It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Parents Complain About School Ad Excluding Whites From Tutoring Program

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chance321

Originally posted by Destinyone
reply to post by inverslyproportional

Bet you dimes on a dollar, if the white parents tried to start an after school program, for white kids only...all hell would break loose....

Des

Oh, you can bet Rev. jesse jackasson an big mouth al sharpton would be marching within a half hour of that.

And? Why wont non-colored people march against crap like this?

I dont agree with this either. Even though the kids are being taught, they arent learning very well from the adults.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Got it!
Call the NAACP and tell them that the school is MAKING children of color stay longer in a "colored only class" while all the white kids get to go out and play. Then say that it is SLAVERY and the children are being held there so the teachers can make more money.
Sit back laugh and the ****storm.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Diggz

Because non colored people can't speak out openly against things like this without being branded racist. I'm assuming you didn't get the memo.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by kimish

Oh i got the memo, but its not my problem..I just dont see how that would stop anyone if it was a serious enough issue...at least you wont have to worry about any fire hoses or German Shephards...

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
This guy needs to be clued in that race doesn't actually exist, since we are all human

I think you said it best.

What a bunch of crap.

Im sorry to tell you this but the idea that there is no such thing as race is some ultra neo-PC crap.
en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...

If you need to be convinced that this is racial discrimination and that the people involved are 'racist', well then you might want to re-evaluate your critical thinking skills.

See its just PC crap you are spewing, and this quote is proof of that. Notice how its okay for THEM to use race but anyone that sees race needs to "re-evaluate their critical thinking skills"? Another glaring example of politically correct double standards.

edit on 15-2-2013 by Superhans because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 12:17 AM
link   
denver.cbslocal.com/2013/02/14/mission-viejo-tutoring-program-segregation-allegations/

Misunderstanding.... Apologies.... Etc.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 12:28 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by torque
denver.cbslocal.com/2013/02/14/mission-viejo-tutoring-program-segregation-allegations/

Misunderstanding.... Apologies.... Etc.

Well, good on them in rectifying the issue, but, saying it is a misunderstanding is disingenuous.
They should have instead been honest and said it was just poorly thought out, and the aim is actually to help out children of poor familys, whom happen to be disproportionately minorities..

Integrity goes a long way. Now even the town fool can see they simply are lying to (poorly) save face.

It is understandable to want to help out a struggling group of people..but they aren't struggling because they are dumber than other races..they struggle because of their socio-economic status...that is what should be focused on..not colors..but pocketbook and situation.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 01:02 AM
link   
This isn't just in the schools. I live in a rural county where I used to work for the mental health system. There are special programs, classes, and housing funding especially just for "Latinos".

It's getting really, really ridiculous.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 02:51 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 03:00 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Ray Bradbury - 'And the Rock Cried Out!'

Anyone else read it?

If anything proves that discrimination does not discriminate against any race, then the 'tutoring for non whites only' is proof.

It's a sad world and sadly the schools and their teachers are, unwittingly, part of the oppression of eachother.

If only everyone could see that we are all One then we would clearly see who the Real Enemies are; those who seek to divide and conquer.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Who is funding this program, the NAACP? I see scholarships being offered solely for minorities where I teach all the time. It's reverse discrimination, and I can't believe that school officials would be so narrow minded to do such a thing. I'm sure this school is trying to improve the achievement gap between blacks and whites, but this is the wrong way to go about it.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 04:01 AM
link   
You people are ridiculous, the OP did not even provide a link to the story and you are jumping all over it. The thing could have been completely made up. Anywho, I found the story and the OP intentionally left out the ending in order to spark some race baiting which has already started in this thread. Btw, the poster for the program just said that it was for students of color not specifically that white people were not allowed.

Anywho the article goes on to say:

“I think what the answer is, is that he made a mistake,” Tustin Amole with the Cherry Creek School District told CBS4. The new tutoring program was started by parents of minority students to help bridge the achievement gap. The district is now clarifying that the program wasn’t meant to segregate anyone.

“But we have had lots of students sign up for the tutoring. Many of them are white and we will be accepting all of them,” Amole said.

“I just want everybody to be treated equally,” Cox said.

The new tutoring program began Wednesday. CBS4 was told a letter would be going out to parents to clarify the error that was made.

The original news article

White students will be able to attend, nobody is being discriminated against, minorities are not being prejudiced...calm down.
edit on 15-2-2013 by acmpnsfal because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 06:45 AM
link   
reply to post by acmpnsfal

The new tutoring program began Wednesday. CBS4 was told a letter would be going out to parents to clarify the error that was made.

If people hadn't complained would they have bothered with the " Oh, it was just a typo." excuse? Sounds more like they are back peddling because they got caught.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Diggz
And? Why wont non-colored people march against crap like this?

I dont agree with this either. Even though the kids are being taught, they arent learning very well from the adults.

I wouldn't hold my breath waiting.
Second.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Reply to post by Chance321

Nobody said it was a typo the principal made a mistake clearly the school district didn't know about it. They found out and it was handled...end of story.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 09:16 AM
link   
It's so strange, Colorado has a higher percentage of whites than a lot of states, but there is a lot of racism against white people there. I remember when I lived in Denver waiting at a buss stop some people drove by and yelled "F*** white people" at us. Then there was the gang of people walking around the city attacking and robbing, specifically white people. Nobody cared, the media didn't label it like it was. Why are people afraid to call it like it is when it involves white people being targeted or discriminated against?

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
This guy needs to be clued in that race doesn't actually exist, since we are all human

What a bunch of crap.

If you need to be convinced that this is racial discrimination and that the people involved are 'racist', well then you might want to re-evaluate your critical thinking skills.

~Tenth

Such sanctimonious parsing of words and semantics going on here. What then, is this? What would you call a public principle in support of after-school tutoring program that turns away students because they are not "a child of color"?

I understand your larger statement (and the philosophical/scientific understanding of it), but in this context it is what it is, this principle supports segregating children based on a view that should not even be held by a public servant/educator in this day in age.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   
WOW just wow! If i had a kid and it was on that school i would pull him/her out as fast as i could and look for a better school. The person who came up with this plan should be FIRED and never offered a position like that again.
I'm half black & half white so this hurts me in 2 ways

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join