know that is really Jon Venables? There have been too many innocent people recently that have been accused of things they didn't do because of internet vigilantes.
edit on 15-2-2013 by Junkheap because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bronynonymous
reply to post by alienjuggalo

I disagree. I strongly believe in forgive and forget. But also, as I stated previously, these were 10 year olds. I don't know what you were like when you were 10 but I know that the things I did back then are very different from how I would handle them now. I can hardly remember all the endeavors of my adolescent years, so I don't think I should be held accountable for them now. I remember stealing a lot of money from my 3rd grade teacher durring lunch break, I got caught and punished then, I shouldn't still be labeled a thief for something I did in 3rd grade.
edit on 14-2-2013 by Bronynonymous because: Font color HTML code didn't register.

There is quite a difference between stealing a little money and conspiring to kidnap and murder someone. Age is irrelevant. These weren't children, they were satanic beasts. BTW the apostrophes are what is messing with your font color edit. Font size and color edits do not work properly when you have apostrophes in your text. I do not think anyone cares what you stole in third grade. However they would be rightly concerned had you kidnapped, tortured, and killed somebody in the third grade.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   

What is it with these two? Why the leniency for such evil crimes and the huge effort to protect them?

I am thinking that perhaps the people that have shown leniency and a lot of protection may be deceived do-gooders; or... some may be guilty of the same crimes these 2 have done over the years; but because of their positions of power and connections; they have not been caught.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Um...

Did they ever find out why they did it? Because normal 10 year olds aren't thinking about murdering smaller children. Clearly something is wrong with them in the brain.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by WaterBottle
Um...

Did they ever find out why they did it? Because normal 10 year olds aren't thinking about murdering smaller children. Clearly something is wrong with them in the brain.

I know it is difficult for many people to believe and accept but...some people are born evil...and they stay evil from the cradle to the grave; it is their pleasure to cause harm and violence to good people. These evil people are very good actors and are able to deceive many of the good in society.

Examples: Ted Bundy and Jeffery Dahmer.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sozen94

Of course what they did was wrong but we can not lock up 2 10 years olds for ever, like I said people do change for the better.

I agree, they should be executed instead of being locked up.
Does it look like Venables is changing? No. He's still a sick and twisted human being who deserves to be shot.

Off topic.. I love yoyr avatar..

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea

What is it with these two? Why the leniency for such evil crimes and the huge effort to protect them?

I am thinking that perhaps the people that have shown leniency and a lot of protection may be deceived do-gooders; or... some may be guilty of the same crimes these 2 have done over the years; but because of their positions of power and connections; they have not been caught.

I know it might be dismissed as paranoid, but Im incline to agree with the latter; I have read over a Coronial Court inquest into another murder of a child that protections were offered to known Paedophiles because of their relationship to members of the establishment.

To provide links would be off topic, but I do believe that the rich and powerful in paedophile rings do use convicted sex offenders to do the the acquisition and disposal of their victims.

Every movement of these two should be available to the community--sex offender registry's should be able to track him.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

Well I get that people are born psychopaths, they are born with damage to the emotional part of the brain, rendering it impossible for them to feel empathy, care, or compassion for others. And usually a psychopath has to have an abusive childhood for them to become violent/deviant/murderers later in life.

(Reuters) - Scientists who scanned the brains of men convicted of murder, rape and violent assaults have found the strongest evidence yet that psychopaths have structural abnormalities in their brains.

The study showed that psychopaths, who are characterized by a lack of empathy, had less grey matter in the areas of the brain important for understanding other peoples' emotions.

While cognitive and behavioral treatments may benefit people with anti-social personality disorders, the same approach may not work for psychopaths with brain damage, Blackwood said.

www.reuters.com...

This vid goes on about psychopathic children and no matter how much therapy they received, they still were callous and unemotional because they had brain damage.

So should we just off all psychopaths then? Murder rates would plummet, violent crime, rapes, etc. All it takes is a brain scan to determine them. And it is thought to be genetic, so the less there are to reproduce, the less there will ever be.

edit on 15-2-2013 by WaterBottle because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by alienjuggalo

Eye for an eye

I can forgive kids for almost anything,but if you beat a 5 year old to death with rocks you lose your right to live in society I dont care how old you are..

What the hell is wrong with the Uk government?

We have a coalition and a conservative prime minister! But that's a whole other subject.

I think had they showed signs of remorse or changing then maybe they deserve protection but clearly, one of them, is still a beast! They should be castrated with a rusty knife!

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Why are they still being protected though?

After he committed his first crime out of prison the protection should have been lifted.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   
The pictures showing the two of them as adults just popped up on my facebook, so presumably they are all over the place now.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join